Going to Mickey's Halloween Party 1 of our 4 days- should we reduce the park hopper?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Aimee
    New MiceChatter
    • Jun 2012

[Question] Going to Mickey's Halloween Party 1 of our 4 days- should we reduce the park hopper?

Hello All,
    We'll be in the parks Mon 10/15-Thurs 10/18 so we have 4 day park hoppers. Since DLR closes early during this time of year and we have Halloween tickets for Mon 10/15 would it be more cost effective to have tix to DCA ONLY for that day since my understanding is that we can get into DLR early with the Halloween tix. I got to thinking that it doesn't make much sense to have the 4 day hopper and then spend an additional $64 a person. Am I making sense? Thank you all for your input.
    Last edited by Aimee; 08-09-2012, 08:43 PM.
  • swampymarsh
    Under that tree again!
    • Nov 2011

Re: Going to Mickey's Halloween Party 1 of our 4 days- should we reduce the park hopp

You can enter Disneyland at 3pm for the Tuesday parties.

The problem many people have had is they used to get by fine with doing one park per day tickets. Then Carsland opens and they want to go to it everyday. Have you seen Carsland? Is this going to happen to you?

If you want to save money maybe just get a 3 day hopper and only go to the party that 4th day.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Comment

• powMeow
      New MiceChatter
      • Jul 2012

Is three hours enough to enjoy the other rides that won't be open during mickeys halloween party? We're planning on going oct 1st and 2nd. Maybe looking at DCA on the 1st then DL on the 2nd leading into Mickeys halloween party that night.

Comment

• Eeee-va
        I love that tiny bear!
        • Oct 2005

Re: Going to Mickey's Halloween Party 1 of our 4 days- should we reduce the park hopp

Aimee, for each adult ticket, I believe your choices are:

4-day hoppers $275 + $64 (party) = $339
        3-day hoppers $250 + $64 (party) = $314 (-$25 from 4-day hoppers)
        4-day, 1 park $245 + $64 (party) = $309 (-$30 from 4-day hoppers)
        3-day, 1 park $220 + $64 (party) = $284 (-$55 from 4-day hoppers)

Single-day, 1-park tickets are $87, so you can't really save by buying a 1-park ticket for DCA one day.

I don't know how big your party is, or how many people you're paying for. I only have to buy my own ticket so I usually don't balk at an extra $30 spent once a year or less...but if you're buying tickets for a family of 6, that $30 per person is a lot of money!

I prefer park hopper tickets if you can swing it. They just give you a lot more flexibility. If one park is busier you can migrate to the other and you don't have to plan half as much.

Looking at the numbers, the only big savings I see is if you do 3-day, 1-park tickets (so on party day, you wouldn't enter any parks until 3 PM). I wouldn't recommend that in your case. I don't think the parks will be open late hours your other days (so you probably won't need/want to relax until the party starts on your party day). And Swampymarsh's point about Cars Land is a good point. If you think you would be happy spending 2.5 days in DCA (2 regular days, first half of party day) and 1.5 days in DL (party and 1 regular day), or 1.5 days in DCA and 2.5 days in DL, then maybe a 4-day, 1-park ticket would be a good idea. Otherwise, I think I'd go for the hoppers, even if it's 3-day.

(Radiator Springs Racers has downtimes, so you may need more than 1.5 days in DCA to even ride it a few times.)

powMeow, I don't know what your priorities are. Most rides/attractions that are normally open all night are open during the party. If I recall correctly, unsurprising closures include Toontown (which closes for fireworks anyway), Tom Sawyer Island (always closes at night) and Rivers of America transportation (often closed for Fantasmic! on a normal night). I think Captain EO, Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln, and Innoventions also close for the party. I can't think of anything else off the top of my head (except restaurants).

Disneyland will be BUSY the few hours before the party starts, though.
        Daily Duffy Archive! Adventures with Duffy, ShellieMay, or Gelatoni, updated regularly!

Daily updates on Facebook!

Comment

• swampymarsh
          Under that tree again!
          • Nov 2011

Originally posted by powMeow View Post
          Is three hours enough to enjoy the other rides that won't be open during mickeys halloween party? We're planning on going oct 1st and 2nd. Maybe looking at DCA on the 1st then DL on the 2nd leading into Mickeys halloween party that night.
          Surely. Really only a handful of rides close during the party. But do you want to fit the other 40 rides in during the party? Probably not, since you should go to the party for party only things.

Unless you go to Disneyland often you want to max out your time in the parks. There is a lot to experience.
          Be Cool Stay in School!

Comment

• Kevin Noty
            MiceChatter
            • Jun 2011

I dont remember anything being shut down last year during the MHP except POTC but that was down for a refurb

Comment

• swampymarsh
              Under that tree again!
              • Nov 2011

Originally posted by Kevin Noty View Post
              I dont remember anything being shut down last year during the MHP except POTC but that was down for a refurb

The ROA attractions close even though the park is open late with no F! scheduled.
              Be Cool Stay in School!

Comment

• powMeow
                New MiceChatter
                • Jul 2012

This might be off topic but is WOC getting a halloween overlay? That would be awesome. I def am doing DCA on the first so I can see WOC and take in all of mickeys halloween party in the second. I was at DCA in jan of last year and didn't know about the fast pass for WOC, we got stuck behind mickeys fun wheel. Def want to get the full experience of it this time. Might get GWTS ears too!

Comment

• dougeebear
                  Halloween 2011
                  • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Kevin Noty View Post
                  Originally posted by swampymarsh View Post
                  The ROA attractions close even though the park is open late with no F! scheduled.
                  And Toontown closes, so no Roger Rabbit CarTOON Spin.

Comment

• Aimee
                    New MiceChatter
                    • Jun 2012

Thanks for the great advice everyone! Considering we're from Portland and this is our first trip since 1999 I think we'll keep the 4 day hopper. Of the 4 of us the kids have never been and my husband & I went in '99 so we have a lot to see & do in those 4 days!

Comment

• Eeee-va
                      I love that tiny bear!
                      • Oct 2005

Originally posted by powMeow View Post
                      This might be off topic but is WOC getting a halloween overlay? That would be awesome. I def am doing DCA on the first so I can see WOC and take in all of mickeys halloween party in the second. I was at DCA in jan of last year and didn't know about the fast pass for WOC, we got stuck behind mickeys fun wheel. Def want to get the full experience of it this time. Might get GWTS ears too!
                      I'd be somewhat surprised if it gets a full Halloween overlay, because it hasn't been announced yet. If I recall, it hasn't even been rumored yet? It's not impossible, though.

I think more likely would probably be a Halloween intro, like they did for Prep and Landing, or a spooky ending added near the end. Or "nothing" is a possibility as well!
                      Daily Duffy Archive! Adventures with Duffy, ShellieMay, or Gelatoni, updated regularly!

Daily updates on Facebook!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X