Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Chat] what is your Disney shameful secret?

I have a few:
    1) I spend many hours a week watching Disney movies when I should be doing more important things.
    2)I spend at least an hour a day on MC, most of the time its more than an hour.
    3) everyday I go over my next trip and try to make it better.
    4) I normally have 2-3 trips booked at any given time.
    5) I havent stayed on site since I was a child
    6) I am very proud of my ability to do many DL vacations a year because I am so frugal in every aspect of my life, including booking my trips.
    7) I really dislike captain eo
    8) I cry at everything when in the parks, fireworks, parades, WOC, F!, music in the park, characters, I'm just a sap lol

Now what are some of yours ?
    sigpic

Re: what is your Disney shameful secret?

Very interesting topic! I'll play!

1) Having 4 kids, I find myself watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse just about every day as well as at least one movie per week.
    2) Magical! was the fireworks show we saw on our most recent trip. Since then my children ask to watch the youtube video of it before bed every night.
    3) I also find myself getting a bit misty-eyed at the most random things in the park. From my 3 year old getting to see his idol, Mickey for the very first time, to my daughter getting a Bibbidy Bobbidy Boutique makeover. These are things that just get me right there.
    "I do not like to repeat successes. I like to go on to other things." - Walt Disney

Comment

My secret is that I limit my DLR visits to just four hours, so I can use the free closer parking at DTD. It is shameful, because I have Premier pass, so I have free parking anyway. But it is so nice to take the monorail into Tomorrowland, than the tram or bus to the front gate.
      Mike L
      Premier Annual Passport
      D23 Charter Member

'09 - D23 Expo, Princess & the Frog preview, Magic & Merriment Weekend
      '10 - 1st Anniversary Party, Roy Disney Tribute, Pollyanna screening, Toy Story Marathon, Disney Archives 40th Anniversary, Dateline Disneyland 1955, Secretariat preview, Destination D, Zorro screening, Tangled preview
      '11 - Love is Magical, 2nd Anniversary Mixer, Absent Minded Professor screening, Destination D, Studio Tour, Sci-Fi Academy, D23 Expo (premier), Babes in Toyland screening, Magic & Merriment Weekend
      '12 - Newsies screening, Journey to Marceline tour, Sister Act screening, Brave preview, Brave artists meet/greet/screening, Treasures Exhibit - Reagan Library preview, Timothy Green premiere, Destination D (diamond), Treasure Island screening, Magic & Merriment Weekend
      '13 - El Capitan Peter Pan Panel & Screening, Disney Video Game Unveiling, Fanniversary, OZ preview, Son of Flubber screening, Summer Magic screening, Tiki Room 50th anniversary, D23 Expo (sorcerer), Sword in the Stone screening, Hocus Pocus screening, Frozen preview, 20,000 Leagues screening
      '14 - Pirate Fairy screening, Rebel Rendezvous, Three Musketeers screening, Mr. Toad screening, Snow White screening, Big Hero 6 preview, Little Mermaid screening, Destination D
      '15 - D23 Expo, Pinocchio screening,

Comment

I spend too much time on Micechat while at work
        I actually heard this said by a CM over the loud speakers at Big Thunder in 1995, "Please do not sit on the rocks. You will fall...and you will die."

Comment

Originally posted by QueenBee View Post
          I have a few:
          1) I spend many hours a week watching Disney movies when I should be doing more important things.
          2)I spend at least an hour a day on MC, most of the time its more than an hour.
          3) everyday I go over my next trip and try to make it better.
          4) I normally have 2-3 trips booked at any given time.
          5) I havent stayed on site since I was a child
          6) I am very proud of my ability to do many DL vacations a year because I am so frugal in every aspect of my life, including booking my trips.
          7) I really dislike captain eo
          8) I cry at everything when in the parks, fireworks, parades, WOC, F!, music in the park, characters, I'm just a sap lol

Now what are some of yours ?
          I think about the park WAY too much for a busy 28 year old man.
          I get REALLY happy when smells at home/outside of the park remind me of something inside of the park (stale water, anyone?)
          I don't feel more at peace anywhere in the world more so than inside the caverns of Pirates.
          I live in Southern Arizona, home to some of the best authentic Mexican food on the planet, and yet somehow, Rancho del Zocalo is still some of my favorite food anywhere, ever.
          I agree 100% with your #3, 5, and 6.
          Did you know that 87% of spoken statistics are made up on the spot?

