Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best way to do RSR twice in a day?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Best way to do RSR twice in a day?

    Going to Carsland for this first time next week and have a few questions.

    If we want to ride RSR twice that day, what is the best approach? Get FP at opening (I assume)... then what? Get in standby line? Or try and do single-rider first thing? (Is the single-rider line open first thing in the morning?).

    What is the typical wait time when using (returning with) a fastpass?

    If we get to DCA really early, and we run (I mean walk) straight to RSR, should we ride first, then get a fast pass? Or will the standby line be really long no matter what (we don't have early entry/magic morning)?

    Thanks so much for any advice!

  • #2
    Re: Best way to do RSR twice in a day?

    I would say try your hardest to get there before the park opens so you can be one of the first to get a Fast Pass for it. They go quick and the line for them has been quite long I have heard.
    Favorite Ride: Tower of Terror

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Best way to do RSR twice in a day?

      Get a Fastpass then get into the Single Rider line right after because the regular standby will probably be way too long by the time you get your fastpass.



      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Best way to do RSR twice in a day?

        Best way? If you mean getting to ride RSR 2 times in one day 'the quickest way'... I would recommend standing in the Single Rider line. You can do 2 rides within 2 hours if you really wanted to. From personal experience I have waited between 5 min to 50 min. On average, the typical RSR single rider waits about 45 minutes.


        I do believe in fairies. I do. I do.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Best way to do RSR twice in a day?

          Get there early in the morning and get your FP. Then find a time during the day to wait in the single rider line. I have gotten on it 5 times in one day using this strat. The single rider line can sometimes move very quickly.
          These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

          DL 55th BDAY trip report
          My company had a special night at the park
          WdW trip report with WWoHP
          NYE 2011 trip report
          Mice Chat 7th anniversary
          Leap year 24 hour report
          New DCA trip report
          NYE 2012
          HKDL trip report

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Best way to do RSR twice in a day?

            does anyone know the best way to get a fast pass for anything past 8 at night?? Get in line maybe right at 8 in the morning??

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Best way to do RSR twice in a day?

              Does the single rider skip a lot of the ambiance and atmosphere of the queue?

              YouTube Channel:
              DisneyParkVideos

              ...for any Disney Theme Park Specials, Behind the Scenes, Making Of's, Celebrations, etc. :ap:

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Best way to do RSR twice in a day?

                Originally posted by jcman3777 View Post
                Does the single rider skip a lot of the ambiance and atmosphere of the queue?
                It's a lot shorter so yes you don't go through the major parts of the queue. Single rider is a good way to get on an attraction faster. You can always wait in the normal line to see every part of the queue. Just depends on your agenda.
                These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

                DL 55th BDAY trip report
                My company had a special night at the park
                WdW trip report with WWoHP
                NYE 2011 trip report
                Mice Chat 7th anniversary
                Leap year 24 hour report
                New DCA trip report
                NYE 2012
                HKDL trip report

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Best way to do RSR twice in a day?

                  Depending on the Time of the Fast Pass hop in the single rider late in the evening, like during the first show of WoC becuase the ride is better at night.
                  Enter into new Frontiers of Fantasy....... Today.......... Tomorrow.................Forever.........

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Best way to do RSR twice in a day?

                    Originally posted by Mr. BuenaVista St. View Post
                    does anyone know the best way to get a fast pass for anything past 8 at night?? Get in line maybe right at 8 in the morning??
                    When I got my RSR fastpass on a trip a couple of weeks ago, I entered the park at 8:10 A.M., was in line for fastpass by 8:15, got my FP about 8:50, and had a return time of 7:55 P.M.

                    Your mileage may vary...

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Best way to do RSR twice in a day?

                      Originally posted by Grin Without a Cat View Post
                      When I got my RSR fastpass on a trip a couple of weeks ago, I entered the park at 8:10 A.M., was in line for fastpass by 8:15, got my FP about 8:50, and had a return time of 7:55 P.M.

                      Your mileage may vary...
                      Thank you! I just don't want to wait in the fast pass line and get a ticket for say 5 pm when it's still daylight out.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Best way to do RSR twice in a day?

                        Agree with people who said best way to ride RSR twice is getting to DCA before 8am and waiting in the Fast Pass line and then using the Single Rider line at some point during the day.

                        I have been at DCA before 8am 3 times this Summer and have gotten fast passes that ranged from 11am to 1pm.

                        I have only ridden RSR once each day, but the Single Rider line did seem to move fast.

                        My Fast Pass waits for RSR have been pretty short, averaging about 10 mins. Never really felt compelled to wait in line to ride it twice in the same day.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Best way to do RSR twice in a day?

                          Originally posted by jcman3777 View Post
                          Does the single rider skip a lot of the ambiance and atmosphere of the queue?
                          This, my friends, is a true believer. He *prefers* to wait in line in order to absorb and enjoy what the imagineers were intending to convey. To mouse ears up for you sir!


