Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will there be a figurine offered for the new Walt/Mickey statue in DCA?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Will there be a figurine offered for the new Walt/Mickey statue in DCA?

Anyone know if there will be a companion piece to "Partners" of the new statue in DCA?

I wrote the park a few months back and they did not have any info.

thx - Craig..

Re: Will there be a figurine offered for the new Walt/Mickey statue in DCA?

I think the Disney Parks Blog had information about this piece coming out a few months ago.

Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Comment

I could have sworn I saw one in one of the shops when I was there last. It sold for something like $70.

For some some great trip reports, features and reviews, please check out http://www.thedisneylandreport.com.

Comment

Yea it's already in the shops in BV street.

Comment

$70 ?? Partners sold for close to $300.00.

How big is this figure? Made of heavy resin like Partners?

Comment

Originally posted by patton45 View Post
            $70 ?? Partners sold for close to $300.00.

How big is this figure? Made of heavy resin like Partners?
            No, certainly not anything like a $300 product. It was substantial though, not plastic, if memory serves. I'm not much of an expert on craftsmanship though, so I couldn't speak to the degree of its quality. Certainly though I would assume if it were constructed the same as the $300 partners statue you're referring to, it too would cost $300.

For some some great trip reports, features and reviews, please check out http://www.thedisneylandreport.com.

Comment

Aren't there two different versions of the item sold? An expensive one released on the 15th as a limited edition item and another open edition figure?

Comment

They are both made of good quality resin. The original Partners is about twice the size, but yes indeed there is a replica statue of the new Walt and Mickey.
                sigpic

"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money."
                - - Walt Disney

Comment

Last I saw it, it was available at "Off the Page".
                  It's actually "Cars Land", not "Carsland".

Comment

Glad to hear this! I love my little Partners Statue and this would be a great companion piece.
                    sigpic
                    Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X