Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

Luigi's New Games, An Interesting Racer Backup, and Car-less Land?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Luigi's New Games, An Interesting Racer Backup, and Car-less Land?

Cars Land is amazing. There is no doubt about it. But is it perfect? YES. Okay, there are a few bumps in the road. But this is how Disney is quickly taking the guests' reactions and such to the recent happenings. I went to Cars Land today, so I don't know how recent these changes are.

1. First off, at Luigi's Tires, they have taken a similar step to queue "entertainment" that Nemo had done back in 2007. When guests enter the building, they are handed a brochure, featuring trivia, games, and the story of the "Flying Tires". Interesting step and good idea, but it was easily forgotten by the time we entered the second room.

2. Secondly, on Racers, I really have a pet peeve with the dispatch interval (hear me out here). The ride just seems to lose a bit of magic when the riders can see the car in front of them, or hear the one behind them. That's just me though. On another note, I found an interesting touch to Luigi (who was finally taken car of, thank God) at the starting line. When we were supposed to go, we remained in our place. We waited, waiting for our car to suddenly go or just stop entirely. Then Luigi actually did something that I didn't expect. If this scenario happens, there is a backup line that Luigi says: "Let us try again. Go!" And it is off from there. I would have liked him to refer to his line from the first movie in the Willy's Butte race scene, which I even used as a joke in my car. ---> "The flag means go. Here we go. Go!" :lol:

3. Finally, does anyone else think that being Cars Land, there would be more cars? I think that there could be perfect places to put the Radiator Springs denizens in. This list goes from the front of the land to the back.

Sheriff: Behind the Cars Land sign asleep
    Filmore: To the left of the "Taste-In" tent
    Sarge: To the right of the Surplus Hut entrance saluting the guests
    Sally: Out on the Cozy Cone front lawn
    Lizzie: Asleep in front of the Curios shop
    Luigi and Guido: On a tire tower platform alongside the "tire arena"
    Flo: Alongside one of the front gas tanks
    Ramone: Out in front of the Body Art store

The upside: It brings even more life into the land.
    The downside: Tons of people posing for photo-ops; possible Casey Jr. in MK outcome?

So that's about it for now. Ka-Ciao!
    Last edited by DisneylandMaster; 08-12-2012, 09:54 PM.
    Stopping in the middle is
    DISTINCTLY
    UNPATRIOTIC!

Re: Luigi's New Games, An Interesting Racer Backup, and Car-less Land?

I have not seen the flyer you reference for Luigi's flying tires. Is this new? As for Radiator Springs Racers, I think it is just fine the way it is, and wouldn't ask them to change a thing. That said, I think your line suggestion is pretty funny.

Finally, I think we do need more cars, but not all at once. I think it needs to feel special when one is driving around, similar to walk around characters at Disneyland. But I would like to see Doc, and Filmore et al.

For some some great trip reports, features and reviews, please check out http://www.thedisneylandreport.com.

Comment

Originally posted by disneylandreport View Post
      I have not seen the flyer you reference for Luigi's flying tires. Is this new?
      I would believe so, and again it is like the Nemo one used for the subs when it was new, like this one.

Stopping in the middle is
      DISTINCTLY
      UNPATRIOTIC!

Comment

It's not new. We got it the sunday of opening weekend. We enjoyed the quests to find stuff in line like counting the number of tires in the stack.

Comment

Originally posted by disneylandreport View Post
          I think we do need more cars. I would like to see Doc, and Filmore et al.
          Filmore would be SO CUTE! I understand why we got McQueen and Mater, but on top of that we get Red, and DJ. That's it? I honestly didn't even remember the character of Red in the movie. I thought they made him up until I watched Cars a few weeks after Cars Land opened, and I was like, "WUT??? How did I forget an entire CHARACTER??".
          It's actually "Cars Land", not "Carsland".

Comment

Originally posted by DisneylandMaster View Post
            3. Finally, does anyone else think that being Cars Land, there would be more cars? I think that there could be perfect places to put the Radiator Springs denizens in. This list goes from the front of the land to the back.

Sheriff: Behind the Cars Land sign asleep
            Filmore: To the left of the "Taste-In" tent
            Sarge: To the right of the Surplus Hut entrance saluting the guests
            Sally: Out on the Cozy Cone front lawn
            Lizzie: Asleep in front of the Curios shop
            Luigi and Guido: On a tire tower platform alongside the "tire arena"
            Flo: Alongside one of the front gas tanks
            Ramone: Out in front of the Body Art store

The upside: It brings even more life into the land.
            The downside: Tons of people posing for photo-ops; possible Casey Jr. in MK outcome?
            I do think that more moving Cars would liven up the land even more. However, I am not in favor of adding static car figures like the Art of Animation Resort did in Florida to Cars Land here. When juxtaposed again the moving and talking vehicles, I feel like static figures would appear out of place.

So, moving talking Cars, yes maybe some. Static posable figures like the tractor over by Mater's (who I make an exception for because he is so cute), no.
            Disneyland Wooooh!

"You see- Everybody's got a laughin' place, trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it."

Comment

The reason there aren't more Cars characters around is simply because there's no space. CarsLand is so crowded that it wouldn't even be possible for guests to just walk around if it was full of characters, that's why Red is usually way out by the Bug's Land exit/entrance.

Maybe we'll get more as popularity evens out.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X