Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what's on your non-attraction wishlist for DLR?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: what's on your non-attraction wishlist for DLR?

Another parking structure on the same level, if not greater, than Mickey and Friends.

Comment

Originally posted by calsig31:1056807774
      LAND SPECIFIC MERCHANDISE!!!!!

please
      Ditto
      And I agree with the specialty shops and merchandise. Not "Disney Parks" merch.
      sigpic

Comment

The ability to walk through the west side of the park at night, without being swamped by the overwhelming sea of people that infest that area now. Also, Fantasyland at night, without having to be shutdown for the fireworks.
        http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
        http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ip-report.html
        http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...something.html

No matter where you go, there you are.

Comment

Tahitian Terrace

Micenation

Comment

Originally posted by sbk1234 View Post
            The ability to walk through the west side of the park at night, without being swamped by the overwhelming sea of people that infest that area now. Also, Fantasyland at night, without having to be shutdown for the fireworks.
            Go in January I know they Usually don't have Fantasmic then...
            Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

Virtual lines... instead of having to stand in line, "check in" at the attraction with your pass or ticket, and the computer remembers the order in which guests checked in. Then do whatever you want until your number and appointment time comes up, then when it does you go in. No more standing in line to prove who was there first. And you could have it send you a text when your appointment is 5 minutes away.

Exit-only gate at Critter Country, with a speed ramp to the M & F parking structure.

As mentioned in this thread, land-specific and even attraction-specific merchandise that can be found at that one shop and nowhere else.

Haunted Mansion themed restaurant with dishes like Heart Attack on a Plate, Sam & Ella Burger and so forth. Servers are desultory goth teens who sneer at you and express disgust at your menu choices. You discover a gummi spider in your salad. Beverages served in urns. Death certificate available with photo of you in a morgue or casket, listing your date of death, cause of death, etc.

Jetsons-style restaurant in Tomorrowland where you program your meal on a keypad and it comes out on a conveyor belt. They should have kept Mission to Mars and turned it into a pizza restaurant, where you order your pizza at Mission Control, with the toppings announced by the animatronics, then you eat your pizza in the flight simulator with the flight movie playing on the screens above and below you.

Comment

New Orleans Square used to have the One of a Kind Shop and it was a wonderful place to find unique, beautiful items.

I would love to see the return of the bookstore on DTD.

The specialty shops at the Disneyland Hotel are sorely missed, too. DTD didn't quite capture the essense of shops like Ruggles, etc. I really like DTD, but there was something about the 1960's feel of the old Hotel!
                sigpic
                Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

Comment

A fountain in the Esplanade!!

And I second the Tahitian Terrace.

Comment

Table service resturants, area specific merch and shops, new original attractions for frontierland and tomorrowland
                    BGood! It's not just my motto its my name!

Comment

Originally posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
                      An Original attraction or tow would be nice
                      The point of this thread as referenced in the title and the original post is not to talk about what attractions you do/don't want - there are lots of other threads where that can be discussed.

Originally posted by Princess Victoria View Post
                      Unique shopping experiences and specialty restaurants are at the top of my list.

Disneyland used to be full of shops that carried themed merchandise that was unique to that part of the park. Now, they carry mostly the same stuff. Bring in some model rockets, star maps, and planetariums to Tomorrowland. Sell Victorian decorations on Main Street. Offer neat cowboys and Indians merchandise in Frontierland (come on... who doesn't love those plastic bows with the suction cup arrows?). Let's see some draw-your-own cartoon kits in ToonTown. I'd also really like to see Disney come up with a unique, non-Disney character line of action figures for each land. It would consist of spacemen, aliens, and robots for Tomorrowland, Victorian people on Main Street, cowboys, Indians, and miners in Frontierland, and safari explorers in Adventureland. I know I'd buy 'em. The word souvenir should mean so much more than a plush or a cheap plastic figurine of Pluto.
                      Definitely! I haven't been to the parks since the "One Disney" thing started, so my limited memories of the shopping experience in DL are of the more varied, unique merch. Although I love shopping and Disney stuff and I'm sure I'll find plenty to love when I'm there in a few days (!!) it would be nice to also see very special and unique things, stuff that if you bought it and took it home you could look at it years later and still know, "Oh yeah! I bought that at such and such a store in Frontierland!" Rather than a Mickey plush that you can't remember where you bought it out of the seven stores you were in that all had the same one. Unique merch is another link that ties you to the memories of your trip!

