X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mrfantasmic
    replied
    Ahh... the Tiki room is finally grand again!

Leave a comment:

• AaronInCal
    replied
    I read somewhere else (can't remember, sorry) that they pulled a couple people from Indy last night to keep the Tiki room open until park closing. So it's possible that was one of the CMs I saw. Since it was a soft opening, they may not have had the CMs in their actual Tiki costumes. So hopefully today it will be known what they will be wearing.

Leave a comment:

• thndrmtnskp
    replied
    Originally posted by AaronInCal
    For tonight, the CM work khaki tan pants and a white shirt. I can't remember, but I think they wore Hawaiian shirts before the Tiki Room closed?

There are some pics already up over on MIBoards for anyone who is interested.. Here's the link:

http://www.miboards.com/forums/showt...9&page=3&pp=10
    i hope that tiki cast members will be getting new costumes before the summer. rumor was that they were supposed to get stuff specially designed by shag. no official word yet though. keep your figers crossed.
    Last edited by thndrmtnskp; 03-12-2005, 01:23 PM.

Leave a comment:

• MegarooFifi
    replied
    Originally posted by merlinjones
    I can't wait to see it - - but I second the motion for a return to the aloha shirts and mumus - - that new Tiki Room shirt by Shag should become the new costume!

That's an AWESOME idea. I think the cast members would like it too!

Argh, I hate websites that refuse to let you view things without registering. I know there's some reasoning behind it, but it's just annoying for those of us who just want to pop over and view pictures.

Anyways, I'm LOVING the new Tiki Room... I think it looks fabulous!

Anymore pictures anyone?

Leave a comment:

• Goin2DL
    replied
    I'll be there Monday, I am so excited to see it!

Leave a comment:

• CrazyDreamer
    replied
    Can't wait to see it!

Leave a comment:

• merlinjones
    replied
    I can't wait to see it - - but I second the motion for a return to the aloha shirts and mumus - - that new Tiki Room shirt by Shag should become the new costume!

Leave a comment:

• fearsnda
    replied
    Originally posted by AaronInCal
    For tonight, the CM work khaki tan pants and a white shirt. I can't remember, but I think they wore Hawaiian shirts before the Tiki Room closed?

There are some pics already up over on MIBoards for anyone who is interested.. Here's the link:

You know those pictures reminded me of something else. Strollers. When are they going to get better stroller parking for this location? The new patio looks FANTASTIC, if you can see past the mountain of strollers, diaper bags and the cheap plastic crap attached to them.

Sorry. I am feeling really complainy today.

Leave a comment:

• AaronInCal
    replied
    Originally posted by GoldenEars
    What I want to know is...do the cast members who work the Tiki Room have their original costumes back? You remember, the bright/neon orange shirts (for the guys) and the bright/neon orange *moo-moos* that the girls wore. That would make it complete!

I'm going to Park first thing tomorrow morning (with my best friend) to see the new/improved show, and I'm super excited about it!

Patrick

Leave a comment:

• DisneyMickey
    replied
    :d

Leave a comment:

• DisneyMickey
    replied
    Will anyone get a video??

Leave a comment:

• fearsnda
    replied
    Originally posted by GeneralShang
    Just put in the complaint using a fake name! Unless you're a Guest Relations CM and they know you... I guess that would be a problem then.
    I never thought about that. I don't really know City Hall's CMs as I work in the depths of hell behind Toon Town. Hmmmmm.... Maybe I shall complain about the dancing tiki lunatics under an assumed name. Hmmmm.... Maybe not, don't wanna lose my job... Oh oh oh! I should just make my wife complain!

Leave a comment:

• mistyisjafo
    replied
    Originally posted by MasterGracey
    I will post some photos sometime tomorrow
    Ohhhhh! I can't wait!! My best friend was here last year when it was down and she was so sad that she didn't get to go and see it. I can't wait for your pics so I can send her the link!!

Leave a comment:

• wolfy
    replied
    Was also by there this evening, crowd wasn't too large when we went by. Daughter & Hubby wanted to go on Astro Blasters, so we decided to put off Tiki Room for another day. I really wanted to see the new show, but was out voted. Checked this right away to get some opinion on the improved show, as always you guys always come through. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• DisneyFunGuy
    replied
    What I want to know is...do the cast members who work the Tiki Room have their original costumes back? You remember, the bright/neon orange shirts (for the guys) and the bright/neon orange *moo-moos* that the girls wore. That would make it complete!

I'm going to Park first thing tomorrow morning (with my best friend) to see the new/improved show, and I'm super excited about it!

Patrick

Leave a comment:

• Alchimedes
    replied
    Great to hear the Tiki Room is back*loads Tiki song* These are happy days!!!
    Thanks for the update!!!

Do they still have the Exit door where people can leave anytime, or did they put a stop to that?

Leave a comment:

• GeneralShang
    replied
    Just put in the complaint using a fake name! Unless you're a Guest Relations CM and they know you... I guess that would be a problem then.

I can't wait to see the new Tiki Room! Have to admit I was never really a Tiki fan and would only go every once in a while -- but I'm interested to see the improvements in the colors and stuff!
    "In the tiki tiki tiki tiki tiki room!"

Leave a comment:

• fearsnda
    replied
    Originally posted by captveg
    Just out of curiosity...

Does Jose still say "Gracias Senorita" at the beginning? Or have they de-genderfied it?
    My wife and I happened to be in the park and wander by when it had just opened up for the sneak-peak and we saw the show. The courtyard looks amazing! The show is fresher and the colors and sounds are bright and clear! The crowd and line for the attraction was HUGE!

However there are still some wall-tiki problems, the birds of paradise seem to be the main perpetrators of the clacking and yes Jose still says "Gracias Senorita".

On another note, it really irks me that certain Cast Members STILL dance and act foolish during the bird-go-round portion of the show. It's pandering and dumb and should be stopped! I can't complain to City Hall because I am a CM and we're not allowed to complain... so some of you people should! I think that these CMs forget that there is a fine line between enhancing the show and being/ruining the show. Harumph! Blessedly, Maynard was not working because he is the worst perpetrator... Oy!

- fearsnda

Leave a comment:

• MasterGracey
    replied
    Originally posted by captveg
    Just out of curiosity...

Does Jose still say "Gracias Senorita" at the beginning? Or have they de-genderfied it?
    Yes, Jose still has his "senorita" line. As far as I could tell, nothing was changed as far as the sountrack goes other than the fact that the audio sounded clearer and crisper.

Leave a comment:

• captveg
    replied
    Just out of curiosity...

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X