Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Pirate's League Comes To Disneyland Park!

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Pirate's League Comes To Disneyland Park!

Originally posted by Bronco21 View Post
    Radical idea... Get rid of the dream sweet and put this up there! It would be in a better location for a pirates set up, it wouldn't take up the court of angels space, it would end the dream sweet and open the space for regular guests!
    No elevator. There is upstairs space, but that's the problem.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Comment

Originally posted by swampymarsh View Post
      No elevator. There is upstairs space, but that's the problem.
      It's off to the side next to the extended queue for Pirates. Seen it myself many times.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco21 View Post
        Radical idea... Get rid of the dream sweet and put this up there! It would be in a better location for a pirates set up, it wouldn't take up the court of angels space, it would end the dream sweet and open the space for regular guests!
        Did you not see that amazing trip report? I'm not sure I could agree with anything taking the spot after I'd seen that amazing suite...

I'd be keen on having it take permanent home on Pirates' Lair. It'd be cool to see humans go in and pirates come out...but I know that it wouldn't bring in enough cash for Disney since it's not a high-traffic area.

Comment

Originally posted by brenden View Post
          Looks fun! It'll be nice to have an experience comparable to the boutique, but for boys!
          This one won't be just for boys; you will see a lot of girls lining up there, too! Not every little girl wants to be a pretty pretty princess either. :P

They do also have the face painting station by it's a small world and that seems unisex.
          Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

Comment

See I'd get something cool like a Jedi Training area....or Pirates interactive area but as a kid I never wanted to dress up at Disneyland...I wanted to DO things..see things not sit in a chair and get made up

To each his own but I agree once again that they should find another spot, Disneyland has sold out enough leave us a few small area's of not shops or food
            Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ohmyjustin View Post
              Did you not see that amazing trip report? I'm not sure I could agree with anything taking the spot after I'd seen that amazing suite...

I'd be keen on having it take permanent home on Pirates' Lair. It'd be cool to see humans go in and pirates come out...but I know that it wouldn't bring in enough cash for Disney since it's not a high-traffic area.
              Yes but it is an area only seen by a handful of guests each year as apposed to when it was the Disney gallery where anyone could go up there and enjoy the view... It really does detract from the space since few actually get to experience it now. Honestly though, I'd rather they just open it for a museum/ exhibit space attraction... But opening it period would be improvement IMO.
              Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

Comment

Originally posted by explodingboy View Post
                Bummer that it will be in the Court of Angels...
                This.

Originally posted by dland_lover View Post
                ...Yet another beautiful, serene place will be lost to the cause of marketing and greedy, money-grabbing executives. :crybye:
                And this.

Pressler may be gone, but his business model that every square foot of Disneyland must make a profit is alive and well.
                "Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
                it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
                together with every variety of recreation and fun,
                designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
                - Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
                - Bob Chapek

Comment

Originally posted by ShelbyH View Post
                  Exactly. If it wasn't successful, they wouldn't have brought it here.
                  The success it had there may not match the success it will have here..

Comment

There are quite a few quiet little spots at DL for purists and hardcore fans to appreciate. But there are even fewer places where boys can become part of the magic. Can't we give just this one to them?

Oh and I highly doubt this was approached as "how can the court de anges generate a profit?" but "How can we cater to the boys we've been neglecting through out the years?...Pirates!!....where should we put this experience?...NOS!!....where in NOS?...how about that empty place called Court de Anges!!"
                    In the quest for quality, I have no problem with the characters footing the bill.

Comment

Originally posted by Pinrar View Post
                      Oh and I highly doubt this was approached as "how can the court de anges generate a profit?" but "How can we cater to the boys we've been neglecting through out the years?...Pirates!!....where should we put this experience?...NOS!!....where in NOS?...how about that empty place called Court de Anges!!"
                      You're more than likely correct with your assumption. I'm sure the location wasn't approached in that manner, it was probably chosen due to the fact that is still thematically correct and out of way for the most part.

