Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Public access to Club 33? Al's Miceage comments...

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Public access to Club 33? Al's Miceage comments...

What does Al mean by Club 33 and 1901 allowing public access in his comments on Miceage today?

Re: Public access to Club 33? Al's Miceage comments...

Originally posted by BurningStroller View Post
    What does Al mean by Club 33 and 1901 allowing public access in his comments on Miceage today?
    It means Club 33 members are getting screwed. Again.

(To see how they got screwed the first time, check out this thread and this one.)
    "Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
    it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
    together with every variety of recreation and fun,
    designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
    - Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
    - Bob Chapek

Comment

The Club is no longer private. You can have access to Club 33 with various public tours, D-23 events, Adventures by Disney, guests can rent the club for private parties via Disney Meetings (the group and convention arm of Disneyland) and countless other methods. Knowing a member is no longer needed.

There is a much larger thread on the changes to Club 33 membership that was started in December of 2011. I correctly warned everyone that the changes were designed to empty the club in order to double the membership ranks and to bring in new revenue. Disney could have easily doubled the membership by reducing non-member reservations but keeping the venue a private club and keeping membership prices where they were. When they more than tripled the membership dues and started allowing access via different methods that did not require a membership, their plan backfired. The blatant cash-grab always ends bad and it is sad that the members are the ones affected. I have every confidence that the members who were on the fence about their renewal last year will not renew this year.

---------- Post added 08-09-2012 at 08:37 AM ----------

Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
      It means Club 33 members are getting screwed. Again.

(To see how they got screwed the first time, check out this thread and this one.)
      I couldn't agree more but please remember everyone was warned. It is kind or hard to feel sorry for those who continue to believe the lies year after year and keep going back only to pay for their punishment. I feel for those who remained members but the writing was on the wall for all to see.

Comment

I always thought paying for membership to only a private restaurant is a bad idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Disneynut View Post
          The Club is no longer private. You can have access to Club 33 with various public tours, D-23 events, Adventures by Disney, guests can rent the club for private parties via Disney Meetings (the group and convention arm of Disneyland) and countless other methods. Knowing a member is no longer needed.

Micenation

Comment

Any idea how a casual visitor could gain access to one of either 33 or 1901 during a week long trip?

Comment

<shrugs> At least I got to go when Club 33 still meant something...
              Disneyland Historic Preservation Society
              Charter Member

Comment

Judging from the amount of people going there now, Apparently it means little to the current members. I still dislike the idea of opening it up.
                DisneyTwins
                Since May 2003

Comment

Any idea how a casual visitor could gain access to one of either 33 or 1901 during a week long trip?
                  Book a VIP Premium tour, and if there is availability at the club, they will try and work you in. 1901 is harder.
                  If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Comment

Originally posted by Broadway Guru View Post
                    This.

Comment

Last couple of times I had lunch at the club, it was like a ghost town in there.
                      sigpic

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Comment

Those are like $250 and hour... hmm... have you tried it? I might do this.

Comment

Originally posted by Broadway Guru View Post
                          Ditto....

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
                          all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

Originally posted by penguinsoda View Post
                            Ditto....
                            Yep, same here....

Although, do we have absolute confirmation on this or is Al just speculating? And is it just for the VIP tours and not necessarily for the off the street guest?

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the VIP tours come with a 6hr minimum and are $300/hr. Soooo, $1800 for your own personal SuperFastPass and a maybe chance of getting into C33. I do not believe the VIP tour guides have access to 1901 at all.
                              Just countin' the days til the next visit!

Comment

Yes, the VIP tour is $299 an hour with a 6 hour minimum. You get backdoored into every ride with FastPass and possibly others. There was an entire guide to the VIP tour just posted on another Disney website (it always makes me laugh).
                                Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.

Comment

I can understand why some people are upset about the possibility of Club 33 not being exclusive in the future, but it the cost to play is still going to be expensive. To be able to have lunch or dinner in such a private club without paying the exorbitant fees membership/yearly fees will be a lovely experience for many guests.

Personally, if I had another chance to have dinner there I would jump at it! We had such a wonderful time though I was, sadly, low on time. Getting to visit again would mean the world to me! I just don't have the expendable income it takes to become a member.

And dinner at Club 33 will always mean something if you have had a chance to dine. I don't feel giving more people access will ever sully my experience or make it any less wonderful than it was.
                                  <3 There are a million cupcakes in the world but only one is Cupcake Terror. <3

I AM THE REBEL SPY.

Comment

Originally posted by Disneymike View Post
                                    Yep, same here....

Although, do we have absolute confirmation on this or is Al just speculating? And is it just for the VIP tours and not necessarily for the off the street guest?
                                    VIP tours, D23 events, and Adventures by Disney. No walk-up dining...yet.
                                    Disneyland Historic Preservation Society
                                    Charter Member

Comment

the writing was on the wall for a while now. It's no secret that Disney has wanted to sell the unique experience of being at the Club. A lot of older members will argue that what made the Club what it is today disappeared long before Disney made the membership changes.
                                      "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

sigpic

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Comment

I've been to Club 33 a few times and both visits were underwhelming. I will never never never understand the craziness that people actually pay thousands of dollars to eat at a freakin restaurant. Talk about Disney completely brain washing their fans.

I'm glad that it's no longer "private" or "exclusive". Maybe people will finally learn how they were robbed right under their own noses. Complete nonsense!
                                        "If you can dream it, you can do it" - Walt Disney

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X