                          For some some great trip reports, features and reviews, please check out http://www.thedisneylandreport.com.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Best way to do RSR twice in a day?

                            Originally posted by jcman3777 View Post
                            Does the single rider skip a lot of the ambiance and atmosphere of the queue?
                            Exactly what I'm concerned about. I would rather opt for a longer wait and be able to enjoy the queue. Speaking of which, I had the same question for the fastpass entrance. I'm assuming with a fastpass you skip the beginning of the queue that doesn't have lots of theming and are still able to enjoy the portion of the queue that tells the story of Radiator Springs?

                            I'll be going for the first time either September 13th or September 14th. Any predictions on how long the standby line will be in the morning of either of those days? How long is the line typically first thing in the morning?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Best way to do RSR twice in a day?

                              ^I'd say you get a good feel for the Q in the Single rider all you really miss are two Switch back stations (places where the lines just go back in fourth in an area)

                              You still see the Springs, hear the songs...see the cars racing before riding



                              As for the best way....well like other said get a FP when it open then Single rider...or normal Q (though I have seen this reach 2 hours RIGHT as it opens)
                              Happy Halloween!!!

                              Comment


                              • #16
                                Re: Best way to do RSR twice in a day?

                                Originally posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
                                ^I'd say you get a good feel for the Q in the Single rider all you really miss are two Switch back stations (places where the lines just go back in fourth in an area)

                                You still see the Springs, hear the songs...see the cars racing before riding



                                As for the best way....well like other said get a FP when it open then Single rider...or normal Q (though I have seen this reach 2 hours RIGHT as it opens)
                                Thanks for the information about the queue. Enjoying the queue is one of my favorite parts of experiencing an attraction. A well-done queue does wonders for enhancing the story of the attraction and immersing the guest in a different world.

                                Do you think that going on a Thursday (the 13th) opposed to a Friday (the 14th, also the first official day of Halloween Time at the resort) would make a significant difference regarding the wait times? I know that the park itself will mostly likely be a tad less crowded on a Thursday, but will this have a noticable impact on the wait times? Or will it likely be the same since RSR is so new that it will attract a two hour plus crowd no matter what the day.

                                I know no one can answer this will certainty (unless they're psychic ), but I'm curious to hear what the best guesses are from the people that have visited the park recently.

                                Comment


                                • #17
                                  Re: Best way to do RSR twice in a day?

                                  At the end of Buane Vista Street you will see a long line from the Aladdin Theatre, around Cirthay Circle Restaurant all the way to the Fast Passes for RSR.

                                  Last week the park opened at 9 a.m., we were always in the park just short after 9 a.m. and once we got tickets for 1.30 p.m. and on another day at 5.30 p.m., so it really depends how many people are there.

                                  Single rider and fast pass line are next to each other.

                                  Oh and I think Thursday is surely better than Friday, but wait on more opinions.

                                  As stated, we were there last week and on Tuesday we got tickets for 1.30 and on Wednesday for 5.30 although we always entered the park at opening hours, you just never know.

                                  Comment


                                  • #18
                                    Re: Best way to do RSR twice in a day?

                                    Originally posted by croboy82 View Post
                                    At the end of Buane Vista Street you will see a long line from the Aladdin Theatre, around Cirthay Circle Restaurant all the way to the Fast Passes for RSR.

                                    Last week the park opened at 9 a.m., we were always in the park just short after 9 a.m. and once we got tickets for 1.30 p.m. and on another day at 5.30 p.m., so it really depends how many people are there.

                                    Single rider and fast pass line are next to each other.

                                    Oh and I think Thursday is surely better than Friday, but wait on more opinions.

                                    As stated, we were there last week and on Tuesday we got tickets for 1.30 and on Wednesday for 5.30 although we always entered the park at opening hours, you just never know.
                                    Thanks for the advice! Wednesday is also a possibility. I was wondering if it would be one of the least crowded days to visit since it's in the middle of the week, but it sounds like it was more crowded on Wednesday when you visited. I suppose that any day in the middle of the week (Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday) will be a good time to go. The only downside is that the park hours are shorter on these days.

                                    I might be over-analyzing this, but I just want to make sure that I'm informed so I can be prepared when I arrive at the park and eliminate any potential problems or confusion.

                                    Comment


                                    • #19
                                      Re: Best way to do RSR twice in a day?

                                      Originally posted by Mr. BuenaVista St. View Post
                                      Thank you! I just don't want to wait in the fast pass line and get a ticket for say 5 pm when it's still daylight out.
                                      A little secret. You can use a 5pm faspass until park closing. They don't expire, unless your in Disney World.
                                      Favorite Ride: Tower of Terror

                                      Comment


                                      • #20
                                        Re: Best way to do RSR twice in a day?

                                        Oh def! We had the fast pass for 1.30 pm but the ride broke down so we came back a few hours and it was no problem..

                                        Comment

                                        Get Away Today Footer

                                        Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X