It would have been neat if they could have somehow incorporated this into the ridiculous pirate theme they have on TSI. Obviously, I get why they couldn't, but it would fit there a little better IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by explodingboy View Post
                        You're more than likely correct with your assumption. I'm sure the location wasn't approached in that manner, it was probably chosen due to the fact that is still thematically correct and out of way for the most part.

It would have been neat if they could have somehow incorporated this into the ridiculous pirate theme they have on TSI. Obviously, I get why they couldn't, but it would fit there a little better IMO.
                        It would have been, but getting there is so difficult. I wonder what the maximum number of people possible to get to and from the island in one day. It can't be that many.
                        In the quest for quality, I have no problem with the characters footing the bill.

Comment

It would have been, but getting there is so difficult. I wonder what the maximum number of people possible to get to and from the island in one day. It can't be that many.
                          Aside from that, it closes at dusk. So if they wanted to have it run into the evening which I am assuming they will the Halloween party, it wouldn't work.

Comment

Just for clarification, this is going to take place in that spot in NOS where they typically have caricature artists, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Santoanderson View Post
                              Just for clarification, this is going to take place in that spot in NOS where they typically have caricature artists, right?
                              I'm not sure if they do caricatures here (I know they do them across from the Blue Bayou).

This is the Court of Angels.

Click image for larger version

Name:	tumblr_m2zqjwWOiT1qzulajo1_500.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	159.1 KB
ID:	7344162

Comment

There are quite a few quiet little spots at DL for purists and hardcore fans to appreciate. But there are even fewer places where boys can become part of the magic. Can't we give just this one to them?

NO...they have plenty of other places to do that...they have a whole show for it in Tomorrowland where they fight DARTHER VADER.....how about Pirates Lair? Put it there they have room...of heck why does Pirates lair not count as an area for boys/girls to use there imaginations

It's one of the down right nicest places in the park, its not that big of a space and they have to ruin it by selling something...I'll just hope it fails like Duffy did
                                Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

I'm confused... It's going to be outdoors and temporary?

Will the Court of Angels need to be closed beforehand for work? And where will Tiana and Naveen go?

Comment

^yes

Maybe.....and They might go to where Jack and Sally Meet and Greet
                                    Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
                                      NO...they have plenty of other places to do that...they have a whole show for it in Tomorrowland where they fight DARTHER VADER.....how about Pirates Lair? Put it there they have room...of heck why does Pirates lair not count as an area for boys/girls to use there imaginations

It's one of the down right nicest places in the park, its not that big of a space and they have to ruin it by selling something...I'll just hope it fails like Duffy did
                                      Perhaps those were poor choice in words. What I mean is that girls have the fantasy fair, bibity bobity boutique and the majority of the characters running around catering to them. All the boys have is the Jedi training academy.

Comment

Originally posted by JerrodDRagon View Post

I don't wish failure upon it necessarily, nor am I really even that upset. It's temporary. I just think the Court of Angels may have been a poor choice to choose as far as location goes. Although, on the other side of that like I stated above - it is out of the way for the most part and I'm sure will suffice for what they need to do.

Is Pirates Lair what they are calling the stupid overlay on TSI? If so, that is already out of the question. Pinrar and myself discussed the reasons why it couldn't be used for this event.

Comment

Pirate's Lair on Tom Sawyer's Island is a place for running around, doing stuff, getting hot and sweaty and all of that. That does not go together with getting face makeup *at all*. If my son played first, he would be dripping with sweat and the makeup woudln't stick. If he did it first, he would either sweat off the makeup in the first 5 minutes, or we would go there, get the makeover, and leave the island, which would result in a really frustrated 1/3 of my family.

Does no one remember that they had a holiday shop there for at least one season? They like using it as a temporary spot for things. If the idea takes off, though, it would be a nightmare for them to make it permanent there; where do the lines GO? They would almost certainly have to find a different spot for it. And since CoA is outdoors, what if it rains?

Someone on the thread asked if adults do it. The blog says it's for guests 3 and up. There are pictures of adults with the makeovers done on them in the info. Yes, adults get it done.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X