• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats your Favorite ride?

Whats your favorite ride and why????
    :crazylegs

Re: Whats your Favorite ride?

POTC - The smell of the water, the music, the pillaging. What's not to love?

Originally posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Originally posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

Comment

Yo Ho, Yo Ho, a Pirate's Life for Me ! I grew up far away from Disneyland, and remember watching the Wonderful World of Color on Sunday nights, always hoping it would be an episode where Walt would feature the park. Of all those episodes, the one that stuck with me the most was the one featuring Pirates of the Caribbean. I finally got to visit DL when I was an adult, and once I was inside the gate I couldn't resist going straight to the Pirates...it was everything and more than I had hoped it might be. It's the perfect mix of everything Disney does best. The Haunted Mansion is a close second, but the Pirates will always be my favorite.
      Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. -Groucho Marx

Comment

Wait, favorite ride at DL or DCA?

Comment

Pirates, for me too.

My first trip to DL was in 1967, just after it opened and after Walt passed away. In fact, we went then because my parents figured that without Walt there to run things, they might close the Park down!

Anyway, I still remember the POTC ride most of all, so it has always held a special place in my heart. It's usually the first ride that we go on and most likely, the last ride that we take before heading home.

Good topic, Crazy Legs!

Thanks!

Comment

Wow lots of Pirates here
            :crazylegs

Comment

Jeeze this is tough. It's a toss-up between Pirates and HM, but I guess if I had a gun pointed at my head and were told to choose one I'd say Pirates as well. Just something about the slow moving indoor boat ride with caboodles of AA, and the Blue Bayou.

Comment

It's a toss up for Pirates and HM for me too, but HM wins just slightly because I love the music a teeny weeny bit more!

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Legs
                  Wow lots of Pirates here
                  Argh!!!! :captain:

Originally posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
                  Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Originally posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
                  Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

Comment

I'm going to first have to say POTC too. Loved it since I was a little boy.

But, I have to lean also to HM since it was the first ride I went on with my oldest daughter when she was 3, so it holds a special place (and the music is cool too)

Then again, Space and Star Tours have special memories too.

Damn you Crazy Legs, I hate you for this (I mean this in a nice way though)!!!!!!!!! So many reasons to like an attraction and each has it's own theme so it's kind of like comparing apples to oranges. OK, now I'm fuming, I'm so confused....

(clears head, calms down, learns to appreciate what Crazy Legs is asking)
                    I'll have to go with my first answer, POTC. I can't get enough of it, ride it as many times as the wife will allow when we go, enjoy having Yo-Ho Yo-Ho trapped in my head all day. Yes, I have to go with POTC, and that's my final answer.
                    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

Comment

Big Thunder - Goat.
                      I find it hard
                      It's hard to find
                      Oh well, whatever, nevermind

Comment

I have to buck the trend and say it is Big Thunder Mountain RR. It always makes me smile. I always have to do it a second time.
                        Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

Comment

Originally posted by JiminyCricketFan
                          I have to buck the trend and say it is Big Thunder Mountain RR. It always makes me smile. I always have to do it a second time.
                          I have to go with BTMRR also.I do it about 3 to 4 times every day when I am there.
                          THIS SPACE FOR SALE OR LEASE

PRESIDENT OF THE DISNEYLAND LOOP LOVERS ASSOCIATION

Comment

Hell G'yea, 3 Big Thunders in a row!! Another reason why I HEART BTMRR is we were born 7 days apart.

Big Thunder 9/19/79
                            Lightbeer 9/26/79
                            I find it hard
                            It's hard to find
                            Oh well, whatever, nevermind

Comment

POTC with IASW a very close second! Love the music with both of them, but the smell of the water gives POTC the nod here.
                              sigpic

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X