Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Will next E ticket coaster be a clone?

So if Disneyland gets another E Ticket coaster will it be a clone of Expediation Everest/Grizzly Gultch with the whole forwards/backwards/forwards tech? Seems to me, if they do they truely have very little creativity left

What do you think?

Re: Will next E ticket coaster be a clone?

Yes I agree. If they ever cloned it in California, then I would lose a reason to visit HKDL someday and it would be a bit repetitive with BTMRR and Grizzly Rapids around.

Comment

If the next Roller Coaster that comes to the Disneyland Resort involves a backwards section it does not mean they have very little creativity left. That is like saying since Rockin' Roller Coaster uses launch technology already used on other coasters they have little creativity. Now if they took Expedition Everest and plopped it as is in the Disneyland Resort, that would show a lack of creativity. Just because they are using existing technology to enhance a ride does not mean they lack creativity. Now how they incorporate the backwards section into the story of the attraction determines their creativity. It is like calling RSR a clone of test track because they use similar technology. When RSR is obviously so much more than that.
      Favorite Ride: Tower of Terror

Comment

Originally posted by Quentin View Post
        If the next Roller Coaster that comes to the Disneyland Resort involves a backwards section it does not mean they have very little creativity left. That is like saying since Rockin' Roller Coaster uses launch technology already used on other coasters they have little creativity. Now if they took Expedition Everest and plopped it as is in the Disneyland Resort, that would show a lack of creativity. Just because they are using existing technology to enhance a ride does not mean they lack creativity. Now how they incorporate the backwards section into the story of the attraction determines their creativity. It is like calling RSR a clone of test track because they use similar technology. When RSR is obviously so much more than that.
        Exactly!
        "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

Comment

Originally posted by Quentin View Post
          So True!
          Always read the fine print.

Comment

Quentin is exactly right. Imagineering has always been about the story of their attractions, so if this new coaster used existing elements but has a whole new story, it's still creative.
            - Walt Disney

Comment

Well, clones of Expedition Everest or Grizzly Gulch are not likely because we already have Matterhorn and Big Thunder. But if they built a different coaster that can go forward and backward, then it's not a clone, it's just using existing ride technology. That would be like saying Pirates is a clone of Small World because they're both boat rides.

Comment

Ok, maybe I used the wrong term. It seems to me that if they use this style of coaster again they are not creating something new. They are taking an existing concept and re wrapping it. Yes they did that with test track and RSR, All of the Big Thunders, Indy and Dinosuars and the list could go on. But lets see somehting new for the park that started it all. I do love all that WDI has done and will continue to do so. I would just like to see something completely out of the box.

Comment

A similar topic to this discussing WDI and originality in coming up with rides can be found here:

http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...gineering.html

As a side note Expedition Everest and Grizzly Mountain are two totally different coasters in which both happen to incorporate a backwards portion. They do not have the same layout or even the same intensity. It is just taking certain aspects from different rides.

Comment

Regarding the actual question--I was a little disappointed with the forward-backward-forward system when I rode Expedition Everest. I was expecting more of a backwards portion than what we were given, so if this technique is used again, I'm hoping for a more extensive backwards part. I'd love to see more unique (to the park) features in coasters like a holding zone that keeps you suspended over the initial drop or a floor-less coaster.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X