X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Down with Negativity!

Originally posted by MANEATINGWREATH View Post
    Wild Ol' Dan you are officially my favorite MiceChatter of all time.
    I don't know if I have an absolute favorite micechatter but I always enjoy Wild Ol' Dan's posts immensely. He's good people

Comment

Originally posted by disneyland55 View Post
      While I completely agree that it is a good thing to focus on the positives, I also believe that discussing the negative is an indication of how much someone truly cares about Disneyland and its legacy. See, there's even a way to make the negatives into positives.

Anyhow, for me, Disneyland is one of my favorite places to be in the whole world, and it has been since I was young. To me, it represents the good in society, and people in general. It reminds me that great things are achievable when you put your heart and mind into something. Disneyland truly is an inspiration to the whole world, and something I'm grateful to have been able to grow up enjoying.
      Yes true..because if no one said anything "negative" about the Resort...things like the Castle walkthrough coming back..or Gallery coming back...or DCA 2.0 would have never happened
      Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

I agree we all need to tone down the negativity from time to time, and appreciate DLR for still being the magical place to be. It sure beats every Six Flags and other amusement parks out there!

Comment

^yes but you get what you pay for Universal is like 70 bucks for an AP...and you get one free ticket for a friend...
          Six Flags is like 70 bucks for the water park and the normal park

While neither are as "magical" they are fine parks for 70 bucks for a whole year of fun...I have an AP for all three parks and let me tell you I've gone to just as much as Disneyland and I pay about 4 times less because of gas...ticket prices and food
          Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	l.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	36.8 KB
ID:	7343822

Need I say more?

Total Tender Rides: 20
            Total Lilly Belle Rides: 9
            Total Dapper Days Attended: 2
            Total Mark Twain Wheelhouse Rides: 5

Comment

I have had some wonderful cast member surprises over the many years I have been going to Disneyland. Earlier this year it was getting to ride the Lilly Belle, thanks to a couple of cast members assistance. Last year it was two cast members taking a comment I had about Flynn's Arcade not being open right then to going over and getting me one each of the tokens! They were handed to me right after we got off Monsters, Inc. What a wonderful surprise!
              sigpic
              Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

Comment

I love the cast members, especially the ones I keep on seeing over and over again (Since I always go on the same day of the week; Friday). Made friends with a Whovian over at the Jungle Cruise and a relief engineer while taking Tender Rides. They're so much fun to talk to! They really liven the place up!

PS: Anyone here know Big Joe?

Total Tender Rides: 20
                Total Lilly Belle Rides: 9
                Total Dapper Days Attended: 2
                Total Mark Twain Wheelhouse Rides: 5

Comment

I know that Disneyland will be where it is today, and tomorrow. Maybe not forever, but that's a nice thought to have, especially as I drive the family away to home.
                  I am old. But still love Disneyland.

Comment

Down with negativity!

Disneyland is bliss. It's family. It's love. It's worry-free. I love taking it all in. I love riding the rides. I love people-watching. I love the dazzling Christmas lights and music. I love watching childrens or first-timers see Disneyland for the first time or interact with a beloved character. I love playing "The Disneyland Game" with my little sister during our hot summer trips. I love how it's always changing, evolving, "it will never be complete." I love the new Carsland and BVS. I love how DCA is being fixed up and prettied. I love meeting amazing people and cast members at Disneyland. I love how sometimes it just feels magical.

Ah, anyways, I'm done And while everyone is talking about CL and I'm going to add that I can't wait to see it in a few weeks at night!
                    sigpic...After a YEAR I finally was able to figure out my password again! I'm baaack! Woohoo!(:
                    Disney is my life <3
                    Thank Walt for all he did! <3
                    Future Imagineer <3
                    Keep Disney the way Walt intended it!!

Comment

Anti-negativity is what Disneyland is all about. It is the happiest place on Earth. The sustained popularity is dependent on pleasing the many different needs that make individuals happy.
                      The negativity that we see on these boards is due to the reality that different things make different people happy and what makes one happy makes another dissatisfied. The task that the Disney originators undertook was arduous. For the most part, they have succeeded.
                      Personally, there are two very specific spots in DL that erase all the tumult of politics, economics, and the real world as a whole. The first is at the top deck of the Mark Twain stern, particularly on that attraction's first trip of the day. The engine's noise from the two real smokestacks and the paddlewheel's splashing drowns out the recorded track. Gazing backwards you watch civilization fade out of sight and I am transported down a river flanked with tall trees. Time goes away.

The second place is on Pirates after the second drop and before the turn to the first tableau. The echoes from the second drop dissipate into the crashing of the waterfalls. The guests grow quiet. The disembodied voice growls, "Dead men tell no tales."

That moment is the perfect example of the Imagineer's genius. It doesn't get any better than that. The scene is set. They have your attention. You have been moved into a different place & time. In fact, it is an entirely different reality. Everything that you will see after, is based on that small moment after the second drop. Notice that there are two drops. The first takes you away from the real world, the second into the alternative world. It works the first time that you enjoy the attraction. It works on the hundredth. None of it has been left to chance or whimsey. Conception, design, and engineering mesh precisely in an unparalleled achievement.
                      Skiddley Whiffers is a cruel mistress; cold and unforgiving.

