Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
2 of 2 < >

Ad Blockers

Please do not use ad blocking software when visiting MiceChat. It costs money to keep MiceChat online, and ad revenue offsets this. Thank you.
See more
See less

My thoughts on the "new" California Adventure

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My thoughts on the "new" California Adventure

Overall I really like the new entrance/Buena Vista St.

To me it really feels more coherent and a little more immersive, at least at the entrance. It felt more like a sister-park to Disneyland instead of the step-sister fighting for an identity.

I always loved DCA, my wife and I both worked at Disney Studios the year it opened, so I was able to attend the employee only soft launch weekend and I was sold immediately.

i have remained a fan of the park since then. It used to be partly because they sold alcohol, partly because the place was always less crowded than DL, so it was a nice break from the hustle and bustle, and partly because it had a cool, laid back vibe. When I was older and became a father I liked it because I think Bugs Land is the most underrated part of either park for parent's of young children (infant to 2 yo). My son LOVED it before he could go on the "big boy rides!"

When I walked in to DCA Sunday June 22, it felt more like when you first enter Main St. at DL and I liked it. RCR was an exasperating experience, but that is written in another post - this is about what I liked and my first impressions.

Anyway, those were just my thoughts.

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X