This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Photopass Plus ~ worth it?

Has anyone purchased this package before and used it?
    Is it worth the $70?
    I was thinking about it for our November trip but I have never used the photopass services before so I am clueless!
    I am a bit confused about what you actually get out of it.

And we are APers, if that makes any difference!
    One and Only WDW Visit: March 2013

DL Visits: Aug 2005, Dec 2007/Jan 2008, Oct 2010, Aug 2011, May 2012, Aug 2012, Nov 2012

Re: Photopass Plus ~ worth it?

I don't know what Photopass + is, but when i went to WDW we used the regular photopass. The first time you get a photo taken they give you a card, then every time you have your photo taken by a photo pass photographer you hand them your card. Then when you get home you use your card to view all your photos. Basically you get photos out of it. If that is what your question is? You can chose which photos you want when you look them up on line when you get back. From there you can decide weather or not it would be worth it to buy them.

Disney's PhotoPass Service | Guest Services | Disneyland Resort
    Favorite Ride: Tower of Terror

Comment

We just ordered the PhotoPass Plus for our December trip. They are sending us a package that includes a voucher for a lanyard and special PhotoPass card, a code to be used after our trip to order a CD of all pictures taken with the PhotoPass, and a CD with over 300 stock Disney pictures.

With the PhotoPass Plus package, we can have all of the ride photos and photos taken at Character meals put on the card so they will be on the CD we order when we get home. This is a HUGE plus considering that each ride photo usually costs around $15, and Character meal photos run around $32. Since we are going to 2 Character meals and like to get the ride photos, it'll pay for itself.

Hope that helps!

Comment

The nice part is you can edit the photos and add stock captions and borders. We just got ours in the mail. In the past we left the parks with the cd, this time we went with the plus. The stock photos are a nice addition. Make sure you get a lot of photopass photos and it will be worth it. We ended up with 140 I just printed some of them, with 140 there is no way I will be printing all of them.
        Have fun and December is a great time to go.

Comment

I do think can be a good deal if you're a non-local or only take limited trips. For $70 you get every picture taken by a pp photographer in the park plus ride pictures and character pictures, plus a series of stock photos on CD that you can print anywhere, and as stated above, you can add borders and fun stuff. The stock photos are really great if you're doing a scrapbook because then you don't have to try to take pictures of things without people in there--they're already taken and are likely better than the ones you would take. Plus it gives you the opportunity to get the whole family in the picture. The best way to use PP+ is to just take as many pp pictures as you can, all over the park, and then go through them at home.

Comment

I have been curious and haven't found the answer to my question. I understand that you get all your photopass photos on a disk after your vacation, but how long of a vacation is Photopass + good for? 5 days? 1 week? 3 weeks? What if your vacation was 6 weeks?

Comment

According to the Photopass FB page when they first announced it, the Photopass+ is good for 14 days from when you pick it up and it is activated at the park. Your pictures will be available online for 30 days, but the Plus portion of the pass (attraction and dining pictures) can only be added for 14 days. If you try to add one on day 15, it will not accept it.

We only get to the parks about once a year. The past 2 times, I have purchased a gallery/photo CD promo they had going on for about $60. I have already purchased the Plus for our trip in 3 weeks and am very excited. I would never purchase the pictures in the park. Way too expensive. With the CD, however, I can print them anywhere for next to nothing. Since my wife scrapbooks, this is excellent.

My tip is like the others: take as many photos as possible. Always make sure the photographer knows upfront that you have prepurchased the CD. They tend to take more pictures and get more creative.

Comment

Thanks for all the info - since we are going to DL three or four times in the next 9 months I don't think I will purchase this now.
                I will consider it for our WDW trip in March 2013 since that will be a rare trip for us and it seems like a great deal even though it is more $$ than photopass+ for DL! We should get a ton of photos during our WDW trip!

DL Visits: Aug 2005, Dec 2007/Jan 2008, Oct 2010, Aug 2011, May 2012, Aug 2012, Nov 2012

Comment

I'm considering it for our upcoming but as yet unplanned WDW trip next year. Be sure to take some magic pictures!

Comment

How do you order the photopass+ package? I have not been able to find anything about it on the photopass site.
                    I absolutely love using the photopass service, and with the recent price increase on the photo CD, this is definitly the way to go for my next trip!

Comment

http://www.allears.net/tp/ppass.htm

Hopefully this link will help.
                      BarbaraAnn

Comment

Originally posted by chiefyouth View Post
                        My tip is like the others: take as many photos as possible. Always make sure the photographer knows upfront that you have prepurchased the CD. They tend to take more pictures and get more creative.
                        Great info - thanks!!

Comment

Disneyland PhotoPass Plus Offer

This is where you can pre-purchase your photopass plus. We get a photopass every trip, but this is the first I have ever heard of the plus. We are going in September with a Disneyland newbie and this is something I will definitely be ordering!!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X