Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I was totally wrong about "Maters Junkyard Jamboree"!!!

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I was totally wrong about "Maters Junkyard Jamboree"!!!

Originally posted by 4th Gen Disney Fan View Post
    I didn't realize that I had defended poor decisions at all. I merely stated that The Walt Disney Company is still in existence FIFTY years after its founder died. It is now the largest media conglomerate ever in existence and its global empire is generating more money than God. I guess I just assumed that it was common knowledge. I'll be sure to bring more facts with me to the table next time.
    Just because a company makes money currently does not mean it is functioning at its best ability, revolutionizing the industry, or making great decisions for long-term success. Would you have guessed GM would have gone bankrupt 5 years before it happened? I don't think so.

---------- Post added 07-23-2012 at 05:33 PM ----------

Originally posted by 4th Gen Disney Fan View Post
    You still haven't answered my question though: If you disagree with the way things are as strongly as you say, WHY DO YOU KEEP SUPPORTING IT WITH YOUR DOLLARS? By doing that you are in fact telling Disney that you agree with them.
    Ultimately, what would giving up my AP do? Absolutely nothing, I would rather visit the things I still appreciate while their around than deprive myself of it. In the end, it is up to Disney to make great decisions and prevent themselves from going bankrupt in the future. Attractions like Pirates and Haunted Mansion are not going to last forever, when that day comes the park will lose interest and it will happen unexpectedly.
    Last edited by Seawolf; 07-23-2012, 05:36 PM.

Comment

deleted
      Last edited by christianAdam; 07-24-2012, 03:40 PM. Reason: deleting post
      "If you were thinking, you wouldn't have thought that"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Seawolf View Post

Ultimately, what would giving up my AP do? Absolutely nothing, I would rather visit the things I still appreciate while their around than deprive myself of it.
        So instead of speaking with your wallet, you come on to a Disney fan forum and bash a product you support with your dollars, derailing a positive thread. I hate to break it to you, but you're part of the very problem you're complaining about.

In the end, it is up to Disney to make great decisions and prevent themselves from going bankrupt in the future. Attractions like Pirates and Haunted Mansion are not going to last forever, when that day comes the park will lose interest and it will happen unexpectedly.
        Maybe YOU will lose interest in the park, but that doesn't mean everyone will. That seems to be a problem some people have - confusing the fact that what THEY wan't isn't necessarily what everyone wants.

Comment

So getting back on topic, I want to affirm the OP's discovery that MJJ is a really fun ride for both kids and adults. It's one of those rides where the experience is actually very different than seeing it on video. For example, on video it looks really slow, but when you're on it and whipping around that corner, it feels really fast. Theming is great even if you haven't seen the movie, because what looks like junk is actually very carefully chosen and placed around the queue, so taking some time to really look around is going to give you one of those classic DLR experiences of seeing something new every time you wait. I give MJJ a huge thumbs up and I do hope everyone gives it a chance.

Or not, so the line is shorter for me .

Comment

I like caramel sauce.

Comment

I love the ride as well it's executed to me perfectly. They nailed the spirit of that lovable charactor mater and managed to make a fun attraction out of it.
              These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

DL 55th BDAY trip report
              My company had a special night at the park
              WdW trip report with WWoHP
              NYE 2011 trip report
              Mice Chat 7th anniversary
              Leap year 24 hour report
              New DCA trip report
              NYE 2012
              HKDL trip report

Comment

Originally posted by sir clinksalot View Post
                I wouldn't wait an hour for most attractions. Waited about that for RSR yesterday, won't do it again.

But to answer your question, I'd wait 30 minutes for Maters.
                An hour for RSR seems fair to me, especially this season. It's definitely a fun attraction and I've waited in longer for less. I'd never get in the Standby line unless the park just opened and I'm doing Magic Mornings. 30 for Maters is pushing it for me. I think 25 is my limit for this ride.

Comment

my apologies for letting my frustration get the best of me...and my apologies for anyone who I may have offended.

Like I said before, I love the ride as does my daughter. We have a blast, she LOVES Mater and her eyes lighting up while going through the line was awesome. I also didn't know what what to expect from the ride but was pleasantly surprised as to how much giggling was going on by my daughter and myself.
                  Last edited by penguinsoda; 07-23-2012, 08:36 PM. Reason: Site rule violation

sigpic

Comment

I just liked the ride. The queue was adorable, the tractors were funny and the music was awesome. I was impressed and fascinated with the way the tractors switched from one rotating table to the other. I was, however, disappointed with the whipping motion because it made the ride way too tame for me. I really wanted to feel that rush of whipping all the way around or at least whipping much further around. Just as the whipping motion started to pick up speed the breaks are put on and the car slows and then starts to whip the other direction. I guess I wanted it to be more like a scrambler with that fast whip that pushes you into the back of your seat and it wasn't so I was disappointed. Maybe if I ride it a few more times I will be able to enjoy it more. Also so you know, I'm not much for thrill rides - Tower of Terror is way too scarey for me and Screamin' is pretty much right at my threshold of tolerability. So when I say Mater's Junkyard Jamboree is tame, it's tame.