Comment

I spend alot of time on MiceChat.
            I have to watch povs of Disneyland rides every day.
            I like to sing Grim Grinning Ghosts on the Haunted Mansion.
            Relate every book's theme to a Disney movie.

Comment

I am addicted to MiceAge and MiceChat.
              I listen to WTTM Podcast to get my Disneyland Fix
              The art in my home is all Disney mini attration posters.
              Most of my T-shirts are Disney.
              I listen to Disneyland audio as a place to escape on a stressful day.
              I get choked up when I hear certains music from the park.
              Deisel fumes remind me of the old Disneyland parking lot.

Comment

1. I lurk on MiceChat
                2. I have not been to a Disney Park in well over 10 years because I live so far from one now and it is expensive.
                3. I have vicarious experiences through the trip reports I read here.

Comment

Being an out of stater I usually plan Disney vacations a year in advance.
                  micechat is a daily Disney fix
                  I get emotional during world of color
                  I cried the first trip with my daughter when she was 2 and screamed "TIGGER" at the top of her lungs when she got off the pooh ride and saw Tigger at the meet and greet and went running at him. (Everyone told me she was too young to get anything out of Disneyland, clearly they were wrong)
                  The joy of watching my son wave at Mickey at the end of Fantasmic and the beaming smile on his face when Mickey waved back.
                  BGood! It's not just my motto its my name!

Comment

1. I research so much into the park that I know more than my family would like to know.
                    2. I'm 18 and this is my 4th trip in 2 years.
                    3. Now that I've found MC I can see myself on it a lot..

Comment

Shameful? I hate when people say things presented as facts about the parks that are completely wrong. Or when they say something really dumb like WDW came before DLR because it has "world" in it. I get mad and that's probably not in the spirit of the parks.

Comment

Fun Topic!

I have never been on the Mark Twain, nor the Columbia. One day I will I hope... I just find so many other things I would rather do.

In the late 80s and early 90s, my group of friends used to go thru "the secret" entrance for Space Mtn. when we were teenagers. Yes, it was line cutting. No I shouldn't have done it. And no I will not tell any details b/c I am not sure if this secret entrance still exists or can be used in this way. There are many ppl who grew up in the socal area that can tell you where it is. If so, please don't spread that info publicly! I have "paid my debt" BTW.

I used to ditch school and drive approx 2 hours w/ friends and go to DL for the day and be back by supper time. Mom: "how was your day hun?" Me: "We learned more about physics again." Mom: "Odd, didn't you do that last month in science class? They should just call it physics instead of science! Could you pass the peas, please?" Me: "sure..."

I have never stayed on property and probably never will. It would seriously hurt my vaykay budgets if I did. I would like to one day, but that would require coming into some money or winning a contest.

On my first trip to Paris several years ago (a dream of mine that I worked hard at making come true), I dedicated 2 days to DLP while planning and budgeting. Since it was 30 degrees outside in the middle of January, I only needed one day to see it all. I wasn't impressed over-all; I kept comparing each element to DLR. There are only a small handful of things at DLP that I like better. I used that extra day of not going to DLP to go see Versailles Palace.

I have NOT seen most of the movies that many rides are based on... and I have no desire too. Anything I need to know (w/ very few exceptions) about any Disney movie I get from the ride. No ride for this movie? Then it just doesn't exist. I love DL but I am not much of a fan of Disney media. I have seen less than 10% of the Disney media that exists.

