Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] What is Going on in September???

I was looking at booking a trip during the 2nd or 3rd week of September (after Labor Day and before all the Halloween stuff) and a bunch of the hotels are already booked up and what rooms are left are more costly ones. Is there some major thing going on then that I don't know about? Maybe I need to re-think my dates? Thanks!

Re: What is Going on in September???

I've heard a few things about visitors from Australia, as well as something about Cheerleaders (?). We're going then too. Would love to hear those more in the know answer this.

Comment

I see plenty of hotels for the Disneyland area. I search online and found them starting at the low $40s for week nights (I plugged in 9-17 to 9-21 ...weekdays). You didn't mention a certain date, only 2nd and 3rd week.

I found mid class hotels for 60$ - $99.

All were within a mile or less of the resort.

How many hotels did you look up? Dates? Price range? How far are you willing to stay, how close do you realistically want to be?

Comment

Originally posted by MeaganM View Post
        I was looking at booking a trip during the 2nd or 3rd week of September (after Labor Day and before all the Halloween stuff) and a bunch of the hotels are already booked up and what rooms are left are more costly ones. Is there some major thing going on then that I don't know about? Maybe I need to re-think my dates? Thanks!
        Hum....the weeks after Labor Day and before October are usually a great time to go, and typically when I like to go every year. Some AP's are still blocked on the weekends and the weekdays are typically 2-3 level busy. Completely manageable if you ask me.

Have you checked prices on Getawaytoday recently? Some good neighbor hotels are still dirt cheap and offering free nights on extended stays. Awesome deals are still available, for sure.....
        Did you know that 87% of spoken statistics are made up on the spot?

Comment

No, no, nothing available, move along please, nothing to see here. LOL LOL. That's when we're going, just trying to keep the crowds down. I kid, I kid!
          "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

Comment

Yeah, you don't want to go in September. That's when all the weirdos are there, and you don't want our weirdness rubbing off on you.

Comment

Originally posted by Stormy View Post
              No, no, nothing available, move along please, nothing to see here. LOL LOL. That's when we're going, just trying to keep the crowds down. I kid, I kid!
              Originally posted by Santoanderson View Post
              Yeah, you don't want to go in September. That's when all the weirdos are there, and you don't want our weirdness rubbing off on you.
              Hahaha! That's when we are going as well. We were hoping for lighter crowds, but now I am getting a bit worried. Maybe this summer was the time to go after all. :/
              * *The dreams that you wish will come true* *

Comment

September 15th and 16th is the Once Upon A Time Fan meetup (unofficial event)
                Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
                July 13th-18th
                November 19th-25th

Comment

conventions/groups, trust me im in the know lol

Comment

we went @ this time last year and ran into so many Australians, they're all so friendly. Don't go in September, that may or may not be when we're going and we don't like crowds

Comment

I can just see us all now, frowning with arms akimbo, saying to each other "I TOLD you not to come now" (stomp foot). But srsly, as we pass on Main St we'll smile at each other when we see that 'Disney Twinkle' in the other's eyes, thinking "I wonder if that's ..... from Micechat?"
                      "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

Comment

I'm gonna be there, but let's try and keep this under hats shall we, I'm really getting tired of the endless press and paparazzi following my every move, can't I just have a a normal life.

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

-Walt Disney

Comment

When I went September 9-11th 2010 I figured it would be pretty slow as it was after labor day and in the middle of the week...boy was I wrong! It was the home school convention week..parks were packed!! That maybe going on again at that time
                          My Name Is Margy and I am a mint julepaholic.
                          Disneyland freak since my first trip when I turned 6 months old...september 1987!!
                          "I do not like to repeat successes, I like to go on to other things."
                          ~* Uncle Walt *~
                          2014 gumball rally team: Skyway sweethearts

​Proud premium Annual Passholder since May 2nd, 2014

Comment

Last week in September is showing higher rates for the week than the weekend at several hotels. Some show the rates higher Tues-Friday, some Mon-Tuesday. Lots of hotels are booked: for example Hojo, candy cane, desert inn and suites, and paradise pier and DL hotel are both showing same rate of 325. I find this odd and frustrating of course, but would love an answer as to why. If I find it, will report back.

Comment

Originally posted by wltdzny View Post
                              Last week in September is showing higher rates for the week than the weekend at several hotels. Some show the rates higher Tues-Friday, some Mon-Tuesday. Lots of hotels are booked: for example Hojo, candy cane, desert inn and suites, and paradise pier and DL hotel are both showing same rate of 325. I find this odd and frustrating of course, but would love an answer as to why. If I find it, will report back.
                              My research is only on the web, so take this with a grain of salt. There is a California Ambulance group that has a conenvtion going in Paradise Pier Hotel this week. Some dancing Australian girls are staying at the Red Lion. There is a Laser convention at one of the hotels on harbor. This is in addition to what is already showing on the convention center website, which doesn't seem like much.

And then of course, the halloween party on Friday night.

Not very impressive. But I promised a report and there you have it.

Comment

10 - 23 of Sept
                                there a few things going on in Anaheim

i know Disney is hosting some technology Conference
                                on sept 10 - 13th

SoCal Smackdown will be on the 3rd weekend
                                there also some Kabbalah thing the 3rd week
                                aswell as some conventions, trade shows, exhibitions, Summit and some Woman Of Faith thing

but then again there are always things going on in 714

we are going the 2nd week of Sept aswell ^_^

Comment

Third week of September, here.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                  Working...
                                  X