This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News GlowEar fans and Fantasmic !

Good news for GlowEars fans.. I was walking by the riverfront tonight after park hours (we got stuck at splash) anyways they had glow ears places all over the fantasmic viewing area and the tech people were testing them out... So just assuming but pretty sure that glow ears will be working durring fantasmic very soon

Re: GlowEar fans and Fantasmic !

While I think it works for WOC....I think ths show will not be as "enhanced" by the ears....I'll wait to pass final thoughts but..I'm not really for this for Fantasmic
    Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

I agree.. Maybe fore fireworks it would be nice, but I feel that people should be paying attention to the great show right in front of them.not the ears...

Comment

I feel like this could actually sort of ruin the show if you were standing in the back. They turn off all the surrounding lights during the show for a reason.

Comment

Just a personal opinion but I'm kind of getting sick of these hats Disney is trying force down everyone's throat at $25 a pop. They spend millions of dollars creating and operating shows and now they want the attention turned on the blinking heads in the audience. Terribly distracting for those who choose not to glow. They are probably working on editing a full glow with the show souvenir DVD right now. Guess what? Another $25.
          Writing about all things Disney, a couple of paragraphs at a time

http://disneylandtraveler.blogspot.com/

75,000+ page views and counting.

Comment

^Where can I pre-order the DVD? Also will it come out on BluRay?

Comment

It's my understanding that the Glow with the Show ears aren't meant to be the spectacle but enhance it in your peripherals or with quick glances. It'll be frustrating though because it'll be another two-three inches above people's heads that you can't see if you're in the back. Considering that the viewing area doesn't have many varying heights, it'll be awful for shorter guests.

Comment

if they are used VERY sparingly, I think they could enhance Fantasmic. i.e. maybe when tinkerbell sprinkles the island with pixiedust and all the strobes go off. If they are used even a small fraction as extensively as they do in WOC, it will be overkill.

Comment

I'm happy that GWTS is coming somewhere to Disneyland, though I've never seen/watched a video of Fantasmic before so I don't really know if it would be a positive or negative addition to the show. I wish they would sync it up to the area music of each land somehow, or glow different colors depending on the land your in. Maybe in line in Star Tours it could light up for a second when the Star Tours "chime" goes on, or sync it to the Ghost Galaxy effects on the outside of Space Mountain during Halloween. I'd rather them add stuff like that rather than add it to shows.

Comment

oh no. that is a bummer. i hope people will not wear those everyday to fantasmic. because sooner or later it will become annoying or if its not happening now at least in my opinion. woc can keep those ear things

Comment

You guys are missing one of the biggest features of the IR control.

THEY CAN TURN THE HATS OFF!

therefore turning them off in places they don't enhance...

Comment

As much as I have seen of GWTS it is no more distracting that other "glow" merch that guest buy and brandish all over the park, during shows, in rides, in lines, and particularly in the front row. In reply to pinkerton possibly the best feature is they can shut them off making them less distracting during the show... something you cant do with other hats, swords, light sabers, pendants, lanyards, glow sticks and light up spinners. I for one think the creative types will use good judgement and only enhance the show. WOC is about Color and light, F! is all about the characters and emotions, fear, love, vulnerability, adventure, and magic. Lets give them a chance and see what happens, besides it cant be any worse than a constantly broken dragon and a pirate ship that needs its own tow truck.

Comment

I wonder if they do effects when the Twain breaks down, or a pyro shoots into the crowd.
                          DisneyTwins
                          Since May 2003

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X