Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fantasmic! blanket placement

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Chat] Fantasmic! blanket placement

    I think that people should have to stay with their blankets and belongings at all times (at least one person from your party) and you shouldn't be able to just leave them there. In fact, you're not allowed to do this already but people break the rules.

    Last time I was there there was a blanket with a stroller in the very front row, next to me and another woman. It was ten minutes before the 9:00 showing, and the woman next to me had been camping for 4 hours and hadn't seen anyone touch the blankets. The Disneyland people got worried that it was a bomb in the stroller or something so they had everyone evacuate and so much time was wasted. When the people waltzed back to their spot, the Disneyland people talked to them and told them they aren't allowed to do that, but the people were allowed to stay.

    I guess that's fine as they may not have known, but it was annoying as we were all inconvenienced by having to move all our
    stuff.

    Seems like Disneyland should have someone standing by the Fantasmic! area during the day to help avoid this problem. If they see people putting down blankets and walking away, they could tell them the rule.

    Or even more simple, how about a few signs along the gate of the river that have instructions like this:
    Seating area for Fantasmic!
    If you would like to reserve your party's spot early,
    Please have one member of your party present
    at all times with your belongings
    All belongings left unattended will be removed
    before showtime.
    Thank you!

  • #2
    Re: Fantasmic! blanket placement

    Just curious, why did you start a new thread for this when there is another thread (that you started--THANK YOU, Greeneyes17!) on the same subject that you posted on just five minutes ago?
    Link: http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ic-crowds.html
    :ap::captain:

    Comment


    • #3
      I'll make this short. I find the whole reserving of seating hours before the show extremely annoying. I understand why people do it, but that doesn't make me like it any more. I had hope they would install a WOC like viewing system years ago but it.never happened so I assume it won't be happening.
      Until then I will continue my routine, showing up 10-15 mins before the last show time of the night and perching myself in the smoking area for a seat, a smoke, and a show.
      sigpic

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Fantasmic! blanket placement

        Well I'm of the camp that thinks that there should be no lining up until an hour before the show. Regardless of that though I totally agree with you that if you're gonna camp out that early you should be with your stuff and not leave it unattended. Or 'reserve/save' spots for people that are off riding rides/attractions.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Fantasmic! blanket placement

          It's a different subject that one is supposed to be about them creating a seating area.

          This is about the blankets and how we could avoid the problem of people leaving their stuff.

          ---------- Post added 07-18-2012 at 10:56 AM ----------

          Originally posted by Jayce View Post
          Well I'm of the camp that thinks that there should be no lining up until an hour before the show. Regardless of that though I totally agree with you that if you're gonna camp out that early you should be with your stuff and not leave it unattended. Or 'reserve/save' spots for people that are off riding rides/attractions.
          That would be fine with me too, don't get me wrong, but I just fear there would be a rush of people waiting to get in, plugging up the POTC area with throngs of people

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Fantasmic! blanket placement

            Originally posted by Jayce View Post
            Well I'm of the camp that thinks that there should be no lining up until an hour before the show. Regardless of that though I totally agree with you that if you're gonna camp out that early you should be with your stuff and not leave it unattended. Or 'reserve/save' spots for people that are off riding rides/attractions.
            Welcome to our camp, Jayce!

            Here are my deep thoughts from the other thread that I posted on about 15 minutes ago:

            I think that there should be time & space limits for blankets. Many of them take up too much room for too long a time.

            How about signs & an enforced policy that
            no blankets or towels may be laid out until one hour before show time.
            Guests may mill about till one hour before, but should be encouraged (politely at first, then with cattle prods) to stand near the rails so they allow people to pass by more easily.

            And I agree that unattended blankets should not be allowed.
            Last edited by jcruise86; 07-18-2012, 05:34 PM. Reason: typo correction

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Fantasmic! blanket placement

              Here's my thought on this and I've mentioned it in a couple of other threads. if people want to waste hours of their precious Disneyland time waiting for Fantasmic, that's fine. Less people in line when I want ride stuff. If they want to lay out a blanket to save room for the other party members, that is fine too. Every person who walks in the gate has an equal opportunity to do just that.

