Is DLR getting stricter on "rental" tickets?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ShelbyH
    MiceChatter
    • Mar 2011

[Question] Is DLR getting stricter on "rental" tickets?

I'm talking about those sellers (ebay, craigslist, "businesses") that buy multi-day passes and then sell you the remaining days, some requiring you to return the ticket at the end of the day. It seems to me that DLR is getting stricter about requiring people to sign their park tickets, or write their names on them, and if the ID doesn't match at the gate they are turned away. Is this just my perception, or does DLR seem to be cracking down harder lately?
  • mouseknotts
    Dreaming of next trip
    • Oct 2009

Re: Is DLR getting stricter on "rental" tickets?

I think they are cracking down, but the renting of the tickest is against policy.
    And I rember reading about people who got tickets at a discount from non Disney sources only to find out that the tickets were not valid. So they were out the money they paid and they were stuck outside the gates.
    We have passes but my son and Daughter in law had tickets and she was asked for ID once during our 6 day visit in July. So be ready and be warned make sure you have your ID with you.

Comment

• ohmyjustin
      MiceChatter
      • Jan 2012

I don't know if they are, but I sure hope so.

Comment

• dfan07
        Johnny and Me!
        • May 2007

Does anyone know the status of the fingerprint scanners that are supposed to be installed at the gates? Those would go a long way in reducing ticket fraud.

Comment

• ScottG
          Done with MC.
          • May 2007

Originally posted by dfan07 View Post
          Does anyone know the status of the fingerprint scanners that are supposed to be installed at the gates? Those would go a long way in reducing ticket fraud.
          They had them for a while a couple of years ago but I haven't seen them since.

Comment

• Ryan120420
            MiceChatter
            • Oct 2008

Originally posted by ScottG View Post
            They had them for a while a couple of years ago but I haven't seen them since.

DisneyWorld and Disneyland Hong Kong are the only Disney parks that use biometric scanners. Disneyland has never had them.
            For Disney Theme Park Video Click Here!

Comment

• swampymarsh
              Under that tree again!
              • Nov 2011

I would say in my experience there has been a slow upward trend of enforcing the ticket holder rules. No giant jump but more often I've been ased for ID, friends required to sign thier tickets, and seeing guests turned away at the gates.

Originally posted by dfan07 View Post
              I think they would already be in the DLR by now since hey redid the DCA entrance gates. Since they didn't I expect they are waiting to see how the next generation entrances being tested in WDW work out. In WDW they have tested RFID scan your own pass entrance and turnstyless entrances among others but nothing has seemed to stick there.
              Be Cool Stay in School!
              Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Comment

• mouseknotts
                Dreaming of next trip
                • Oct 2009

to bad there is no way they could put a photo with the ticket, like they do with AP that would make it imposible for anyone else to use that ticket. But the process of getting a photo added to the ticket number would be next to imposible and the lines for the first entrance would be long.
                Even though the photo is no longer on the AP it still shows up on the screen when I enter the gate. My experiance with finger print scanners is that sometimes they do not read correctly. Disney will work out something, hopefuly soon.

Comment

• tloolgb
                  Internet.Serious Business
                  • May 2005

Originally posted by ShelbyH View Post
                  Is this just my perception, or does DLR seem to be cracking down harder lately?
                  Can't speak for SoCal but in Florida all of the three big groups are working together to fight this.

Comment

• CMHusband
                    Nerd
                    • Aug 2009

The answer to the OP's question is YES!
                    Hidden Mickey - Tower of Terror

Hidden Mickey's here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup...7623565921220/
                    Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/

Comment

• StrikeYerColors
                      A Weather Eye Open
                      • Mar 2007

Originally posted by cakvalasc
                      I skipped a day on my Pass in July due to having a CM comp pass, they pulled me aside to ask questions.
                      what do you mean? like they noticed your multiday parkhopper ticket had been used monday, tuesday, and thursday, so they asked you about wednesday?

i can't decide if that's really creepy or kind of cool.
                      "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

Comment

• Broadway Guru
                        Embrace the kitsch!
                        • Mar 2006

^ I'm going to vote for creepy. It reminds me of when cops try and chat people up in hopes of getting a reason to search. If I got pulled aside and interrogated at the gates of DL, my first response would be, "None of your **** business." If they pressed the issue, I would simply hand them the ticket, turn around, and leave the park.
                        Disneyland Historic Preservation Society
                        Charter Member

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X