X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• frollofan
    replied
    Re: If you could move a DL ride to DCA ?

I take back what I said about Buzz Lightyear. Instead, I think Pinnochio's Daring Journey would work nicely on Paradise Pier.

Leave a comment:

• ducktalesfan5555
    replied

I agree with some posters with moving Toontown to DCA; maybe where Bug's Land currently is. Toon Town would make more sense in DCA!

One poster had an interesting idea of moving Snow White (turned into an D/E ticket) in the Carthay Theatre. That would be awesome, but don't think there's space.

Leave a comment:

• calsig31
    replied

Originally posted by gatheringrosebuds View Post
    Besides the fact that BLAB doesn't remotely fit into the theme of the park, DCA already has an interactive game where guests use a shooting device to earn points and compete against their fellow rider. Based on characters from the same franchise! Yes, the stories behind the two are different, one is just Boardwalk-style games and has more of a story behind it about defeating the evil Zurg, but I still think it's too similar to Toy Story Mania!, IMO.
    Very true. There is no need to have more than one shooter ride per park.

Leave a comment:

• gatheringrosebuds
    replied

Originally posted by calsig31 View Post
    Or they could put in something that fits the theme in both parks. Sorry, but with the money the just spent trying to fix and clean up CA Adventure dumping a ride, even a great one like Buzz Lightyear, over there if it is out of theme is just wrong.
    Besides the fact that BLAB doesn't remotely fit into the theme of the park, DCA already has an interactive game where guests use a shooting device to earn points and compete against their fellow rider. Based on characters from the same franchise! Yes, the stories behind the two are different, one is just Boardwalk-style games and has more of a story behind it about defeating the evil Zurg, but I still think it's too similar to Toy Story Mania!, IMO.

Leave a comment:

• calsig31
    replied

Originally posted by monster heck View Post
    I'd rather risk "offending" DCA at the cost of doing something special with Tomorrowland real estate. Disneyland grounds are extremely sacred in my book.
    Or they could put in something that fits the theme in both parks. Sorry, but with the money the just spent trying to fix and clean up CA Adventure dumping a ride, even a great one like Buzz Lightyear, over there if it is out of theme is just wrong.

Leave a comment:

• monster heck
    replied

Sorry, but I just don't see how Buzz fits into California. While as a toy, he doesn't really fit that well into Tomorrowland, why mess things up even more by putting him someplace even more out of theme?
    I'd rather risk "offending" DCA at the cost of doing something special with Tomorrowland real estate. Disneyland grounds are extremely sacred in my book.

Leave a comment:

• chadb14
    replied

Mover Roger Rabbit to Hollywood Land - it could be put in the old Millionaire building or where the muppets are now.

Then turn Toon Town into something more worthwhile.

Leave a comment:

• gatheringrosebuds
    replied

Originally posted by TCadillac View Post
    Take Innovations and drown it in the World of Color
    Genius. This idea deserves a resounding round of applause. :thumbup:

Leave a comment:

• frollofan
    replied

Originally posted by TCadillac View Post
    ftw

Leave a comment:

• TCadillac
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Nemo123
    replied

Get rid of Bugs land, Move Roger Rabbit to that spot, remove toon town.

Leave a comment:

• JerrodDRagon
    replied

I don't think any Disneyland ride really fits into DCA as it....maybe is Roger Rabbit was redo to be him in Hollywood/toontown's Hollywood

But I'd go with moving the County Bears to Grizzly Peak, not only will it have it's normal show but it's Christmas show too...finally adding some real Christmas to DCA which I have found it has been lacking

Leave a comment:

• calsig31
    replied

Originally posted by frollofan View Post
    If Buzz was put somewhere like Paradise Pier that already has games and tsmm, it might fit loosely with a properly themed facade and queue. It may not fit into the California theme, but so do many other rides and attractions already there sadly.
    It has been mentioned several times in different threads that past thematic violations are no justification for additional ones. That is a very slippery slope. Disney has been getting their act together lately with CA Adventure, no need to take steps backward.

Leave a comment:

• Pinrar
    replied

Autopia for sure. Make it a ride in a talking jeep ride in cars land where you explore the caves of taillight caverns. Save space by making portions of the tracks run on top and crisscross over each other.

Leave a comment:

• frollofan
    replied

Sorry, but I just don't see how Buzz fits into California. While as a toy, he doesn't really fit that well into Tomorrowland, why mess things up even more by putting him someplace even more out of theme?
    If Buzz was put somewhere like Paradise Pier that already has games and tsmm, it might fit loosely with a properly themed facade and queue. It may not fit into the California theme, but so do many other rides and attractions already there sadly.

Leave a comment:

• matman730
    replied
    If it were Disney Utah Adventure, then BTMRR would work. Otherwise, no.

(Cars Land is already thematically questionable, with its Colorado Plateau setting.)

Leave a comment:

• calsig31
    replied
    Originally posted by frollofan View Post
    Buzz Lightyear
    Originally posted by monster heck View Post
    Buzz. See ya.

Leave a comment:

• Quarar44
    replied

Country Bear Jamboree!

Leave a comment:

• toonaspie
    replied

Roger Rabbit's Cartoon Spin (to Hollywood Land)
    Autopia (to Carsland complete with the Cars movie theming)
    Big Thunder Mountain Railroad (to Grizzly Peak with a retheme similar to HK's Grizzly Gulch)

Leave a comment:

• Krack
    replied

Originally posted by Bronco21 View Post
    Country Bear Jamboree since it was originally designed for a Ski resort in California would fit perfectly in Grizzly Peak.
    I think this makes the most sense.

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X