Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Pirate's League Comes To Disneyland Park!

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Pirate's League Comes To Disneyland Park!

Originally posted by Malina View Post
    Well, the blog has one photo of a boy pirate and one photo of a girl...it seems pretty 50-50 there.

I just worry that when we constantly say things are "for boys" or "for girls" we're shoving kids into very strict gender roles, and we're alienating the ones who don't want to fit that. Like the boys who might like the BBB or girls who want to be pirates.
    Well to be realistic, there are not a whole lot of boys that are interested in going to the PFF or the BBB. Pirates are great for both sexes, but in regards to the current offerings it is definitely something that specifically gives the BOYS of disneyland a magical experience that the girls currently get in droves.

Comment

Originally posted by ohmyjustin View Post
      Yeah! Between Pirates of the Caribbean and...um...Peter Pan! And...uh, the band in NOS! Yeah, down with pirates!
      you forgot Pirate's Lair ; )

Comment

Well, this is cool. Being in an all-girl family, except for my dad, I often forget about the little boys. After going to DL with some family friends I realized little boys do like to dress up too! (I know we've all seen little boy pirates or Peter Pans. One time I saw a by dressed up as Cinderella!) So, this will be good for little boys and maybe their adventurous dads.

But..........it's limited, right? So that means it'll be gone or at least moved from the Court de Anges by Christmas decorating time, right? I'm selfish and I love that area during Christmas time! It makes some for some great photo ops and a stop on the Christmas tour. I'm sure if it's a big hit there's somewhere else it can be put?
        sigpic...After a YEAR I finally was able to figure out my password again! I'm baaack! Woohoo!(:
        Disney is my life <3
        Thank Walt for all he did! <3
        Future Imagineer <3
        Keep Disney the way Walt intended it!!

Comment

We are super excited about it! Sure it cost money, but it will be AWESOME! As a Mom who lives in a boy filled house I know we will be spending our money there. And if they do the mermaid makeover, I'm all in!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
            The magic comes from within each and every guest.
            For some it may be facepainting, for others it may be tapping the lamp posts on Main Street, as they walk by. The form of "magic" is going to be different for everyone. Implying that someone paying for a little more "magic" is doing it wrong (or the experience is not magical) is as silly as me pointing out that any Disney traditions not held by me are against the wishes of Mr. Disney.

Originally posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
            Disneyland should be a magical place for all guests free of additional charge instead of forcing them to pay a premium for it.
            The Park began its existence with an admission price and a ticket per ride fee on top of that(of course you could save money by purchasing tickets in bulk). The tickets were the additional fee to experience the "magic".
            Last edited by Timicus; 08-03-2012, 12:49 PM.
            Feel free to add me as a friend on Facebook (Just mention MiceChat)

"The thing that makes us different is our way of thinking, our judgement and experience acquired over the years. Giving it 'heart.' Others haven't understood the public. We developed a psychological approach to everything we do here. We seem to know when to 'tap the heart.' Others have hit the intellect. We can hit them in an emotional way. Those that appeal to the intellect only appeal to a very limited group. Let's not let the mechanics get in here and foul the whole thing." -Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by Santoanderson View Post
              Pirates is what's popular at the moment. Who knows; maybe that Guillermo Del Toro Haunted Mansion movie that's been rumored for a while will end up making a billion dollars, and that'll turn NOS into Haunted Mansion land for a couple of years.

I'm totally down with Pirates! But that would be awesome too!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
              Working...
              X