              What I have a problem with is some scuzzbag that doesn't relinquish any extra unneeded space that they may be taking up when the rest of their party arrives.
              "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Fantasmic! blanket placement

                F! needs FP.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Fantasmic! blanket placement

                  no blankets and no large space-saving objects, period

                  unattended blankets should be quickly gathered up and sent to the trash (not the lost & found IMO since they didn't lose it, they left it on the ground like trash)

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Fantasmic! blanket placement

                    Do away with the blankets, and people would have to stay there to keep their spots.
                    sigpic

                    This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Fantasmic! blanket placement

                      I would never get in line for a ride and then just before I got on the ride have the rest of my party push their way through the line to to spots I "saved" for them in line. I think most of us would agree that is wrong.

                      How is that different than 1 person throwing down a blanket and saving spots for 5 other people?
                      Jeff made me famous!
                      From the Mouth of the Mouse.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Fantasmic! blanket placement

                        i don't think they should allow anyone to camp out for more than an hour and i agree that they maybe could have a CM letting people know that.
                        If people do leave things like that then maybe they should be collected and sent to lost and found.


                        These camping out situations is the reason that i think that maybe they should start considering using fastpass for Fantasmic. The whole bottom tier could be considered a fastpass zone and any other section is a first come first serve area.

                        DOing this would leave the main walkway open until it is ready to be roped off and guests allowed to enter the bottom water level area with their fastpass

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Fantasmic! blanket placement

                          If they used fastpass I think it would make sense to use the BTMRR fastpass machines like how Grizzly and WOC share the same area for fastpass.



                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Fantasmic! blanket placement

                            Originally posted by Garrett240 View Post
                            I would never get in line for a ride and then just before I got on the ride have the rest of my party push their way through the line to to spots I "saved" for them in line. I think most of us would agree that is wrong.

                            How is that different than 1 person throwing down a blanket and saving spots for 5 other people?
                            I agree. It's one thing if a group gets there and then one or two have to go off for the washroom, or grab some food to bring back, or something like that. But it doesn't seem fair that one person sits there for hours taking up enough space for 5 people while everyone else is off on rides or something.
                            ..:: DLR Trips: 1994, 1999, 2012 ::..

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Fantasmic! blanket placement

                              The problem with FastPass would be figuring out the logistics of staging people prior to the time of loading the sections. You can't just tell people to start show up at 8p expecting them to follow that. They won't. Instead, they would start lurking about the roped off sections waiting for them to open up, thereby choking the walkways all around NOS. The only feasible place to do this would be in or around Big Thunder Ranch. Then you would have to heard the masses into the sections which would be a massive headache. You will never be able to discourage those sad, strange people who camp out four or more hours for that 9p show. They will always look for a way to ensure they are the first to settle into their spot.

                              Comment


                              • #16
                                Re: Fantasmic! blanket placement

                                I like camping out for Fantasmic. I do it about once every one or two months and I'll camp out 2-3 hours before the show. We look at it like a picnic and time to relax. We usually grab dinner and put our blanket down and sit and relax and talk and eat. It's worth the time for us because we love the show so much and we often make friends with the people around us too! We are certainly not sad strange people! The best part is when we bring friends or realitives to the park that have never seen Fantasmic!. The look on their faces when they look straight up at Peter Pan flying through the rigging is worth every minute of camping out for them while they go on rides. If we hadn't camped out for them they would'nt have gotten that experience.

                                Comment


                                • #17
                                  Re: Fantasmic! blanket placement

                                  Originally posted by frollofan View Post
                                  If they used fastpass I think it would make sense to use the BTMRR fastpass machines like how Grizzly and WOC share the same area for fastpass.
                                  or the best thing would be to use the Haunted Mansion machines since those machines are only used during the halloween season

                                  ---------- Post added 07-18-2012 at 04:23 PM ----------

                                  Originally posted by WickedScorp View Post
                                  The problem with FastPass would be figuring out the logistics of staging people prior to the time of loading the sections. You can't just tell people to start show up at 8p expecting them to follow that. They won't. Instead, they would start lurking about the roped off sections waiting for them to open up, thereby choking the walkways all around NOS. The only feasible place to do this would be in or around Big Thunder Ranch. Then you would have to heard the masses into the sections which would be a massive headache. You will never be able to discourage those sad, strange people who camp out four or more hours for that 9p show. They will always look for a way to ensure they are the first to settle into their spot.
                                  i don't think there needs to be any kind of holding pattern for fastpass people, unlike WOC the area is spread out all around the rivers of America and even guests without the fast pass can get decent viewing opportunites at the second level viewing tier areas and around the rest of New orleans. The reasoning for the holding patterns in WOC i think is mostly caused by the fact that the viewing area is smaller and it is also divided into sections.

