X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News The New Walk in Walts Disneyland Footsteps: Including Walt's Apartment

Disneyland Resort Guided Tours: The New

The Disney Parks Blog on Friday announced starting September 9th that the Walk in Walt's Footstep tour will be changing to Walk in Walt's Disneyland Footstep tour and will now include a peak into Walt's Apartment. They won't allow pictures in the Apartment but it sounds like they will sell you a group picture.

Anyways I am really excited about this and feel that the tour is finally worth it with going to the lobby of Club 33 and going up to Walt's Apartment. I think it would be interesting to add the Dream suite and the Lilly Belle to the tour. The tour could still use some more additions, but it finally a better experience.

Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
      Anyone know the pricing for this?
      According to Dateline Disneyland this week:

The current tour, priced at $64 will be replaced September 9 with an updated tour costing $108, an over $40 increase.

Originally posted by Homan View Post
      They won't allow pictures in the Apartment but it sounds like they will sell you a group picture.
      Of course they will, lol.

Comment

Comment

Comment

For some some great trip reports, features and reviews, please check out http://www.thedisneylandreport.com.

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
              Sheesh. Is there anything left in Disneyland anymore that is considered sacred?
              Nope. As was mandated during the Eisner/Pressler regime, every square foot of Disneyland must maximize profit.

To the Disney Corporation, people who have a reverence for Walt and care about the history of Disneyland are nothing more than customers to be sold a product.
              "Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
              it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
              together with every variety of recreation and fun,
              designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
              - Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
              - Bob Chapek

Comment

Originally posted by disneylandreport View Post
                I do understand why they wouldn't allow photos.
                And that reason would be...?

Comment

Originally posted by Steve DeGaetano View Post
                  They allow it in Club 33 Lobby, just not Walt's Apartment. While I am whatever about them selling the picture instead of allowing us to take a picture ourselves, I wish I could get a private picture with my Significant other and not just a group picture to buy. Hey Disney if you want to control the pictures and want to make a buck that is fair. But please allow for more than just the one group picture to buy.

---------- Post added 08-13-2012 at 09:21 AM ----------

Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
                  Nope. As was mandated during the Eisner/Pressler regime, every square foot of Disneyland must maximize profit.

To the Disney Corporation, people who have a reverence for Walt and care about the history of Disneyland are nothing more than customers to be sold a product.
                  I don't see anything wrong with this. Why should it be only for the super rich who go on private tours or the extremely few who get lucky to get to see it. If Disney thinks they can make more Money selling it at this lower price, than many of us will be happy.

BTW, it was that type of thinking from Eisner in the 80s that saved Disneyland and every individual section of the company from being sold off.

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
                    Sheesh. Is there anything left in Disneyland anymore that is considered sacred?

Oh no! Don't show the guests back stage -- you don't want to ruin the magic! What difference does it make anymore?
                    Gotta make money, money, money....:thumbdown

Plus the Court of Angels turning into the pirate makeover thing - every square inch of Disneyland is turning into dollar signs for management.

Comment

To preserve some measure of exclusiveness. If a bunch of photos start getting proliferated around the internet, it will lose some of that charm and one of a kind personality.

For some some great trip reports, features and reviews, please check out http://www.thedisneylandreport.com.

Comment

Homan said:

I don't see anything wrong with this. Why should it be only for the super rich who go on private tours or the extremely few who get lucky to get to see it. If Disney thinks they can make more Money selling it at this lower price, than many of us will be happy.
                        Because the Apt was never meant to be seen by the general public. I'd rather not see it out of respect for both Walt's memory and the Disney family. What gives YOU the right to see the apt, because you will pay the money to see it?

BTW, it was that type of thinking from Eisner in the 80s that saved Disneyland and every individual section of the company from being sold off

It's also the reason he was ousted from the company as well.

---------- Post added 08-13-2012 at 09:31 AM ----------

To preserve some measure of exclusiveness. If a bunch of photos start getting proliferated around the internet, it will lose some of that charm and one of a kind personality.
                        With these tours, it already is losing the charm and one of a kind personality.

Comment

If a bunch of photos start getting proliferated around the internet, it will lose some of that charm and one of a kind personality.
                          Too late.

walt disney apartment - Google Search

Comment

Originally posted by Disneymike View Post
                            Homan said:

With these tours, it already is losing the charm and one of a kind personality.
                            I would respectfully disagre. You can't be one of a kind unless SOMEONE can be witness to it (other than staff and others with VERY unique access...like John Stamos . To prevent access to it completely makes it more mythical than anything else.

Comment

Nope. Not with 3,070,000 Google Image hits on "Walt Disney Apartment."

The reason is to preserve maximum profitability for the WiWDF product. Every photo of Walt's Apartment taken by a WiWDF customer is a photo that Disney doesn't sell.
                              "Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
                              it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
                              together with every variety of recreation and fun,
                              designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
                              - Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
                              - Bob Chapek

Comment

-Brian

Comment

I would respectfully disagre. You can't be one of a kind unless SOMEONE can be witness to it (other than staff and others with VERY unique access...like John Stamos . To prevent access to it completely makes it more mythical than anything else.
                                  Then leave it mythical.

Comment

There are some, to be sure. Many of those appear to be archival though. I guess my point was...well...you know what the internet is like.

Comment

I see what you are saying, but it's far too late. A simple Google search (as stated before) crushes that point.

In fact, I think there are photo heavy trip report threads on here where people have been to his apartment.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
                                        The reason is to preserve maximum profitability for the WiWDF product. Every photo of Walt's Apartment taken by a WiWDF customer is a photo that Disney doesn't sell.
                                        Point taken. I guess I just don't see it like that. Perhaps I'm too close to the "true believer" end of the spectrum. At any rate, Disneyland isn't mine to run, and I don't consider myself to be a watchdog. All I know is that given the chance to see the apartment, I would take it.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X