Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why doesn't the DLR have an entry sign?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Question] Why doesn't the DLR have an entry sign?

    Just wondering why the DLR does not have a large, grandiose entry marker like WDW or the rest of the resorts? It has always felt odd to me not to see a sign that welcomes you into the DLR and builds your anticipation and excitement. I know they used to have a large sign but took it out during the expansion.

    Why isn't there something like these:

    HKDL July 2011 - Arriving at Hong Kong Disneyland | Flickr - Photo Sharing!



  • #2
    Re: Why doesn't the DLR have an entry sign?

    They do have an entrance sign. It's just not as large as it used to be. I think this may have something to do with easements in place with the city. Sorry for the light pole being in the way. We were driving when my wife took this pic.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2589.png
Views:	1
Size:	232.5 KB
ID:	7343838
    "I do not like to repeat successes. I like to go on to other things." - Walt Disney

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Why doesn't the DLR have an entry sign?

      It has one at almost every parking lot entrance.

      Have you actually ever been to Disneyland OP?
      Last edited by Wren; 07-12-2012, 08:56 AM.
      There is no right or wrong in this debate. It is simply a matter of perspective.
      -Dr. Strange

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Why doesn't the DLR have an entry sign?

        There is also one at the structure.
        "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Why doesn't the DLR have an entry sign?

          It may also have something to do with the need. In Orlando, Disney World is not in the middle of a big city. It is in a lush green area. It is very easy to miss. From that sign, it is miles until you get to the park. Here, Disneyland is right there. You can't miss it.
          http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
          http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ip-report.html
          http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
          http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
          http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...something.html

          No matter where you go, there you are.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Why doesn't the DLR have an entry sign?

            Even if there was a sign it wouldn't be noticed. In that area you have street signs, and signs for hotels and restaurants. It would be too cluttered for anyone to really notice anyways, unless they build a huge sign like they had in the past. But I don't think that's possible. Notice how the hotels don't have huge signs either -- they just have concrete slabs with their names on them. That makes me think the problem is due more to do with ordinances from the City of Anaheim than anything else.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Why doesn't the DLR have an entry sign?

              Getting rid of the big, beautiful sign was one of the dumbest decisions ever made.

              Give me THIS any day of the week:



              I say make room for the sign, and bring it back.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Why doesn't the DLR have an entry sign?

                Originally posted by Wren View Post
                It has one at almost every parking lot entrance.

                Have you actually ever been to Disneyland OP?
                I have been wondering the same thing. The OP keeps trying to compare Florida
                to California.....

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Why doesn't the DLR have an entry sign?

                  Originally posted by Wren View Post
                  Have you actually ever been to Disneyland OP?
                  I'm kind of wondering this myself. It's not like the sign is hard to miss. Harbour Blvd is full of Disney iconography. It's not exactly a "blink and you'll miss it" kind of setup.
                  "I do not like to repeat successes. I like to go on to other things." - Walt Disney

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Why doesn't the DLR have an entry sign?

                    I've never been to Florida, is there only one way into the resort? Is there only one main road as a entrance?

                    In California? Where do you put the sign? Do you put it by the two or three different parking lots or where people walk up from the surrounding hotels? In California, there are different ways people arrive to the resort that there isn't a good place for one big sign.

                    In the old days, it was easy to put one at the edge of the park where everybody drove past to reach the parking lot. Now there is more than 1 parking lot.
                    Jeff made me famous!
                    From the Mouth of the Mouse.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Why doesn't the DLR have an entry sign?

                      Click image for larger version

Name:	mickey_friends_entrance_michael.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	37.8 KB
ID:	7343839
                      For Disney Theme Park Video Click Here!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Why doesn't the DLR have an entry sign?

                        Originally posted by Garrett240 View Post
                        I've never been to Florida, is there only one way into the resort? Is there only one main road as a entrance?

                        In California? Where do you put the sign? Do you put it by the two or three different parking lots or where people walk up from the surrounding hotels? In California, there are different ways people arrive to the resort that there isn't a good place for one big sign.

                        In the old days, it was easy to put one at the edge of the park where everybody drove past to reach the parking lot. Now there is more than 1 parking lot.
                        There are multiple entry signs in Florida.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Why doesn't the DLR have an entry sign?

                          Originally posted by Ryan120420 View Post
                          [ATTACH=CONFIG]22269[/ATTACH]
                          I haven't park in the M&F structure in ages (prefer Toy Story, plus it's easier to get to from I-5 North), but I was curious if they've updated the DCA logo on that sign yet? Or is it still the old logo that is pictured here?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Why doesn't the DLR have an entry sign?

                            There is a sign. See above.
                            Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Why doesn't the DLR have an entry sign?

                              I was just wondering why there is not a large marker from Katella to Disneyland Drive considering it is a major entrance and how resort guests enter.

                              And it is not only Florida that has signs, there are other examples up there.

                              Comment


                              • #16
                                Re: Why doesn't the DLR have an entry sign?

                                Originally posted by LLCMC View Post
                                I haven't park in the M&F structure in ages (prefer Toy Story, plus it's easier to get to from I-5 North), but I was curious if they've updated the DCA logo on that sign yet? Or is it still the old logo that is pictured here?
                                The Disney's California Adventure logo has been removed and the "Park" under Disneyland was replaced with "Resort".

                                Comment


                                • #17
                                  Re: Why doesn't the DLR have an entry sign?

                                  Originally posted by Retrocool View Post
                                  Getting rid of the big, beautiful sign was one of the dumbest decisions ever made.

                                  Give me THIS any day of the week:



                                  I say make room for the sign, and bring it back.
                                  It says parking 25 cents.... Nice it only 60 times more now
                                  Im here for fun and info not be a bully! Carsland here I come:yea:

                                  Comment


                                  • #18
                                    Re: Why doesn't the DLR have an entry sign?

                                    Another thing to consider, the Resort borders the 5 Freeway which I am assuming is pretty much everyone's way of getting to the Parks. There is signage everywhere within a few miles of exiting. After you get off the freeway you are pretty much forced to head to either Downtown Disney, or the Mickey & Friends parking structure which both have signage like in the examples you have given.

                                    The Harbor Blvd side which is only used for buses, and shuttles has large signs as well.


                                    Comment


                                    • #19
                                      Re: Why doesn't the DLR have an entry sign?

                                      Originally posted by explodingboy View Post
                                      Another thing to consider, the Resort borders the 5 Freeway which I am assuming is pretty much everyone's way of getting to the Parks. There is signage everywhere within a few miles of exiting. After you get off the freeway you are pretty much forced to head to either Downtown Disney, or the Mickey & Friends parking structure which both have signage like in the examples you have given.

                                      The Harbor Blvd side which is only used for buses, and shuttles has large signs as well.
                                      Having the Disneyland Dr exit from I-5 southbound makes it more obvious than before. Driving through the area though, do you really need a sign that says Disneyland on it? Drive down Harbor Blvd and you see Matterhorn, Space Mountain, Monorail, and Tower of Terror. Drive down Ball and you see TDA building plus the bridge. If you're going on Katella you see Paradise Pier. Driving north on West St and it becomes Disneyland Dr and you see Paradise Pier, the hotels, and the monorail plus Mickey and Friends. It's obvious you're at the Disneyland Resort.

                                      Comment


                                      • #20
                                        Re: Why doesn't the DLR have an entry sign?

                                        No one needs it. I'm pretty sure the OP was saying the resort would benefit from a grand entrance or marker that says, "I've arrived!" I agree completely. The various ones they have now simply aren't large enough scale to be impressive and convey that type of feeling.

                                        Comment

                                        Get Away Today Footer

                                        Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X