Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Chat] Why is The Lion King not recognized?

When I was little, I LOVED the Lion King Celebration parade.
    Of course, it was right after the movie came out so it's expected that the parade wouldn't exist anymore.

But seriously, I'm sure a lot of you will agree that The Lion King is really one of Disney's top productions in terms of music, storyline, character development, artwork, everything.

Oscars for best music, original score, best original song
    Golden Globe best motion picture, best song, best original song, best score,

...there is more that I haven't listed.

Anyhow,
    for such a great movie, it has such low representation in the park!
    The only things I can name that it is shown in is

Animation Academy (you can sing with Simba and Timon and Pumbaa)
    World of Color (tearjerker scene)

...that's is? I think it might be in Soudsational or Celebrate Street Party parade but I can't remember.

I don't know if a dark ride is the answer, or some kind of show, some exhibit, something!

Provide your ideas here for how this amazing movie could be incorporated into the park

For those of you upset about non-original rides, go to another thread, this one's for the Lion King

Re: Why is The Lion King not recognized?

I think they'd rather focus on current movie promotions than older ones. I'm not hating on them because this is just how business works.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

Comment

Originally posted by Disneytwins View Post
      I think they'd rather focus on current movie promotions than older ones. I'm not hating on them because this is just how business works.
      true, but it's sad that some stuff that is old gets a permanent place in the park

(snow white, pinnochio, peter pan, alice, buzz lightyear)

But such a classic did not get its time

Comment

A version of the broadway musical in the theater would be great
        BGood! It's not just my motto its my name!

Comment

I believe they still have Timon and Rafiki do meet and greets in Adventureland and at Goofy's Kitchen (been a while though, I may be wrong). And it had a massive float in the Parade of Dreams
          Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
          July 13th-18th
          November 19th-25th

Comment

iF THEY HAD ROOM IT WOULD FIT WELL IN aDVENTURELAND
            Dave

Comment

yeah, the problem is space, oh, I just remembered, they were added to Small World!!!, but yeah, there is no room in Adventureland, because I'd also love to see and Aladdin ride
              Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
              July 13th-18th
              November 19th-25th

Comment

We still have 3 classic's that need rides to live forever in the parks...Aladdin, Beauty and the Beast and Lion King....fact is we need a third park to fit them through....that's why I'm against an ALL Marvel park because there are still tons of undone idea's that are more deserving and needed for the parks over a Super Hero no one has heard of
                Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
                  We still have 3 classic's that need rides to live forever in the parks...Aladdin, Beauty and the Beast and Lion King....fact is we need a third park to fit them through....that's why I'm against an ALL Marvel park because there are still tons of undone idea's that are more deserving and needed for the parks over a Super Hero no one has heard of
                  Amen

Comment

I think it's that the only place where the Lion King would fit would be Adventureland, and with Indiana Jones already in place in 1994 once the Lion King had proved itself a hit, Adventureland was already maxed out in space. Maybe if they had a crystal ball things would have worked differently.

Comment

It's very true that this movie has gone unrecognized. Everything that has Lion King on it turns to gold. The parade lasted 4 years and was so popular they made videos of it to sell, the 3D was huge, etc. That being said though, Adventureland is where it would go and there's just no room. I don't think it has to do with it being an older film.

Comment

Being one of the largest Disney movies ever, I'm also surprised it hasn't received enough attention. Like you, I adored the Lion King Celebration Parade and I'm wishing upon a star that it will come back one day in its glorious form.

Comment

If Disney had thought ahead before building Downtown Disney they would have expanded that part of the park out a little giving room for some addtional attractions in Adventureland
                          Dave

Comment

one thing to remember is while it hasn't gotten much love in DLR, it has a huge amount of love on DAK
                            Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
                            July 13th-18th
                            November 19th-25th

Comment

But it would have made a great addtion to DL and Adventureland
                              Dave

Comment

I agree that there should be no marvel theme land because there are so many more disney icons that need to be represented. I would much rather them do a Lion King parade again as opposed to a dark ride.

Comment

Umm, I thought it was represented in the parks. Actually it is represented in two parks.

Festival of the Lion King is at Animal Kingdom in Camp Minnie Mickey.

Circle of Life: An Environmental Fable is in the Land at Epcot.

Also Legend of the Lion King used to be in Magic Kingdom's Fantasyland where PhilarMagic is now.

Comment

Animation Academy Courtyard and Ursula's Grotto
                                    Mickey's Soundsational Parade
                                    World of Color
                                    It's a Small World
                                    Character Meet and Greets with Timon and Rafiki

And just because it hasn't a big appearance at Disneyland in Anaheim doesn't mean it isn't at the other parks as well.

Walt Disney World:
                                    Festival of the Lion King
                                    Mickey's Jammin' Jungle Parade
                                    Camp Minnie-Mickey Greeting Trails
                                    Mickey's Philharmagic
                                    Circle of Life: An Environmental Fable
                                    Fantasmic!

Disneyland Paris:
                                    Disney Magic on Parade

Hong Kong Disneyland:
                                    Festival of the Lion King
                                    Flights of Fantasy Parade
                                    It's a Small World

Tokyo Disneyland:
                                    Jubilation! Parade
                                    Fantasmic!
                                    Mickey's Philharmagic

That is all that I can find right now to my knowledge
                                    Last edited by Kritter; 07-18-2012, 05:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Disneytwins View Post
                                      Not necessarily though - they opened a Little Mermaid attraction last year, and that movie is several years older than the Lion King!

I agree that The Lion King would fit well into Adventureland, but sadly not much room to work with!

Originally posted by WDW1971 View Post
                                      Umm, I thought it was represented in the parks. Actually it is represented in two parks.

Festival of the Lion King is at Animal Kingdom in Camp Minnie Mickey.

Circle of Life: An Environmental Fable is in the Land at Epcot.

Also Legend of the Lion King used to be in Magic Kingdom's Fantasyland where PhilarMagic is now.
                                      This is a Disneyland Resort forum. None of the parks you are talking about are at the Disneyland Resort.
                                      ..:: DLR Trips: 1994, 1999, 2012 ::..

Comment

Maybe they can have a Lion King Musical to replace the PFF in the back of the park.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X