Comment

Hey, folks!

Lots of personal asides are creeping into this thread. Please do you best to discuss the topic of the thread, and not your impression of the other posters, themselves. Every opinion is welcome here, and if you find the thoughts of another member incomprehensible, take a step back, compose your thoughts, and you may then discuss the subject matter of their posts, but never, every, the worth, the intelligence, or what planet you may think that other member is from.

Thanks for helping to keep MiceChat friendly and safe for all our members.
                      "Not Carnegie, Vanderbilt, and Astor together could have
                      raised money enough to buy a quarter share in my little dog."

� Ernest Thompson Seton

Comment

It has been stated in previous threads that Mater's is actually an updated version of a Cuddle Up, a ride that was a staple in the Philadelphia Toboggen Co. catalog for years, and in fact was being installed new in the 1960's. CUDDLE UP Amusement Park Ride-dizzying spins from the 1920's - YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by christianAdam View Post
                          This has been bugging me so bad and I hate to use the term or show frustration but @seawolf please stop trolling these boards. I have seen you on more than one occasion derail an entire thread in order to unleash the same diatribe you posted in a different thread. You read the title of this thread and the OP and you purposely came in here to derail it to push your agenda and view on everyone else.

I have a GREAT idea for you, since I know there are other chatters that do the same thing why don't you creat a complaint thread where you all could go off about your displeasure and despise of the DLR and the corporate dealings or whatever else you don't like about Disney.

Im not trying to be mean but enough is enough and I get really irritated by seeing countless threads derailed by other people just so an unwanted debate can insure that has NOTHING to do with the OP.
                          I apologize if you don't like my point of view but this is a discussion board which deals with both positive and negative aspects. If you can't handle someone giving an opposing opinion from your own, might I suggest creating another website? There is no rule on Micechat that states I have to give up my feelings on a topic just to comfort someone who may only want to listen to positive aspects. I make no apologies for creating a controversial statement or challenging common points of view, that's the beauty of discussion. Furthermore, this notion that I only post negative statements and troll in other threads is a complete fabrication; you are talking to someone who has praised WOC on numerous occasions and truly appreciates the effort put into Buena Vista Street.
                          Last edited by Seawolf; 07-24-2012, 03:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Seawolf View Post
                            I apologize if you don't like my point of view but this is a discussion board which deals with both positive and negative aspects. If you can't handle someone giving an opposing opinion from your own, might I suggest creating another website? There is no rule on Micechat that states I have to give up my feelings on a topic just to comfort someone who may only want to listen to positive aspects. I make no apologies for creating a controversial statement or challenging common points of view, that's the beauty of discussion. Furthermore, this notion that I only post negative statements and troll in other threads is a complete fabrication.
                            The post was deleted and I apologized for making the remarks I made. It was out of pure frustration and that's that. Nothing else needs to be said about it

let's get back on topic...I LOVE MJJ, wooooooo! one of the best little surprises in Cars Land:yea:

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by simba View Post
                              So instead of speaking with your wallet, you come on to a Disney fan forum and bash a product you support with your dollars, derailing a positive thread. I hate to break it to you, but you're part of the very problem you're complaining about.
                              Is it so unbelievable that someone who cares about the park deeply would feel the need to defend its integrity? Is a mother bad for pointing out poor decisions made by their child? Just because I choose not to disown the company I grew up with because of recent poor decisions doesn't make me part of the problem, at least I choose to go out of my way and make an effort to point things out so the company is aware of certain issues or feedback they wouldn't normally get.

Maybe YOU will lose interest in the park, but that doesn't mean everyone will. That seems to be a problem some people have - confusing the fact that what THEY wan't isn't necessarily what everyone wants.
                              You could say the same thing about Legoland or Knott's Berry Farm. Not everyone gave up Knott's when they changed from a family park to a roller coaster model, but does that mean the public benefited from it?

---------- Post added 07-24-2012 at 04:08 PM ----------

Originally posted by christianAdam View Post
                              The post was deleted and I apologized for making the remarks I made. It was out of pure frustration and that's that. Nothing else needs to be said about it

let's get back on topic...I LOVE MJJ, wooooooo! one of the best little surprises in Cars Land:yea:
                              Apology accepted.
                              Last edited by Seawolf; 07-24-2012, 04:12 PM.

Comment

Interwebz are serous business...

Back on topic, I totally agree with OP on this one.

Rode Mater's Junkyard Jamboree with the Girlfriend and we had a blast! We weren't really anticipating much, but once it whipped around the first time, we were totally caught off guard So much that I slid across and smashed her, which then led to her getting me right back with the next time it swung around! Have to say it was probably the funnest ride we've been on in a while

Comment

Originally posted by shelbyh View Post
                                  i think that if someone doesn't understand the mater references in the mjj queue, then they aren't going to understand those same references in a mater dark ride. If it just looks like junk, then it's going to look like junk in a queue or in a ride or in any type of attraction. *shrug*
                                  Mte.
                                  https://twitter.com/#!/rollinwiththeho

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                  Working...
                                  X