Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Disneyland visit traditions and or rituals you have.

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Chat] Disneyland visit traditions and or rituals you have.

We have established a tradition of doing IJA adventure first, and usually SM second. One reason we have continued to support it is it really "wakes us up"! Then we can do SplM and POTC while our adrenaline is still in force, then are in the groove. We also tend to end the day with IASW and POTC because they are fairly relaxing rides. Any of the FL dark rides work well for encore rides as well.

What traditions do you have?

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

-Walt Disney

Re: Disneyland visit traditions and or rituals you have.

Back in the 1970s and 80s, I had a tradition with my grandmother (and great aunt and uncle) of going to the Carnation ice cream parlor and getting hot fudge sundaes -- at exactly 3:00pm. Still try to abide by that tradition whenever I'm at the Park.

Comment

We always start the day by eating at the park. We have breakfast at NOS. I love the smell of the morning air. The only thing I don't like is when the CM looks at me funny because I order a lot of food for one person.

Comment

My partner and I always have to ride in row 6 of Pirates of the Caribbean. It's the most romantic spot in the boat, in our opinion. :-)

Comment

We always do a rotation through Fantasyland right after rope drop. We go on Peter Pan, Mr. Toad, Snow White, and Pinocchio. In that order.
          "I do not like to repeat successes. I like to go on to other things." - Walt Disney

Comment

Really the only tradition I have is that some time during the day I have to get on Space Mountain. It's not something I do every time I go to Disneyland but if I go on the DLRR I always ask for a tender ride on the E.P. Ripley (No. 2), and if I can't get on the tender I'll go on the train that it's pulling. Oh and I always ask to sit in the front of every ride except BTMRR where I ask to sit in row 13, even if it's Splash in the middle of January at 11 at night!

Comment

Enter through the left tunnel, walk down Main St. Cross the hub to make a wish and toss a coin in Snow White's wishing well first thing, then to the Matterhorn.
              "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

Comment

I always have a rootbeer float with my oldest son. Either from the Golden Horseshoe, or Gibson Girl.
                "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

Comment

My daughter has started a tradition of asking "Are we there yet?" as soon as we get on the I-5 Freeway. Once at Disneyland though, we're somewhat tradition-less.
                  I am old. But still love Disneyland.

Comment

Always enter through the right tunnel and exit through the left.

Always have a Gibson girl cone first thing on the first day. Even if that means ice cream for breakfast. And I sit on the curb outside so I can smell mainstreet and enjoy my cone at the same time.

Dole whips while in the tiki room.

One full circle on the DLRR each day we are at the park.

Mint julips while we take a relaxing cruise on the Mark Twain.

Hmmmm I think that's it. Can you tell we are creatures of habit. Lol
                    sigpic

Comment

Somewhat of a tradition, but I always go through Fantasyland first. If I had it my way, (no kids with us) I'd go on either the Matterhorn or Splash mountain first. Just to wake me up! I'm hoping this time around I can convince the group to go on something more exciting to start us off from our 17 hour road trip!

Comment

getting my fortune told by esmeralda! best souvenir.

Comment

Since we only get to the park once a year (for a couple of days at that time) I always buy a Christmas Tree ornament with the current year on it. Also, we generally always finish our Disney day and Disney trip with a final POTC. This one is a family favorite.

Comment

Similar to OP, I go grab a IJA Fastpass then head to Splash Mtn first. It's my favorite ride and the drop gets the blood flowing bright and early! It's also nice to ride it before the lines get crazy.

Comment

back in the 80s/90s, I used to always do Tomorrowland first, starting with Star Tours

once Indiana Jones opened, all that went out the window... I now almost always go

Indy
                              Jungle Cruise
                              Splash Mountain
                              Pirates
                              Haunted Mansion
                              then the rest of the day figures itself out

Comment

I never enter the park without going under one of the bridges under the train station.

Comment

I noticed that I always greet the characters along Main Street while passing through for the first time during our trips.

Comment

1. Enter thru Opera House side
                                    2. Ride Pirates
                                    3. End the night drinking homemade coco that I brought with me next to Castle
                                    4. Exit thru Opera House side

Micenation

Comment

Oh NO, Queen Bee! You're entering and exiting the WRONG WAY. Don't ya know it's 'left in, right out'? LOL LOL. I didn't think about anyone else having an 'entry protocol' besides me. HAHA
                                      "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

Comment

Matterhorn was my first thempark ride ever, and since my grandfather took me on it the first time back when I was five, it has always been my first ride of the day on my annual/semi-annual trips.

I always enter the east tunnel and exit the west tunnel.

As for the other grandfather-esque tradition, it involves the story of my signature that several ppl have asked about in the past few months since joining MC.

Here is the story:
                                        Fellow MCer asks, "What is with your signature? Is this true? It is a bit vague..."

My standard response,
                                        Yep!
                                        It is my only connection with Walt Disney (well, aside from the parks!)

Back in the day, as you already know, Walt used to walk the park very very much. My grandfather was there one day alone on his first DL trip and there were many ppl around Walt. Lots of ppl asking for autographs and lots of questions about movies and compliments about Disneyland.

In the middle of it all, Walt pulled out his handkerchief and sneezed! My grandfather said "bless you!" He mentioned something about being allergic to orange trees (everyone laughed at this), and he thanked my grandfather and the buzzing around Walt continued with all the guests. Because of the crowd and the fact it was getting bigger by the minute, my grandfather just meandered away to explore the rest of the park (there is another version of this family story where he gets Walt's autograph, but it has never surfaced - I tend to think my grandfather wouldn't have asked, just like me, he isn't much of an autograph hound)...

My grandfather was in SoCal for business. He decided to bring my dad along the next year (or two years) later... but they didn't have any sightings of Walt on any other trip.

FFWD from the late 50s to the late 70s... It became a tradition when I was a kid to tell the story on the way to DL in the car in the 70s & 80s. When we arrived at the park and when departing, all of us would say "bless you!" to the candle in the window above the firehouse at the end of our day at the happiest place on earth! As the years roll on, the tradition changes ever so slightly ("Gesundheit", "those dang orange blossoms" - a paraphrase my brother came up with)... either way, it is a tradition to say it at least once per visit. I am a bit of a purist in this regard. I even tell the story on the way to DL in the car now as an adult. I know many ppl would think this is sweet if even a bit sappy, that is until they realize that I am sometimes driving alone! LOL!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X