                                  Also the reasoning for the holding patterns for WOC is pretty much because of the multiple shows that are done one after the other. In order to keep guests from congregating from one show to the other they created holding patterns away from the show.
                                  They do that already between one show of Fantasmic and the other. In this case the second show of Fantasmic could be a no fastpass show. since there really would not be people camping out after the first show ended

                                  The fatspass area could be consolidated to the first level of the viewing tiers along the rivers edge from Pirates to Haunted Mansion and be a first come first serve. all other areas would be open to non fastpass people.

                                  All they have to do is have the area blocked off an 1hr to 1 1/5 hr prior to show time and then just allow guests that are arriving with tickets to go in any time within that period no set time. There are already dozens of cast members there at that time that do not allow people to stop and must keep walking and the areas in question could be easily blocked off without affecting foot traffic and pathways.

                                  The main purpose would be to not allow guests to camp out all day and leave unattended packages.

                                  Comment


                                  • #18
                                    Re: Fantasmic! blanket placement

                                    Originally posted by greeeneyes17 View Post
                                    I think that people should have to stay with their blankets and belongings at all times (at least one person from your party) and you shouldn't be able to just leave them there. In fact, you're not allowed to do this already but people break the rules.

                                    Last time I was there there was a blanket with a stroller in the very front row, next to me and another woman. It was ten minutes before the 9:00 showing, and the woman next to me had been camping for 4 hours and hadn't seen anyone touch the blankets. The Disneyland people got worried that it was a bomb in the stroller or something so they had everyone evacuate and so much time was wasted. When the people waltzed back to their spot, the Disneyland people talked to them and told them they aren't allowed to do that, but the people were allowed to stay.

                                    I guess that's fine as they may not have known, but it was annoying as we were all inconvenienced by having to move all our
                                    stuff.

                                    Seems like Disneyland should have someone standing by the Fantasmic! area during the day to help avoid this problem. If they see people putting down blankets and walking away, they could tell them the rule.

                                    Or even more simple, how about a few signs along the gate of the river that have instructions like this:
                                    Seating area for Fantasmic!
                                    If you would like to reserve your party's spot early,
                                    Please have one member of your party present
                                    at all times with your belongings
                                    All belongings left unattended will be removed
                                    before showtime.
                                    Thank you!
                                    i totally agree thats stupid that people can leave their crap while others wait. then they get pissed when theyre stuff goes missing and blame disney. i agree that at least one member of the party should be there at all times
                                    sigpic

                                    This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

                                    "You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

                                    Comment


                                    • #19
                                      Re: Fantasmic! blanket placement

                                      In reply to a bunch of the replies about not wanting to allow people to camp out for spots, here's my thing.

                                      If you show up to a concert, you're not gonna just get there 10 mintues before and expect to get good seats, are you? No, you would get there a lot before and camp your seats.

                                      I agree with one person waiting with your stuff because it is fair to me. That one person has to stay off all the rides, be by themselves possibly, and sit there for hours.

                                      Last time on our trip to DL this past June, my boyfriend and I had a wonderful experience camping out for Fantasmic. We put our blankets down two hours before, and sat there the whole time. I got up at one point to get us churros, then another time around 8:00 to get gumbo.

                                      Perfect, it was 9:00, we were nice and full, and it is SO relaxing just sitting there.

                                      No, we weren't camping for anyone but ourselves, but I don't think we should prohibit people from having a relaxing time like this of their own.

                                      Comment


                                      • #20
                                        Re: Fantasmic! blanket placement

                                        "Camping out" is so unfair to people who aren't APers and don't know all the tricks.
                                        sigpic

                                        This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

                                        Comment

                                        Get Away Today Footer

                                        Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X