This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice needed on DD's birthday DL trip

OK so I promised DD (turning 9) that if she wanted to skip a birthday party we could take a trip to DL and stay in the DL hotel (we usually stay at one of the Harbor hotels and she's always wanted to go to the DL hotel). I was pricing the trip and it would almost cost the same as a trip to Hawaii. Anyway, DD, seeing the price, said "That's ok, we don't have to stay at the DL hotel." We came up with the solution that we will stay at one of our regular hotels and stay the last night (her birthday) at the DL hotel. Since we can't do what I had originally promised, I would like to make the trip extra special. Any ideas? I'd especially like to know about special things we should do on resort property since we never stay there. Thanks for your help!
    Last edited by stitchlvr; 12-30-2005, 04:57 PM. Reason: mistake
    sigpic

Here's a link to my birthday information page that you might find useful. Only change is that the merchandise cart outside Plaza Inn now only sells the Pooh birthday plush and a pin.

Have a great time.

Comment

Re: Advice needed on DD's birthday DL trip

I did this with my daughter one year - just one night at the Disneyland Hotel. You can call ahead and arrange to have things put in the room. I had ballons and mouse ears with her name already embrordered on it. They also had an autographed photos of the princesses for her and a birthday button. They can put anything you can purchase in the park into a basket.

She spent most of the time in the pool even though it was freezing. She loved the waterslide but it has limited hours so check first. We also did breakfast at Goofys and got late night ice cream from room service.

Comment

also if your going to DCA go to the Tortilla factory because they will give her a whole pack of fresh tortillas. Also at Plaza Inn there is a birthday thing where you can decorate a cake and its really fun for younger kids. Also they have themed buckets for birthdays (i believe its Buzz, Sorcerer Mickey, Princesses, and Pooh) at Goofy Kitchen and for purchase in front of the Plaza Inn. They include like a happy birthday pin and other stuff. Also , volunatrily, lots of CMs will say "Happy Birthday, (insert name here)". Believe my its lots of fun

Comment

Thanks so much for the info and ideas.

Cstephens- I found your page doing my research. It is very helpful even if you think it's outdated.

Schlumpf- Thanks especially for the specific DL hotel info. I liked hearing about the pool. DD wants to try it, but I don't think it will be swimming weather.

Jack's Return- DD loves those tortillas in DCA so she'll be thrilled with that sample.

Thanks everyone!
          sigpic

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X