Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Locking seat belts and disasters?

Not to make anyone paranoid but, what happens to the locking seat belts on rides such as Indy, space, if there is a major fire or other disaster in the ride building? The vehicle E stops or power is cut to ride after major disaster or a large fire and cast members can't or won't get to you. Do the belts release so you can try to make your own way out and save yourself or do you have to stay trapped by a seat belt? Again I don't mean to make this a scary thought post, just curious.

Re: Locking seat belts and disasters?

I imagine the seat belt works like the air brakes. If power is cut off to the vehicle, the belts are unlocked.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

Comment

what happens is it's time to get to nibbling or hope your car keys will do the trick.

Comment

The best knives can't tear through seat belt.
        DisneyTwins
        Since May 2003

Comment

Originally posted by Disneytwins View Post
          The best knives can't tear through seat belt.
          A Ginsu knife can cut through a tin can. Ask Ed Valenti.
          "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

Comment

I've been on Indy when it broke down for a significant time. Eventually the vehicle kind of "relaxes" in that it seems to shut down and drops down on its suspension. At that point the seat belts were still locked and a cast member came by about 5 minutes later and released them from the back.
            Sitting there locked into my seat, it made me a little nervous to think that if I smelled smoke or suspected any other kind of danger, we couldn't get away quickly.
            Stupid paranoia! :blush:
            Last edited by ScottG; 07-25-2012, 07:47 AM.

Comment

This is why I tell people to keep a pocket full of elf tinsle (as used to cut the jail cell bars in The Santa Clause) with them on DLR rides.

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

-Walt Disney

Comment

^^ that's hilarious!:lol:

Comment

If locking seat belts make you nervous, you definitely don't want to think about what would happen if one of the sub portholes popped. You'll have a panic attack.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X