X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sucho23
    replied
    Re: Soarin' TLC

I agree on Soarin. The film quality is horrible, so much grit and a blurry wavy part in the left theatre. I went on it this past week and usually like going on it a couple times. My wife and I agreed that once was enough. Time for a update.

Leave a comment:

• Njdrummer
    replied

Is there not two sides? I thought one was down last year.
    Anyway, I hope they wait untill after my trip in Jan.

Leave a comment:

• SoarinMatt
    replied

Unfortunately, there is not digital technology that can show at the quality of the IMAX film that Soarin' uses. I do think a good refurb is needed, and here are some things that I think need to get done:

Repaint everything in the queue.

Deep cleaning of projectors and screens and put in new film prints.

Re-do floors.

Do something to the exterior queue.

Leave a comment:

• InsertCuteNameHere
    replied

i know theyre completely different parks, but I'd take this over the gum on the ground on magic mountain's Batman ride.

Leave a comment:

• Low Saturn
    replied

Originally posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    ^as cool as that would....the risk of dead pixies is worst then an projector going down
    You would be able to see a dead pixel at that distance with all the movement happening on screen plus the movement of the ride itself? That's pretty impressive.

Leave a comment:

• JerrodDRagon
    replied

^as cool as that would....the risk of dead pixies is worst then an projector going down

Leave a comment:

• Low Saturn
    replied

Originally posted by Pizzapants View Post
    How about some digital projectors?
    Instead of digital projectors, a flexible LCD screen. The screen could go even further around riders. The technology is still pretty new now, but give it a few years.

Click image for larger version

Name:	NanoLumens_Demo.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	26.3 KB
ID:	7343914

Click image for larger version

Name:	t01-728165.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	9.0 KB
ID:	7343915

Leave a comment:

• Stitch626626
    replied

Originally posted by explodingboy View Post
    I'm 99% sure Stitch626626 was being sarcastic, but I like your suggestions!
    Oh I was, but I'd like you to come up with a better reason for the scribbling on the wall.

I was just speculating on a reason.

Leave a comment:

• JerrodDRagon
    replied

I'd like to see one more attraction but up before Soarin goes down for its BIG refurbishment

Leave a comment:

• 999happyhants
    replied

I don't know what their plan is but there is a screen glitch in the corner of the screen that has been there for a few years. I agree that Soarin should be at the top of the list.

Leave a comment:

• bkroz
    replied

I think that Soarin' is definitely on the short list for refurbishment. Can we honestly picture Lasseter or Iger riding it and not noticing the huge screen stains, flickering projectors, etc? I'm sure that at this point, the aim is to keep the park from having any rides under refurbishment, especially as DCA re-opens. That said, it would've been nice if the park's one original hit had a fresh overall for the re-opening...

Leave a comment:

• JoyceParker
    replied

support

Leave a comment:

• mousedaddy
    replied

Makes me think of my great grandmother she would see something like that and said “fools names and fools faces always seen in public places”

Leave a comment:

• Stormy
    replied

Originally posted by calsig31 View Post
    I would really like to know what goes through the minds of these low-lifes when they decide to carve their initials into something that doesn't belong to them. I don't know whether to chalk this up to low morals, immaturity, or poor parenting.

Because EVERYONE in the world wants to know that those little Gits were THERE, doncha know!

Leave a comment:

• MagicWDI
    replied

Perhaps Maintenance is waiting to refurbish the attraction for some reason. The whole attraction needs major TLC, especially the main part... the film and the screen. Maybe they're waiting to redo the Condor Flats area of the park.

Leave a comment:

• explodingboy
    replied

Originally posted by Pizzapants View Post
    But seriously, with the rest of DCA looking shiny and new, some fixin' has to be done with Soarin' Over California. I try not to nitpick, but even I became discouraged with the shape the screens/film was in. How about some digital projectors? And I personally don't like the queue. Sheet metal and pictures of aviation history? I think they could do better than that while still honoring aviation.
    This :bow:

Originally posted by Stitch626626 View Post
    ^^^I'd say it's a combo of all 3. Throw in the fact that teens these days have low attention spans and that lines can get pretty boring, what else are they gonna do BESIDES scribble their names into the paint?
    Originally posted by calsig31 View Post
    Maybe take in the cool aviation pictures that line the walkway, kill time on their smart phone, or and I realize this is completely irrational thinking, maybe try talking to the people that they are with. Simulating conversation is a great way to kill time.
    I'm 99% sure Stitch626626 was being sarcastic, but I like your suggestions!

Leave a comment:

• Dillamond
    replied

I never understood why people do this. D: Children, didn't we get past the scribbling stage at age 6?!

Leave a comment:

• calsig31
    replied

Originally posted by Stitch626626 View Post
    ^^^I'd say it's a combo of all 3. Throw in the fact that teens these days have low attention spans and that lines can get pretty boring, what else are they gonna do BESIDES scribble their names into the paint?
    Maybe take in the cool aviation pictures that line the walkway, kill time on their smart phone, or and I realize this is completely irrational thinking, maybe try talking to the people that they are with. Simulating conversation is a great way to kill time.

Leave a comment:

• Pizzapants
    replied

So, since the problem we're having is carving their names into the paint, and we implemented this anti-graffiti wall, would it carve into the kids?

I'll invest in this right now!!

But seriously, with the rest of DCA looking shiny and new, some fixin' has to be done with Soarin' Over California. I try not to nitpick, but even I became discouraged with the shape the screens/film was in. How about some digital projectors? And I personally don't like the queue. Sheet metal and pictures of aviation history? I think they could do better than that while still honoring aviation.

Leave a comment:

• Stitch626626
    replied

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X