What would Michael Eisner think of DCA 2.0?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WDW1971
    Suspended
    • Jul 2011

[Question] What would Michael Eisner think of DCA 2.0?

How do you think Michael Eisner would think about DCA 2.0 and how his creation was totally transformed? I wonder what his impression of the new park is.
  • Prometheus
    Tokyo Disney Sea Cast
    • Feb 2012

Re: What would Michael Eisner think of DCA 2.0?

I guess he'll think how his ideas sucked and he'll be glad his garbage now turned into something clean and great!
    Tokyo Disneyland Crew!

Currently working at:: Journey to the Center of the Earth!

Comment

• orbitalpunk
      Majestic Falcon
      MiceChat Moderator
      • Sep 2005

he'd tell everyone they spent too much money but then secretly fall in love with RSR

Micenation

Comment

• Mr Wiggins

• Jan 2005

It's as impossible to know what Michael Eisner thinks of DCA 2.0 as it is to know what Walt Disney thinks of it.

One's alive and one's dead, but there the similarity ends.
        "Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
        it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
        together with every variety of recreation and fun,
        designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
        - Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
        - Bob Chapek

Comment

• jcruise86
          former CM

• Jul 2006

"You're welcome for creating the park that gave birth to what is maturing so well today.
          Like Soarin'? You're welcome. Like the Animation building? You're welcome.
          Like the Grand Californian lobby? You're welcome. I could go on, but you'll never appreciate what I've done, so I'll just have to console myself with the half billion dollars & my Malibu compound that I was rewarded with despite that everyone apparently hated everything I ever created. Do you know that I presided over Disneyland for about twice as long as Walt did? I certainly worked better with Frank Wells than I later did without him, but are Lennon & McCartney's songs worthless because they later were not quite as successful without each other? (Oh, and Jeffrey, I'm sorry. Your subsequent success has proven me wrong about you. I guess I should have listened to you more and Jay R. & Paul P. less.) Ratchatters, I'd list all of the attractions and shows that were created under my watch or were derived from movies that were created under my watch, but you're not really worth my time & energy, are you? My grandkids and possibly even my great grandkids will be very well taken care of. Thank you for that."

--Michael Eisner

Those views expressed by "Michael Eisner" above are not necessarily those of Jcruise86; this is just what I imagine he might think. My own views of Michael Eisner are closer to the silly history of the Disney company I wrote in post #14 of this thread:
          Last edited by jcruise86; 08-10-2012, 12:47 PM.

Comment

• Michael808702
            MiceChatter
            • Jul 2010

He would probably be like "no comment" *stares at the entry walks away*

Comment

• CaliforniaAdventurer
              MiceChatter
              • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
              It's as impossible to know what Michael Eisner thinks of DCA 2.0 as it is to know what Walt Disney thinks of it.

One's alive and one's dead, but there the similarity ends.
              As you said, Walt's spirit and creativity are still alive but Eisner's died long ago.

Comment

• Pinrar
                MiceChatter
                • Aug 2011

I think he likes it. Probably looks at it as the park he wanted it to be but couldn't build due to his twisted ideas of business practices. Eisner created some great stuff in his early years before DL paris scared the crap out of him. I think he really does deep down appreciate quality. I'd bet that we would be speaking fairly highly of the man had the whole paris fiasco ended up differently. TL 98 and DCA most likely wouldn't have happened or at least done right.
                In the quest for quality, I have no problem with the characters footing the bill.

Comment

• JerrodDRagon
                  Adventure First, Ad Last
                  • Mar 2006

Maybe inside him self be mad he could not do what Disney has done......but at the same time tell the press he thinks it's a great Sister Park to Disneyland...which I would agree with
                  Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

• TCadillac
                    MiceChatter
                    • May 2009

He would say there's not enough Cars themed elements. They should have bulldozed DCA entirely and made Cars World.

Comment

• bayouguy
                      Bayou Native
                      • Jul 2006

Which Eisner are we talking about? The one who helped Disney withstand a hostile takeover and did some good things, or the one who took the money and ran? I'm thinking that both Eisners are taking moments to reflect at what a well planned idea ought to look like.
                      I am old. But still love Disneyland.

Comment

• MagicWDI
                        Hall Of Promise
                        • Jan 2005

He would probably think Disney spent way too much to redo the park, and would probably suggest a far more cost efficient plan before spending anywhere near a billion dollars in one park. We would probably see more special events to try increasing attendance numbers. Remember, Eisner is a numbers man. He is great with money, not so much creativity.

Comment

• bheuett
                          New MiceChatter
                          • Dec 2011

Im willing to bet he is to embarrassed to walk thru the gates of the Disneyland resort or DCA. I would be to after they spent that much money to fix my mistakes

Comment

• Disneytwins
                            • Oct 2005

Eisner is a businessman. He goes from business to business. I doubt he even remembers what DCA 1.0 was nor does he care. CEOs aren't behind the creativity aspect. They hire other people to do that job.
                            DisneyTwins
                            Since May 2003

Comment

• Bronco21
                              Insomniac
                              • May 2011

"They spent how much money?... Over 1 billion dollars... Don't they know how many hotels we could have built around it for that much money?" - Michael Eisner
                              Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

Comment

• mratigan
                                Say no to screens
                                • Feb 2011

yes more money mean a bigger salary for me:evil::evil:
                                Take a look at some of my models I make at kolbykonnection.com

Comment

• CaliforniaAdventurer
                                  MiceChatter
                                  • Jan 2005

Originally posted by bayouguy View Post
                                  Which Eisner are we talking about? The one who helped Disney withstand a hostile takeover and did some good things, or the one who took the money and ran? I'm thinking that both Eisners are taking moments to reflect at what a well planned idea ought to look like.
                                  Walt to imagineers: This is what you're going to design and build, how much is it going to cost me?

Eisner to imagineers: What can you build me for $500 million.

Of course there will may be some return to that under John Lassetter's direction.

That's why he should be celebrated - he's the Dalai Lama of Disney.

Comment

• ducktalesfan5555
                                    Quintessential Studmuffin
                                    • Aug 2009

"DCA has matured greatly in the past couple years as I expected it would, when I was CEO. DCA will never be completed when there's imagination left in the world. I miss the puns signs in DCA though, they always make me laugh each time I see them! Maliburritos! Burr-bank Ice Cream! Dial M for Muscle! Man, I can go on, but I have to go. Superstar Limo too. I wish it was still there..." I guess he'll say something like this. LOL

Comment

• mandelbrot
                                      • Feb 2005

I bet he would say something about CarsLand having nothing to do with California and that the entire theme of the park was becoming muddled.

Comment

• calsig31
                                        -
                                        • Aug 2009

I bet he would ask why someone on an internet message board would create a thread that's sole purpose is to bash on someone who is no longer working for Disney and hasn't in almost a decade.
                                        "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X