This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Fall refurbs?

Has anyone heard any recent talk/speculation about upcoming fall refurbishments? I am not patient and dislike waiting for Disneyland to update their schedule.

Re: Fall refurbs?

Outside of the normal holiday overlays I think I heard that Indy will be down Sept-at least November.

Comment

Originally posted by Quarar44 View Post
      Outside of the normal holiday overlays I think I heard that Indy will be down Sept-at least November.
      Noooo! Where did you hear this? I'm going Oct 12-13, and though I know odds are at least one E-ticket ride will be down, I'd hate to have it be Indy.

Comment

Indy needs to be down that ride hasn't had what you call a very good refurbs send it first came out. So If this rumor is ture I will so greatful of it going down for a long time. Infact that ride should be down for at less a year to fix it up right.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Hook View Post
          Indy needs to be down that ride hasn't had what you call a very good refurbs send it first came out. So If this rumor is ture I will so greatful of it going down for a long time. Infact that ride should be down for at less a year to fix it up right.
          All rides deserve a good refurb after awhile, but what could they possibly need to do to the ride that takes a year? They repainted the entire Matterhorn and redid the track in six months.

Comment

If I remeber I believe it took a year for Space Mt. to get refurbs for it to be reopen by 2005 for the 50th Anniversy of Disney. So for Indy I have hear that the tracks need to be redone, the cars themself, the AA'S alot of stuff. I have never been on the ride cause them kind of rides scare me but from what I have hear from people alot of work needs to be done on it. So a year would be right.

Comment

Rumors are just that, rumors. IJA might get a major overhaul in early 2013, but who knows?

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

-Walt Disney

Comment

If I remeber I believe it took a year for Space Mt. to get refurbs for it to be reopen by 2005 for the 50th Anniversy of Disney. So for Indy I have hear that the tracks need to be redone, the cars themself, the AA'S alot of stuff. I have never been on the ride cause them kind of rides scare me but from what I have hear from people alot of work needs to be done on it. So a year would be right.
                Wait...how can you be "grateful" for a ride going down for refurb and know it's in need of a refurb if you've never ridden it?

Comment

From stories that I have hear from people from here and at the park and other places. I had also hear when we had that big Earthquake a few years ago when they had restart it up with nobody on the ride to see if it was safe. I hear that one of the cars when flying off the tracks and smake into a wall. So if that happen just think what would happen if people where on it and it happen when the where riding it if there was no earthquake.

Comment

I see Indy getting the next refurb, but not a year. Also SM had not had a refrub since it opend back in the 80's. I had heard that the ride had gotten to the point that is was unsafe. Indy I think may only need some sprucing up and I hope they have it done by March for my birthday which seems fitting
                    Dave

Comment

If I remeber I believe it took a year for Space Mt. to get refurbs for it to be reopen by 2005 for the 50th Anniversy of Disney.
                      It took 2 years actually. It closed in April 2003 and reopened July 2005.

Comment

Space Mountain needed a multi-year refurb because the track needed to be replaced for safety reasons. They tore out the old track, dug the pit deeper, and rebuilt the track, so a multi-year refurb made sense.

Indy's track does not need to be rebuilt, and the jeeps certainly don't need to be replaced. The ride system at Indy functions just fine, as evidenced by the fact that it handles such huge crowds on a routine basis (and has for 17 years now). The ride system that breaks down frequently is no more in need of repair than, say, Winnie the Pooh's system, which breaks down just as frequently. Breakdowns at Indy are unfortunately a bit of a fact of life. The ride is timed, and if loading and unloading happens too slowly, the ride will break down. No amount of a track replacement or jeep replacement will fix that. Instead, Indy just needs some TLC on some of the effects and AA's. That's a 6-month refurb at best, but the maintenance teams could likely do it in less time.
                        *I am an employee of The Walt Disney Company*
                        *All words above are my own and do not represent TWDC, nor do I speak on their behalf*
                        *All words above conform to the Social Media policy distributed to employees; no confidential information is divulged*

Comment

I called the DLR 1-800 number a couple of days ago, for info on our trip in mid-September, and "planned" refurbs during that time include the Casey Jr Circus Train & the Storybook Land Canal Boats. No word on Indy, and that's the ride I'm most interested in. So nothing official on Indy, but just rumors.

I hope it stays open during that time. We haven't ridden it in four years, and it's our favorite ride.

Comment

Originally posted by Santoanderson View Post
                            I called the DLR 1-800 number a couple of days ago, for info on our trip in mid-September, and "planned" refurbs during that time include the Casey Jr Circus Train & the Storybook Land Canal Boats. No word on Indy, and that's the ride I'm most interested in. So nothing official on Indy, but just rumors.

I hope it stays open during that time. We haven't ridden it in four years, and it's our favorite ride.
                            We're going the last week and of course also interested in this. The point has been made that in low season, you can expect one E ticket to be down no matter what. Fair enough. I just wonder if a major overhaul like this would be announced and planned for differently than say, closing down Jungle Cruise for 3 days.

One would think a major rehab like this would be announced soon if it were in fact to happen in September or October. Right? Someone (Al?) also posted something about BTMRR also.

Some have said that travel agents sometimes get the info ahead of time...I presume the info would have made it here by now. I guess we wait and see.

Comment

@cakvalasc - Indy has gone down for a few hours seemingly every day since it opened. Like someone else said, it's just the nature of that ride, unfortunately.

@wltdzny - I'm interested in this, too. Does anyone know the history of how far in advance E-ticket refurbs are announced? Do they just wait until the website's calendar is available or do they generally make special announcements ahead of time?

---------- Post added 07-19-2012 at 06:04 PM ----------

Originally posted by Santoanderson View Post

What's the number you called? That's helpful they gave you refurb info before the calendar came up.

---------- Post added 07-19-2012 at 07:13 PM ----------

Comment

Originally posted by Quarar44 View Post
                                really..Nooo..thats the first ride i go on each trip..guess im headed to [peter Pan first for the next few months
                                My Art site
                                http://mediafan658.deviantart.com/

Comment

I also read that Fantasy Faire area will close so the princess meet and greets will be at the normal villains meet and greet spot. sounds like fantasyland will be getting lots of attention

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyFan28 View Post
                                    really..Nooo..thats the first ride i go on each trip..guess im headed to [peter Pan first for the next few months
                                    See: What I posted right before you.

Comment

EDITOR’S NOTE 7/19: The long delayed and much debated redesign for the outdoor track portion of Alice In Wonderland has finally been decided on. The multi-month rehab at Alice is now scheduled to begin September 4th, along with shorter rehabs starting that same day at Indy, Storybookland, and Casey Jr Circus Train. After shorter rehabs, Haunted Mansion and Space Mountain will open as their Halloween versions on Friday, September 14th. -Al Lutz
                                      Al says Indy will be down?
                                      Favorite Ride: Tower of Terror

Comment

Indy was out for a multi month refurb in early 2004. I wonder what they fixed at that refurb.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X