Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are some things the Imagineers hate about the parks?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Question] What are some things the Imagineers hate about the parks?

    We all know that Imagineers have designed all the Disney theme parks around the world. However, the final product does not always reflect the design intention these Imagineers had and were often compromised by management, Disney officials, operations, etc. What do you think are some thinks the Imagineers are dying to remake and make how they really want it? What do you think are the things the abhor seeing every time they enter the parks?

    Some thinks I can think of are: Monsters Inc. in DCA, a bug's land in DCA, the views from the DL monorail, the Stitch stage in MK, Swan and Dolphin in Epcot, how DHS transformed, all of Walt Disney Studios park, etc. What do you think?

  • #2
    Re: What are some things the Imagineers hate about the parks?

    I honestly couldn't say what the things they might not like in the parks are.. I'd imagine each of them have their own individual opinions on different stuff here and there and how it might be better.

    p.s Swan and Dolphin is actually one of my favorites at WDW!
    :meet: Because Bert Said So! :meet:

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: What are some things the Imagineers hate about the parks?

      Originally posted by planetsix View Post
      Swan and Dolphin is actually one of my favorites at WDW!
      The Swan and Dolphin ruin the sightlines from the World Showcase as they are totally visible from inside the park. That said, I doubt there was much the imagineers could do about it as the hotels aren't owned by Disney.
      "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: What are some things the Imagineers hate about the parks?

        Originally posted by calsig31 View Post
        The Swan and Dolphin ruin the sightlines from the World Showcase as they are totally visible from inside the park. That said, I doubt there was much the imagineers could do about it as the hotels aren't owned by Disney.
        They're not owned by Disney(I remember that back in the early nineties they where Sheraton Hotels), but since they are on Disney property, doesn't Disney have to approve all the designs, placement, etc.? I think that there were some higher ups in the company who just didn't quite get it about the World Showcase skyline and how those towers would affect it, throwing off the scale for the forced perspective Eiffer Tower, for instance.
        One thing I noticed on one of my recent trips, and it's sort of related:
        The Contemporary: When they originally built it, it was not visible in the Magic Kingdom except for when you were in Tommorowland, which I thought was brilliant, and a real sign that they really had thought this whole thing out. Now, they added that new section, connected to the main A frame by an elevated walkway, that is clearly visible from the hub. That kind of bothered me.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: What are some things the Imagineers hate about the parks?

          Originally posted by 9oldmen View Post
          They're not owned by Disney(I remember that back in the early nineties they where Sheraton Hotels), but since they are on Disney property, doesn't Disney have to approve all the designs, placement, etc.? I think that there were some higher ups in the company who just didn't quite get it about the World Showcase skyline and how those towers would affect it, throwing off the scale for the forced perspective Eiffer Tower, for instance.
          One thing I noticed on one of my recent trips, and it's sort of related:
          The Contemporary: When they originally built it, it was not visible in the Magic Kingdom except for when you were in Tommorowland, which I thought was brilliant, and a real sign that they really had thought this whole thing out. Now, they added that new section, connected to the main A frame by an elevated walkway, that is clearly visible from the hub. That kind of bothered me.
          I was actually bothered by a lot of things that could be seen from Magic Kingdom. For instance, while on the train at Disneylan, one really can't see things outside the park. However in FL there were several spots where the outside is clearly visible.
          "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: What are some things the Imagineers hate about the parks?

            I honestly can't imagine what they would "hate".

            Why all the titles to provoke negative responses regarding the park? I mean it's certainly within your rights but where's the love?
            Last edited by ScottG; 08-10-2012, 08:35 PM.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: What are some things the Imagineers hate about the parks?

              Originally posted by ScottG View Post
              I honestly can't imagine what they would "hate".

              Why all the titles to provoke negative responses regarding the park? I mean it's certainly within your rights but where's the love?
              I think it's an interesting question and not a bad idea for a thread.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: What are some things the Imagineers hate about the parks?

                Lack of space I would think.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: What are some things the Imagineers hate about the parks?

                  Im pretty sure they kicked themselves in the head when rocket rods failed and they later found out i did damage to the track

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: What are some things the Imagineers hate about the parks?

                    They hated that the funding for Rocket Rods was cut and led to its failure. They hate that Eisner demanded they include the Discoverland style Astro Orbitor (since it meant they had to move it to the front of the land causing crowding and ugly sight lines in the hub. Many hate the hat at DHS since it destroys the cohesive theming the entrance once had. I've heard that many have a displeasure for the current Imagination Pavilion. Most of them hated pretty much everything that DCA 1.0 included and were happy when it failed. I'm sure they hate the fact that Eisner decided to build so many motels in Paris. I also heard Tony Baxter absolutely hates the Frontierland facades that were in Carnation Plaza Gardens/ Rancho De Zocala entrance (but those are now getting delt with).
                    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

                    https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: What are some things the Imagineers hate about the parks?

                      Originally posted by OfficeDepot14 View Post
                      Im pretty sure they kicked themselves in the head when rocket rods failed and they later found out i did damage to the track
                      you did? impressive.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: What are some things the Imagineers hate about the parks?

                        ^^lol!
                        Check out my Disney inspired creations.

                        https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: What are some things the Imagineers hate about the parks?

                          There's probably many things that they don't like. But with number crunchers and MBA's looking over your shoulder, I would imagine that the original idea often becomes restrained quite a bit.
                          Stockholder and Walt Disney Autograph holder!!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: What are some things the Imagineers hate about the parks?

                            Originally posted by Bronco21 View Post
                            They hated that the funding for Rocket Rods was cut and led to its failure. They hate that Eisner demanded they include the Discoverland style Astro Orbitor (since it meant they had to move it to the front of the land causing crowding and ugly sight lines in the hub. Many hate the hat at DHS since it destroys the cohesive theming the entrance once had. I've heard that many have a displeasure for the current Imagination Pavilion. Most of them hated pretty much everything that DCA 1.0 included and were happy when it failed. I'm sure they hate the fact that Eisner decided to build so many motels in Paris. I also heard Tony Baxter absolutely hates the Frontierland facades that were in Carnation Plaza Gardens/ Rancho De Zocala entrance (but those are now getting delt with).
                            Good list but don't forget the mess of ideas Tomorrowland has become.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: What are some things the Imagineers hate about the parks?

                              On the Disneyland: Imagineering the Magic DVD when they get to the point of taking about Pirates all of them seemed like they didnt even want to change the ride and that they put in as little as possible to make Disney heads happy. Thats the vibe i got from it.

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X