Originally posted by ILVDL View Post
                      As well as adding more dining options, I really would like to see another night time parade.
                      This!! I'd be happy with just getting back the Main Street Electrical Parade - ON Main Street!!

Originally posted by awndrayuhh View Post
                      I know, I know, you said not entertainment, but I would really like to see a festival of the floating lanterns like in Tangled.
                      Sorry if I wasn't clear enough there, in this thread entertainment is fine!! Stuff like parades, shows, etc are totally cool - think parades, Aladdin, etc. Anything that has a set schedule of showtimes is A-okay in this thread!

I love the idea of that in theory, but I'm sure environmentally it would not work out to do that night after night - so much litter!
                      ..:: DLR Trips: 1994, 1999, 2012 ::..

Comment

Here's my list:
                        1. Original Tommy's in Downtown Disney and/or DCA. . . it would be nice to take care of my Tommy's fix without having to drive all the way to La Habra(depressing drive, anyways, even in daytime).
                        2. Formulate a sugar free version of the mint julep in NOS restaurants. I used to enjoy a mint julep whenever I had a Monte Cristo, but ever since I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, that is one thing I do miss about the park.
                        3. Sell a larger selection of sugar free candies and fudge. See #2.
                        4. Put a juice and smoothie bar in Adventureland. Have a few juices(orange, pineapple, and maybe a couple more), along with some fruits that are available year round, and have other selections available for limited time. Theme the bar to a world explorer.
                        5. Grilled cheese truck in DCA.
                        6. Bob's Big Boy in Downtown Disney.

You will notice all my suggestions have something to do with food. . . when I visit Disneyland, I normally go for 3 reasons: go on rides, meet up with friends and/or family, and eat.
                        ​Pinkamena Diane Pie, is that you?

Comment

Somehow open up the second story for seating in Main Street, NOS (for everyone, not just Club 33), Adventureland, and Tomorrowland. If not complete restaurants, just some tables and chairs. There are incredible views there, and it would enhance the atmosphere for everyone, even those on the ground level.
                          http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ip-report.html
                          http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...something.html

No matter where you go, there you are.

Comment

Originally posted by kayleigh83 View Post
                            Besides wishes for certain attractions to kick the bucket, or for new ones to come in, what do you wish you could see happen in the parks?
                            I wish Disney would invest some of their huge profits in better employee training and pay.
                            "Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
                            it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
                            together with every variety of recreation and fun,
                            designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
                            - Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
                            - Bob Chapek

Comment

A return of the Neon Cactus. That was a nice place for a drink and food.
                              A campground for RVs and tents.
                              I am old. But still love Disneyland.

Comment

Marvel walkaround characters.
                                "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

Comment

For me.... I would love more live music in the evenings.

I hope that something finally happens at the Alladin Oasis.

Some areas of the parks have too many stores that sell the same things. Teh two areas that could be decreases, to me, are the Bazzarr outside the Jungle Cruise/ Indy and the area at the end of Critter Country where it seems to be a strip mall of stores.

My ultimate wish would be to reduce the stores at the end of Critter Country are re-introduce the ones... the only..... the Country Bears.

It would addd another attraction to Critter Coutnry where I think they really need one more.
                                  sigpicDisney Road

Comment

Can I say take out the It's A Small World Toy Shop?

It's sorta awkwardly placed right in front of the IASW facade so that it simultaneously blocks the view of the entire thing from a distance, while also being in the middle of the thoroughfare to Toontown.

Dunno what happened there.

Comment

Originally posted by Son Gohan View Post
                                      Here's my list:
                                      1. Original Tommy's in Downtown Disney and/or DCA. . . it would be nice to take care of my Tommy's fix without having to drive all the way to La Habra(depressing drive, anyways, even in daytime).
                                      2. Formulate a sugar free version of the mint julep in NOS restaurants. I used to enjoy a mint julep whenever I had a Monte Cristo, but ever since I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, that is one thing I do miss about the park.
                                      3. Sell a larger selection of sugar free candies and fudge. See #2.
                                      4. Put a juice and smoothie bar in Adventureland. Have a few juices(orange, pineapple, and maybe a couple more), along with some fruits that are available year round, and have other selections available for limited time. Theme the bar to a world explorer.
                                      5. Grilled cheese truck in DCA.
                                      6. Bob's Big Boy in Downtown Disney.

You will notice all my suggestions have something to do with food. . . when I visit Disneyland, I normally go for 3 reasons: go on rides, meet up with friends and/or family, and eat.
                                      7. Cafe Du Monde in New Orleans Square just like the famed coffee stand in the original French Market.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                      Working...
                                      X