Comment

Originally posted by gomezaddams View Post
                        The second place is on Pirates after the second drop and before the turn to the first tableau. The echoes from the second drop dissipate into the crashing of the waterfalls. The guests grow quiet. The disembodied voice growls, "Dead men tell no tales."

That moment is the perfect example of the Imagineer's genius. It doesn't get any better than that. The scene is set. They have your attention. You have been moved into a different place & time. In fact, it is an entirely different reality. Everything that you will see after, is based on that small moment after the second drop. Notice that there are two drops. The first takes you away from the real world, the second into the alternative world. It works the first time that you enjoy the attraction. It works on the hundredth. None of it has been left to chance or whimsey. Conception, design, and engineering mesh precisely in an unparalleled achievement.
                        Beautifully worded, and SO true! Uuugh I'm just getting butterflies in my stomach thinking about it! So wonderful! :blush:
                        ..:: DLR Trips: 1994, 1999, 2012 ::..

Comment

What a great thread!
                          There seems to be a bunch of folks going in Sept and hopefully we'll be among them. We're waiting to see if any E ticket rides will down during that time (besides HM) before we make any further plans. If there is then we'll go in early May.
                          I can't wait to see all the new stuff at DCA. It's been torture seeing all the construction going on during our yearly visits. Then there's all the upgrades and maint. that's been going on at DL making it even better than it's been in a long time.

Comment

This is a wonderful thread. First time in a while I've felt compelled to add.

I LOVE Disneyland. It's been about 8 years since I've been (not as long as it's been for kayleigh83) but I have to wait longer for my next trip (Memorial Day week, 2013.)

As a side note, a few times, I've clicked into threads that start out innocently enough but quickly devolve into a bout of bickering. I've jumped out of those threads before reaching the end so I don't know how they turned out.
                            Glad I found this one though!

Comment

And this morning I wake up to find it having a two star rating haha.

I was going to say something positive but I suddenly forgot it. Probably because I'm too busy thinking about a very happy memory from an era gone by.

Long ago...say 1990-something, my family was caught up in the Country Bear Playhouse as usual. I was enjoying the show very into it and my grandma turned to me to ask me how I liked the show. I shushed her and pushed her face away from me. I was like three haha. Good times...not for her...but good times.
                              "Y'all come back now, ya hear?"

Comment

Well, you have one more five star rating from me!

Comment

Wild Ol Dan - I love your posts!

Comment

Thanks for starting this thread, Steamboat Mickey!

I'm looking forward to seeing the Walt Disney exhibit at the Reagan Presidential Library/Museum this weekend! Also currently at the that museum is a display of gulag related art, which (I'd argue) demonstrates that there is also a need for optimistic art like Disneyland. The juxtaposition of those two simultaneous exhibits shows that while our species is capable of Nazis, we're also capable of creating wonderful things, like Disneyland.

I think optimism can be more challenging than pessimism, and this is why I defend Walt Disney and his land. One can't solve problems till they are recognized, and it's up to critics to point out problems, but then we need optimists take on the challenges of solving them. Ideally, leaders would combine appropriate, justified negativity with positivity. William Blake's Song's of Innocence and Experience, published in the late 1700s, featured beautiful and terrifying rhymes about God's creation. With Disney's world & the gulag now on display in Simi Valley, this conflict endures.

Comment

No matter how I might feel about changes to the park or whatever, there is one thing that will never be taken away from me with regard to Disneyland.....its thematic and unique approach to family entertainment that Walt so successfully tapped into. It all started with his vision that was different from what he was seeing at other "amusement" parks and carnivals, and he wanted something special. Boy did he find something remarkable in that vision.
                                      So much so that Disneyland and its sister parks will always be different than the others who have worked so hard to repeat that magic that Walt found and put into motion in his park.
                                      As I've said in past postings, Disneyland brings about a feeling that you just don't get at other parks. It's a difficult feeling to describe in words sometimes, but you know it when you feel it. And I feel it at Disneyland.
                                      I was thinking about this the other night while watching the "Magical" fireworks show where it all came together for me. The music they incorporate into the show really hits on some of the greatest animated features Disney ever created and pretty much sums up the fantasy, the escapism, and the magical quality that has separated Disney from the rest from the beginning, making it the unique and special place it is.
                                      The rest can try to capture it, and some might do great jobs in some of their "rides" and "experiences." But they will never be Disney. They will never find what the original park, and its remarkable originatOR, found.

Comment

I'm looking forward to my trip in November! Not only to see the new additions to DCA, but to be back home! Last time I was there, DCA was all walls. Needless to say I didn't really get the full experience being there. I literally went in there to ride ToT and go back to DL.
                                        120 days!

Comment

Yay! I love this thread! My family and I are planning a trip to DL and DCA in October. I have never been there during fall or winter so I am really excited to go. Especially during Halloween being that it is my favorite holiday. I am looking forward to seeing all of the villians. lol. I just hope when we go IASM won't be down for the holiday refurb. My parents would take us every summer since I can remember so my brother, sister and I carry on the tradition. I can't wait to go!!! Here I come Haunted Mansion! :yea:

I forgot to mention I can't wait until I can have my chocolate covered banana and dole whip. Plus eating a hamburger from The Hungry Bear. I love sitting in the shade and the atmosphere to me is just priceless. So, relaxing. Now, I really can't wait until October.
                                          Last edited by tinkerbell714; 07-14-2012, 05:28 PM.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X