Clear All

• almandot
    replied
    Re: DL Firework, fantasmic n parade maybe cancel due to weather

Originally posted by DannyLand View Post
    why cant DL be like brave and strong like WDW's "Cavalcade"
    WARNING: Turn off your sound
    Magic Kingdom parade during hurricane 1 - YouTube
    Because WDW is really proud about sending out parades with characters waving on floats and people just walking and waving on the ground while Disneyland thinks that's poor show and if they're gonna do the regular parade, instead of a rainy day cavalcade, they want dancers and choreography so they can put on an actual show.

Leave a comment:

• Rex Dopey24
    replied

monsoon it is called during the middle of summer it happens coming mostly from desserts areas

Leave a comment:

• jsmith11618
    replied

Originally posted by j11 View Post
    well it wasn't humid enough for me to notice here where i am. Maybe its just me. But yeah, there was yet another light drizzle here a while ago. Strange weather nonetheless. Hot&humid+rain is definitely not SoCal weather.
    Not really all that strange to be honest. While certainly not an every day or frequent event, warm humid temps and some T-storms do appear this time of year throughout So. California, as long as I can remember growing up in San Diego, there has always been a few days of this kind of weather in the summer.

Leave a comment:

• bebs
    replied

I just got back from the parks, and it was raining on and off over there and in the oc area, I don't really recall raining in july very often (reminds me more of WDW then DLR) but anyways I dont remember seeing a parade or any announcement about them or any of the shows being canceled for the day (I left disneyland around 8ish)

Leave a comment:

• Dlandclub33
    replied

Today was disgusting. It was zoo hot and humid and it rained! C'mon California! Reasons like these are why I don't like in gross sticky weather florida! :P

Leave a comment:

• xceemora
    replied

I remember my grandpa would all ways say with this kind of weather with hot, warm, cold, rain n humid it could cause a big earthquake.

Leave a comment:

• j11
    replied

Originally posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    Dry? It was quite humid in the OC today. Now it's raining.
    well it wasn't humid enough for me to notice here where i am. Maybe its just me. But yeah, there was yet another light drizzle here a while ago. Strange weather nonetheless. Hot&humid+rain is definitely not SoCal weather.

Leave a comment:

• ohmyjustin
    replied

Originally posted by DannyLand View Post
    What happened there was that the parade started before the weather hit. Once things hit the stage, they have to do the show. Whether it is the full one or a shortened one is up to them at the time. I was told that if it was raining a substantial amount during my stay at DHS, they would do a rain version of Fantasmic! which didn't include barges, characters, and lots more...so it's not really a case of being brave or not.

Leave a comment:

• DisneyIPresume
    replied

Originally posted by j11 View Post
    Some rather strange weather today. Hot, dry, yet gloomy. There was even a light drizzle! I doubt its gonna cancel anything though.
    Dry? It was quite humid in the OC today. Now it's raining.

Leave a comment:

• j11
    replied

Some rather strange weather today. Hot, dry, yet gloomy. There was even a light drizzle! I doubt its gonna cancel anything though.

Leave a comment:

• DannyLand
    replied

Leave a comment:

• xceemora
    replied

It did not say anything about WOC being cancel due to the weather.

Leave a comment:

• dougeebear
    replied

Originally posted by RemainSeatedPlz87 View Post
    what about woc?? i saw somewhere there is an alternative entertainment to the parade called Mickey's Rainy Day
    Cavalcade. Does anyone know anything about this or have pictures of such "show"
    From what I recall, it is a few characters covered in clear plastic raincoats riding in Main Street vehicles.

Leave a comment:

• RemainSeatedPlz87
    replied

what about woc?? i saw somewhere there is an alternative entertainment to the parade called Mickey's Rainy Day
    Cavalcade. Does anyone know anything about this or have pictures of such "show"

Leave a comment:

• DL Firework, fantasmic n parade maybe cancel due to weather

I just read from mouse times that they may cancel, the fireworks, both shows of Fantasmic and the 6:30 parade are all on "weather permitting mode" Due to the unforeseen weather conditions.

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X