X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Another Possible Ticket Price Hike?

Originally posted by mickeyfan42 View Post
    yep, like why not have each store (apart from maybe Elias and Co, Emporium, and World of Disney) to have store specific merchandise, and then have a few things that pop up in each store in 1 land. Then have Emporium and Elias and Co respectively have the most popular things from the parks, as well as "Park" items (like DCA shirts, DL shirts, etc). Then in World of Disney, have the park and resort merch, atenna balls, etc. If they had unique things in each of the stores (this includes the pin trading stations) they would see more $$ coming in.

That's the kind of common sense thinking that would serve Disney well. You have my vote to replace the obviously faulty merchandise management they currently employ. One common sense employee is worth dozens of clueless ones.

Comment

Originally posted by bfdf55 View Post
      That's the kind of common sense thinking that would serve Disney well. You have my vote to replace the obviously faulty merchandise management they currently employ. One common sense employee is worth dozens of clueless ones.
      Unfortunately, merchandising management is just following the One Disney and Disney Parks philosophy championed by Jay, Tom and Bob. What you see today is a continuation of the same-stuff-in-every-store model that Paul brought in, to which Michael gave the CEO stamp of approval. It essentially hasn't changed since then -- and won't change as long as those guys are in charge. Disney jamming cheap, generic merch at obscene markups into every store isn't the result of departmental screwups, but of the corporate fish stinking from the head.
      "Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
      it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
      together with every variety of recreation and fun,
      designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
      - Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
      - Bob Chapek

Comment

I'd just like to note the first thread listed under "Similar Threads" at the bottom of the page. Everybody see that? Good. Carry on.
        Disneyland Historic Preservation Society
        Charter Member

Comment

I think it is too early for TDA to decide to raise prices. There is still the newness of Cars Land and that will die down.

If more people now are buying tickets/hoppers than APs they are probably just going to check out Cars Land without any regard of returning anytime soon. I know many people that don't have an AP any more after the price hike and are thinking of just getting a ticket once summer is over to see the new DCA.

People are coming now but how many of them will be going once summer is over? Plus crowds seem littler this summer compared to last year, I know one land cannot be sucking up the crowds.

Comment

Raising ticket prices won't raise admission revenue for the company in a one-to-one manner.
            Only one solution to make that happen.

Comment

Originally posted by explodingboy View Post
              Discuss.
              Oh... here we go again.
              People are still black and blue from the 10,000 threads from the real

Comment

Jazz - you should actually do a bit of research into David k before being so dismissive. Maybe even buy some of his books , you'd probably enjoy them
                Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
                Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Originally posted by sleepyjeff
                Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

Comment

There will likely be another price increase, just not now. In six months to a year is most likely situation. The only way they will drop the prices is IF there is a significant drop in ticket sales. And Disneyland currently(to my knowledge) is the 2nd most visited theme park in the world, then I doubt it will happen soon.

Comment

Its strange that after reading that attendance is flat that ticket prices would go up. If you raise ticket prices and attendance doesn't increase only flattens that is a sign that soon attendance could decrease.

Comment

Originally posted by BasilofBakerStreet View Post
                      Its strange that after reading that attendance is flat that ticket prices would go up. If you raise ticket prices and attendance doesn't increase only flattens that is a sign that soon attendance could decrease.
                      From broadcast rate cards to sporting events, price hikes result in a short term flattening of sales, if not a drop. If the product continues to be in demand, sooner or later sales rise -- the greater the product's popularity, the sooner the rise.

I compare Disney's admission price hikes to broadcast rate card hikes: you do it to raise revenue in the longterm, with the additional benefits that it clears out your commercial clutter and moves the bell curve of your clients' airtime budgets to the right. If your product is in demand, eventually you'll be cluttered again and it'll be time for another hike. For the DLR, commercial clutter = number of visitors and airtime budgets = visitors' disposable income.

All of this, of course, assumes continued demand for your product.
                      "Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
                      it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
                      together with every variety of recreation and fun,
                      designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
                      - Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
                      - Bob Chapek

Comment

To be honest......next summer might almost be the best time to go to the parks....

I mean by then Carsland will still be big...but wont be bringing as many people....and AP's cost soooo Much there will be less higher AP's and the lower AP's are blocked

And if tickets go up again....I think the parks next summer will have almost no lines on many attractions all day long...I mean not like next summer anything big is coming to the parks...at best they'll give us a new show in the Fantasyland theater and the Electrical Parade which I don't think draw people in for the price of admission
                        Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

I would like to start a pool to guess the month that Disney Premium Annual Pass will hit $1000 per year (plus or minus $50). My guess is May of 2017. Anybody on micechat care to venture a guess ?

Post your guesses and then once it happens we can come back here (provided MC is still around) and see who was right!
                          --
                          http://www.bewaterwise.com

Comment

The demand for this park is much higher than Walt could have imagined. CA's population in 1955 was 13,004,000. It's now 37,700,000. Yes, the park has grown significantly as well, but interstate highways, commercial air travel, the increase in standard of living versus cost of living--it's a lot easier and cheaper than ever before to GET to Disneyland from anywhere.

Now you have the problem of 1 million passholders who attend 5, 20, 50, 100, 200+ days a year.

It's a nice problem to have, but if prices went back down to the below $50 level and APs followed suit, Disneyland would reach capacity every single day.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X