Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ever try to recreate Disneyland food at home?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Ever try to recreate Disneyland food at home?

Hey there fellow foodies,

With the vast number of recipes online, as well as those you can request at Disneyland's city hall, I was wondering if you've ever made something that they serve at the park?

I love to cook as a hobby, and as a Disney fan I also like to collect certain recipes.

So far, here's what I've made. All of them have turn out almost exactly like the park:

1) Monte Cristo Sandwich (a lot of work, but worth it)
    2) Clam Chowder

Here's the next stuff I'm working on:

1) Tahitian Terrace Combo - Pineapple BBQ Ribs, Cantonese Rice, and Catamaran Salad
    2) Dole Whip

Disneyland - 1982 to Present
    Walt Disney World - 1996, 2011
    Tokyo Disney Resort - 2013
    Hong Kong Disneyland - 2013

Re: Ever try to recreate Disneyland food at home?

Absolutely! I made a very fine monte cristo sandwich for myself, complete with the raspberry jam sauce! It was awesome, and pretty easy! But painful, no splatter screen :P

Comment

A friend of mine got me Dole Whip mix straight from Hawaii. Wasn't quite the same as the whip in the park, but it worked out pretty well in my ice cream maker at home!

Comment

Weird timing as I was just looking up the recipe to make the Banyan Beef Skewers at home. I found a recipe and fingers crossed it comes out as good. That sauce is addictive.

Comment

So far I've made monte cristo sandwiches. I love sandwiches. Dreamer 28, yes lots of splatter.

Comment

I've had two of the official Disney theme park cookbooks for years but I think I've only made two things so far! Sad, but true. I've made the meatloaf from 50's Prime Time at DHS and the "Kartoffelsalat" (potato salad) from the Biergarten at Epcot. But thanks for reminding me, I really need to dig out those books and start cooking!

Comment

I cook disney food all the time. It helps me get through those depressing times between trips, lol.
              Clam chowder is one of my favorites. I've also done beef kefta with Moroccan chili sauce, monte cristos, Bengal BBQ skewers, and a few others.
              In fact, I am planning to make the corn chowder from Storyteller's sometime this week as well. I hope that one turns out well. It is my all-time favorite dish from the resort.

Comment

This sounds like an amazing idea for a themed party. Does anyone use those recipes you can get from City Hall?

Comment

Originally posted by ohmyjustin View Post
                  This sounds like an amazing idea for a themed party. Does anyone use those recipes you can get from City Hall?
                  Yes, that's where I got the clam chowder and monte cristo recipes

I'm thinking of making a batch of the clam chowder, and packing it as lunch at the parks one day. Does that sound ghetto?

Comment

Originally posted by 14 MPH View Post

I'm thinking of making a batch of the clam chowder, and packing it as lunch at the parks one day. Does that sound ghetto?
                    Lol no! That sounds like a good idea! Love your thinking :thumbup:

"So make the best of this test and don't ask why. It's not a question but a lesson learned in time."- Green Day
                    "The harder you work, the luckier you get."- Billie Joe Armstrong
                    "This is my rage. This is my love. This is my town. This is my city. This is my life."

Comment

Haven't made anything I can think of. I would love to make Dole Whip or especially Dole Whip Float. Anything coming close is getting my mom to get a whole turkey, just I can have turkey legs for Thanksgiving.
                      Hayley B. - MiceChat's very own Delawarean. :bow:

Join MiceChat Gold.

Comment

Originally posted by 14 MPH View Post

I'll have to pick up some recipes next time I go. Maybe not for the monte cristos because I fear labor-intensive foods, but I'm sure they'll have something for me.

Comment

Originally posted by ohmyjustin View Post
                          I'll have to pick up some recipes next time I go. Maybe not for the monte cristos because I fear labor-intensive foods, but I'm sure they'll have something for me.
                          Here's a website that has the most common recipes:

Disneylandrecipes

Comment

Not technically 'Disneyland', however, I've been working on perfecting the Grapefruit Cake served at the Brown Derby at DHS. c;
                            My goal in life is to be a tumblr famous Jungle Cruise Skipper.
                            Gotta dream big.
                            El Blog

Comment

I like to think that I cook better food than what is served at Disneyland.....
                              "I do not like to repeat successes. I like to go on to other things." - Walt Disney

Comment

I got the Mint Julep recipe from City Hall once because I thought I'd be able to make it at home. Um...no. Never did. Since I've burned pots just trying to boil water, I didn't want to try it.

It's okay, Given the amount of sugar in those things, it's probably better to save them as occasional Disneyland treats.
                                Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

Comment

I cooked Walts Famous Chilli a few times and it was the best chilli I have ever eaten

Comment

We have done a Disneyland Birthday Party on 7/17 where we made food from the park recipe books. We also themed the party games to Disney. It was a great excuse for all our Disney Fan freinds and family to use our recipes and share our passion.
                                    "...It's dead wore out I be...a might too fast these light footed wenches be, for the likes of an old swagbellied pirate such as I..."

"*click-click-click-click-click-click-click.......sploosh!!*"(Sir Didymus)

Comment

I would die and go to heaven if I had the recipe for that gumbo they serve at the Blue Bayou and Cafe Orleans!! SO good!! Ugggh my mouth is watering thinking about it!
                                      ..:: DLR Trips: 1994, 1999, 2012 ::..

Comment

@14MPH

Do you have the recipe for the Tahitian Terrace Combo?
                                        Disneyland Historic Preservation Society
                                        Charter Member

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X