Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Veteran DL/CA Visitor staying overnight GC: recommendations/tips?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Veteran DL/CA Visitor staying overnight GC: recommendations/tips?

Hey guys - this is my first time posting on Mice Chat, so bare with me. I tried to see if there was a subforum dedicated to the Disneyland hotels, but there was only the Southern California Hotel lounge... so I chose this one. (Please feel free to move this thread if there is a better area). Also, this might be a post that you've seen rehashed quite a bit (and I've already searched through a couple), but I thought I'd ask my own question...

I'm a Premium Annual Pass Holder and for the first time in a long time, I'll actually be staying over night at the Grand Californian (I mean, we're talking since I was 17 and I'm 24 now) and going to Disneyland/CA two days in a row for my birthday on Sunday/my boyfriend and I's anniversary on Monday.

I feel like I've done it all, but is there anything that anyone would recommend for someone that's different for a person staying at the hotel? Anything out of the ordinary that you do that you would suggest in general? We're not the type of people who need to get EVERY ride in - we like to try new things / leisurely stroll through the park / check stuff out (one thing we need to do in general is ride the rides in Car Land with our early hotel entrance...!).

Anything particular to birthday stuff or anniversary stuff?

I've signed up for the Fantasmic Dessert thing for our anniverary - is it worth it? The price definitely blew me away. I know Fantasmic in my sleep (when I was little, I went every night and mouthed the whole show to myself most nights), so I'm familiar with it, but I've never done this even before...

Anyways, if you have any suggestions at all - thank you!

Re: Veteran DL/CA Visitor staying overnight GC: recommendations/tips?

If you can afford it, maybe you could upgrade to concierge level service. That would allow you and your boyfriend to use the lounge, and have a concierge at your service. I almost spent an entire stay in the concierge lounge once.
    I am old. But still love Disneyland.

Comment

Definitely concierge if you can afford it, take full advantage of the early entries, the entrance to DCA from GC, get pins for your birthday and anniversary from Town Hall, etc. You guys should have a wonderful time staying at the GC, it's my favorite hotel there by far.
      - Walt Disney

Comment

We loved watching World of Color from our balcony. I didn't know at the time that the music was being piped into the TV in the room, so it was a silent show for us. lol. Live and learn! But it was still beautiful!
        sigpic
        Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

Comment

Originally posted by HiddenMickeyBook View Post
          We loved watching World of Color from our balcony. I didn't know at the time that the music was being piped into the TV in the room, so it was a silent show for us. lol. Live and learn! But it was still beautiful!
          Wow! This is a great tip! Thanks!

As far as the concierge lounge, I don't think we'll be able to afford that... but we plan on bringing our own wine and snacks to be able to appreciate the balcony without the cost (and use the money later for more lavish dinners and cocktails!).

Anyways - I also got some really cool advice from a thread I made on reddit.

Some things I'm going to try out that I've never done before:

- Ride the Lilly Belle
          - Ride the Wheelhouse Ride
          - Sniff around and inquire about the Dream Suite (one can dream, right?)
          - Get an anniversary and birthday button
          - Rush Carsland in the morning with the Hotel Early Access
          - Fantasmic Dessert Reserved Seating

Anything else that sticks out as a Disney secret that most people don't know about or things that I should do?

Comment

If you're looking for lavish dinners, try the new Carthay Circle Theatre restaurant and obviously the restaurants within the Disney hotel families. If you're there, you can't use distance as an excuse to not go like I do.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
            Working...
            X