Comment

-I'm on Micechat more than any other site
                          -I have 2 trips to DLR planned
                          -I watch POV videos of rides on youtube when I'm not on MC
                          -I listen to the World of Color soundtrack, though I haven't seen the show yet. The soundtrack just gets me every time
                          -I watch the Disney vacation planning dvd once a week (sometimes more)
                          -I watch at least one Disney movie everyday
                          -I have a DLR mural
                          -My background on my laptop and my phone are Sleeping Beauty Castle

There is probably more, but these are the only ones I can think of at the moment.

Comment

Heh. Well, there's these things.
                            1. I check out Micechat everyday for a couple of hours throughout the day. It's the only way I can discuss Disneyland, no one in real life shares my obsession .
                            2. At home, I'm usually listening to "The Official Album of the Disneyland Resort" that they sold during their 50th.
                            3. When I'm sad, I'll usually watch some home movies or POVs on Youtube of Disney rides.
                            4. Fireworks make me cry. Every time.
                            Last edited by TL59; 07-24-2012, 04:48 PM.
                            - Walt Disney

Comment

Oh MY! I have too many =/

I have some items that I feel a lil guilty about - a pair of the original captain EO glasses from the 80's, the two costume polo shirts I was supposed to return, and a butter knife from French Market that accidentally ended up in my bag but I haven't returned either. :shy:

I'm also ashamed to admit that I tried out for the Soundsational Parade and totally had the dance combo down pat until I had to perform it for the casting directors and then I got nervous and messed up horrendously.

Lastly, I've never been on star tours since they re-did it. The sensation of flying through space scares the bajeezus out of me but I do hope to get up the nerve someday.
                              Last edited by Gwenchanter; 07-24-2012, 01:33 PM.

Comment

I research a lot about the park
                                cry over so many wonderful things in the park
                                love learning not just the little fun facts, but everything I possibly can about the park
                                find myself singing attraction songs
                                thinks Fantasmic is the greatest thing I've ever seen
                                World of Color a close second

my most shameful secret is probably the fact that I want other people to love Disney so much and I would drag all the nonbelievers there for a day if I could to show them the magical wonders of Disneyland. And all those who have never been, I would die to take them. It's almost like a cult I want people to join...but I'm proud to be in it and I wouldn't give it up for the world.

Comment

Also, to get myself in the zone for my trip, I listen to the music they play before a Disney movie starts!

Comment

1:I'm on micechat 24/7
                                    2: I use my phone in class just to get on micechat
                                    3:I have a favorite goat at big thunder ranch

http://www.youtube.com/user/ridesandstuff

Comment

- While my knowledge of the park, etc is light years behind the majority of the posters on this board, I know way more than anyone that I go with and I use that experience and feigned knowledge as my own selfish way to make sure that we start the day off at DLR the way that I want to (Left tunnel entrance, failed attempt for Lily Belle, Jungle Cruise, Pirates, Mansion). I use, "it's the best way to start" as my mantra to forge through and exclude restroom / food stops until we're done with that circuit; I don't care how bad you have to pee or how hungry you are. I've had this routine for years and I will have it for many more..

- I have "smoked" in the park on many occasions (often using an apple from Rancho)..

- I adore Autopia (the old Sub ride as well)

- My 1st time EVER riding Splash Mtn was during the 24 hour leap year event; other 1sts during that trip were eating at Bengal BBQ and my 1st Monte Cristo (I average 2-4 trips a year the last 32 years).

- I rode Haunted Mansion I dont even know how many times in a row on my grad nite, just so I could make out with my girl (who is now my wife)

- I am sick of the Nightmare version of Haunted Mansion (the majority of my trips are when it's up and I so much prefer original HM)

- When given the opportunity I will make very non-Disney / non-friendly faces to those tots that are d over their parents shoulders, just because I think it's funny and sometimes they play back..
                                      "Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money" - Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by churros9 View Post
                                        I spend too much time on Micechat while at work
                                        This is my biggest secret too. I just made my availability for a meeting in San Diego coincide with a Thursday or a Monday so I could tag on a DL trip either way.
                                        They who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night. ~Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X