This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Why do you love Disneyland?

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"
    Childhood memories of visiting with my Grandfather who helped w/ crowd control on the opening day. Stories my Mom told me about riding the Carousel in FL for several continuous hours the day before DL opened because the Carousel wasn't balanced properly and they needed to re-balance it......

Growing up, my family went to church in Montebello...... Sometimes, after church (instead of going to brunch), Grandpa would take me somewhere, we'd leave our family and just he and I would go to Disneyland, although he would never tell me where we were going as we were on our way.....

W/ my Grandfather, we had a routine, every visit...... we'd ride the DLRR all the way around the park, get back off at Main Street and go to Lincoln...... He LOVED that attraction (whenever I take a newbie nowadays - I insist on this same routine...... and it's always been satisfactory to the newbie) Afterwards, he'd let me pick anything I wanted after those two attractions, but it was ALWAYS the complete DLRR and Lincoln EVERY time we went together.

Those were remarkable times with a remarkable man........ I miss him every time I walk into the park......

Comment

I grew up on the east coast; spent many a summer at WDW. Over the years, I've watched it decline in many, many ways. Then I moved to California and visited Disneyland for the first time in 20 years in 2005 ... and it reminded me of the WDW that seems dead and buried. It was like being home again; it's a park that still seems to make an effort. Is it perfect? No (Tomorrowland is a mess), but it's clean, its maintenance is high and it still appears to respect the mega-fans.

Comment

Like others have said, memories. Lots of memories. No other place, other than "home", has so many memories.
        I am old. But still love Disneyland.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
        Working...
        X