Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's your Favorite Streetmosphere or Daytime Entertainment?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Fun] What's your Favorite Streetmosphere or Daytime Entertainment?

Yeah, yeah, the parades are awesome and nighttime spectaculars always manage to jerk a tear or two, but what about the (previously) unsung heroes? The song-singing, foot-tapping, infectious performers of the AM and afternoon?

For your convenience, I'll list the current non-headlining entertainment here at both Disneyland and Disney California Adventure. You're more than welcome to discuss previous shows that you really harmonized with--bonus points for videos or pictures!

Disneyland:
    Jedi Training Academy
    Billy Hill & the Hillbillies
    The Laughing Stock Co.
    Tomorrowland Terrace Cover Bands
    The Trashcan Trio
    Disneyland Band
    All-American College Band
    Dapper Dans
    Hook and Ladder Company
    Main Street Strawhatters
    The Pearly Band
    The Voices of Liberty
    Farley the Fiddler
    Royal Street Bachelors
    Jambalaya Jazz Band
    The Bootstrappers
    Main Street Piano Player
    The Straw Hatters

Disney California Adventure:
    DJ's Dance and Drive
    Five & Dime
    Red Car News Boys
    Citizens of Buena Vista
    Instant Concert!...Just Add Water
    Minnie's Fly Girls Charter Airline
    Dancin' with Disney
    Mad T Party
    Mariachi Divas
    Happy Camper

Please let me know if I've missed something! I chose to exclude Aladdin: A Musical Spectacular and Disney Junior because they're fully staged theatrical events, giving them a really unfair edge, I think. If you didn't catch on, I didn't include fireworks, parades, World of Color, or Fantasmic!

My personal favorites are the Dapper Dans in DL and Minnie's Fly Girls in DCA. Their harmonies are wonderfully tight and their song selections are perfect for the parks. They're fun, well choreographed, and are entertaining without being obtrusive to those who aren't interested in watching.
    Last edited by ohmyjustin; 07-27-2012, 06:53 PM.

Re: What's your Favorite Streetmosphere or Daytime Entertainment?

I like the Voices of Liberty and the Instant Concert...Just Add Water!

However, I must admit that WDW beats DL in regards to streetmosphere and daytime entertainment by a mile. Just look at World Showcase.

Comment

Disneyland:
      Billy Hill & the Hillbillies - a must see
      The Laughing Stock Co. - so funny
      Main Street Piano Player - Ragtime Robert? if so, yes, he is awesome

Disney California Adventure:
      Red Car News Boys - they're all so good looking
      Citizens of Buena Vista - funny and interesting people
      Mad T Party - loved it except the White Rabbit DJ

Comment

For me the DL band and also the Jedi training. My dgs was lucky enough to be one of the boys to come up and fight DV so that was a real treat..but in general I just like the show because of the kids that get to interact..it's very cute!

Haven't seen any of the new stuff so not sure what would be my favorite over in DCA.
        Feel free to visit my Etsy Shop; https://www.etsy.com/shop/AlienKaboo...=hdr_shop_menu
        to see my Disney and StarWars skirts for little girls.

Comment

Originally posted by WDW1971 View Post
          I like the Voices of Liberty and the Instant Concert...Just Add Water!

However, I must admit that WDW beats DL in regards to streetmosphere and daytime entertainment by a mile. Just look at World Showcase.
          I'm not a huge fan of Epcot, but I will say that the fountain in the middle of Future World is amazing. The entertainment they have sprinkled throughout World Showcase is also amazing and really sets the mood. Hearing the drummers as you walk into the Japan pavilion is incredibly transporting.

I think I'd like the Star Wars thing a lot more if I had done it when I was younger or if I had a kid who participated in it. It looks so wonderful, but I just can't get into it. Perhaps I'm too jealous of the younger kids who still can go for it. :P

Comment

Looks like you missed:

The Hook and Ladder Company
            The Pearly Band
            The Jambalaya Jazz Band

and

Happy Camper

Comment

The Coca-Cola Refreshment Corner always seems to be a "happening" place, whether it's the piano player (and all the players are outstanding) or the Dapper Dans dropping by for a (planned) impromptu concert or the Mad Hatter playing musical chairs. And you can get a Mickey Mouse pretzel with cheese or some other snack and a cold drink to enjoy it. Plus it's a good central location to designate as a meetup spot in case you get separated.

Comment

You forgot The Bootstrappers (I think that's their name. The pirate band that plays in NOS. Are they still there?).

My favorites are the Dapper Dans, Main St. Piano, and Royal Street Bachelors. I haven't seen any of that DCA entertainment yet.

Comment

My favorite now is the Voices of Liberty. Awesome music and sound.

I also really liked Billy Hill, but I've noticed that the show is sometimes hit or miss. I've seen shows where it was roll-on-the-floor funny, and other shows that were just so-so.
                  http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
                  http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ip-report.html
                  http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...something.html

No matter where you go, there you are.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron W View Post
                    Looks like you missed:

The Hook and Ladder Company
                    The Pearly Band
                    The Jambalaya Jazz Band

and

Happy Camper
                    Thank you! I didn't know who these guys were at first, but recognized them as well as a few others when I did a Google search and found some more names on another website. On that site, I also saw the Sword in the Stone Ceremony, which is something I definitely wish they brought back.

Comment

The Dapper Dans always a must see every year when i go to Disneyland

Comment

Disneyland side:

I really like Billy and the Hillbillies, the Dapper Dans. I haven't seen much entertainment there. I need to do that.

California Adventure:

The Red Car News Boys is my all time favorite show; It's also a good possibility that the 1920's did have upbeat music. It was called: "The Roaring Twenties."

Maestro Goofy and 'Instant Concert....just add water' is really cute.

And Dancin' with Disney is adorable.

Comment

Without a doubt, my favorite is the Dapper Dans. It's charming, it's funny, and they sing well. Sometimes you can catch them in front of the fire station or on main street proper, or sometimes they sing while riding a trolley, which is awesome. I think they still do the 4 man bicycle as well.

For some some great trip reports, features and reviews, please check out http://www.thedisneylandreport.com.

Comment

My absolute favorite (which isn't on your list) is the Mary Poppins entertainment in front of the castle. It's incredibly entertaining and very very very Disney.

Comment

I like the All American College Band the most. I'm more of a marching band type of guy.. And for DCA, I'd go with Instant Concert and Mad T Party!
                              :meet: Because Bert Said So! :meet:

Comment

Disneyland (basically the old school acts):

Billy Hill and the Hillbillies
                                Dapper Dans
                                Ragtime Pianist
                                Disneyland Marching Band
                                Jambalaya Jazz Band

Comment

I like the random people who walk around BV street in period character and talk to you.

Comment

Originally posted by bummerkit View Post
                                    I like the random people who walk around BV street in period character and talk to you.
                                    The citizens are great!! My favorite, and one I've seen only once so far, was a couple. The guy was in a zoot suit...and I cant't remember what the girl was wearing. But they were walking around like they were visiting, or on a date. I was Fiddler at the time, and they came in, checked out the menu's, then left. It was kind of cool.

The delivery girl on the 3 wheel bike was pretty cool too.

For some some great trip reports, features and reviews, please check out http://www.thedisneylandreport.com.

Comment

My favorites are the jazz band in New Orleans Square, Five and Dime and the bands that play over by Paradise Grill during the day.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                      Working...
                                      X