Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you have friends that hate disneyland?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Do you have friends that hate disneyland?

Pretty much all of my friends are apparently intellectual snobs and really dislike disney because they feel like it is an inauthentic, contrived experience. They would rather travel to places for an authentic experience (like go to paris and see the louvre, beach in maui, great restaurants and shows in NYC)

For example, most of them would not let their daughters have disney princess dresses (altho some are relenting now). While they might take their kids to disney once, they wouldnt necessarily enjoy it themselves.

We visit my wifes family in so cal about 6 times a year and we typically go to disney around 3 days each time. I have a great time every time and I dont even go on that many rides (we typically go on 7 rides over the course of 4 hours).

Re: Do you have friends that hate disneyland?

Disney is no more inauthentic as Broadway shows. Both have scripts, special effects, target audiences, suspense, drama, etc. The only major difference is Disneyland is open on Mondays.

Comment

I don't yet (thank goodness), but I can tell that a lot of my friends could care less about the park and they have this attitude that they are better and more mature than I am because I am obsessed with something so childlike and puerile.

I couldn't care less, but it's annoying when people have this attitude, they just don't understand.

When I ask them the last time they went to Disneyland, they shrug and say I don't remember, I think I went when I was younger once.

None of them have any intention of going back either :/

Comment

None of my friends hate it, but none of them certainly love it as much as I do.
        - Walt Disney

Comment

My best, oldest friend has zero love, like, mild feelings for Disneyland. He and I used to go as young kids and we had some good times. Once he went to UCI, he became interested in other subjects and entertainment. I've given him a standing invitation to Disneyland, all expenses paid for by me but he's not mentioned it to me.
          I am old. But still love Disneyland.

Comment

If you hate Disneyland then you're not my friend

Comment

Originally posted by TCadillac View Post
              If you hate Disneyland then you're not my friend
              my thoughts exactly

Comment

I have friends who aren't as big of a fan as me. And yes... my husband HATES Disneyland. He doesn't like the traffic to get there, he doesn't like the crowds and mass of humanity when he does get there so... thats why I go by myself.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
                all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

I have no friends who hate Disneyland. But I do have friends who, as I did, grew up with Disneyland in the years before Eisner, and as I do, detest what the Disney Corporation has done to it in the years since.
                  Last edited by Mr Wiggins; 08-10-2012, 01:41 PM.
                  "Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
                  it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
                  together with every variety of recreation and fun,
                  designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
                  - Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
                  - Bob Chapek

Comment

I pity them.
                    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
                    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ip-report.html
                    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...something.html

No matter where you go, there you are.

Comment

My husband's best friend hates Disneyland...too crowded, waits are too long, stuff costs too much, etc, whine, whine, gripe ad infinitum. His wife (God bless her) loves it. My own wonderful husband is pretty 'neutral'. He has a good time when we're there, but he wouldn't go to DL if I didn't love it so much.

I didn't realize how much his friend hated DL until we make our current plans for Sept. I thought it'd be fun for the 4 of us to go so suggested to the wife that we all go together. She basically told me 'you do NOT want to go to DL with my husband, he really hates it there'. So, needless to say I dropped the idea. If I had to spend even one second at 'My Happiest Place on Earth' listening to someone complain, I'd probably pop them one! And that would be a buzz-kill, wouldn't it?

I feel very sad for her. I mean, like I say, my DH really couldn't care less about DL for himself, but has a good time because he likes to see me having so much fun and feeling so happy. I'm a lucky gal!
                      "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

Comment

Unfortunately I have a few friends that hate Disneyland. It doesn't bother me though... everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
                        "If you can dream it, you can do it" - Walt Disney

Comment

I've converted a few former haters, but I have one "friend" who absolutely thinks Disneyland is for kids and Six Flags is for adults. Honestly I've been to Six flags and I felt like someone was either going to stab me or try to sell me drugs the whole time I was there. If only for the feeling of safety Disney has, I would choose Disney.
                          Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

Comment

Every time I tell people I'm a Disney Enthusiast, they think I love a place meant only for children. We all know that Disney is a very very special company. I have no problem with it because I'm seeing something that most people don't with this company. The man who created it was a genius and I have appreciation for that.
                            DisneyTwins
                            Since May 2003

Comment

I have friends who "don't get" Disneyland, but don't necessarily hate it. They just didn't go as kids, and lack those youthful nostalgic memories which make it special for the rest of us. When they walk through the front gate, it's like any other theme park to them.

Comment

An ex-gf of mine loved Six Flags and could not understand why I loved Disneyland so much. She'd even complain whenever I planned trips down. Dumped her.

I've also had close friends who would ask "Why" and "Again? Isn't it for kids? How does it not get boring?" whenever I'd take a trip down to the resort (Maybe 5-10 times within a year). I am not friends with those people anymore so no, I don't have friends who hate Disneyland!

I realize it's not for everyone but I've naturally gravitated towards more like-minded people over the years and now hear more "Can I come??" and "Take me with you!!" type comments.

Comment

I have a friend who dislikes everything in Disneyland except Innoventions. Go figure.

Comment

I have a best friend who loves Disneyland on the same level I do and then I have a best friend who has never been, therefore he thinks the idea of it is lame.. But I guarantee that would change once he actually goes.
                                    :meet: Because Bert Said So! :meet:

Comment

Originally posted by ohmyjustin View Post
                                      Disney is no more inauthentic as Broadway shows. Both have scripts, special effects, target audiences, suspense, drama, etc. The only major difference is Disneyland is open on Mondays.
                                      i have seen alot of broadway shows and alot of the vegas shows and none really even come close to the nighttime shows like fan! or woc or the other shows in other disney parks around the world. disney puts on amazing shows most better than broadway shows.

Comment

Unfortunately, yes but not all. I have friends who think Disneyland is "only for the kiddies" "for stupid fat tourists", and those "intellectual" friends who think Disneyland is just stupid, too consumerist and thus beneath them (one also said Walt was a "huge racist"), I also have a conspiracy theorist friend who think Disneyland is a tool used by the evil New World Order Illuminati to somehow control the masses. Man, I need some new friends but I still love them! LOL

But the rest of my friends/family don't hate or dislike it, they just don't love as much as I do! My mom is not a huge fan of DL (but doesn't hate it), she gets scared of basically everything! Man, I wished i had my camera with me when we rode Soarin' with my mother for her 1st (and probably last) time. She actually thought we were all flying and going to fall and die!!!
                                        Last edited by ducktalesfan5555; 08-10-2012, 06:12 PM.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X