This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Inconsistencies on Disneyland's website

So currently the Disneyland refurbishment schedule is saying nothing about Indiana Jones going down for refurbishment on September 4th. But on another section of their website, it says that it will be going down from September 4th until December 7th.

Indiana Jones Adventure | Adventureland Attractions | Disneyland Park

Indiana Jones Adventure Closed for Refurbishment

From September 4, 2012 through December 7, 2012, the exciting Indiana Jones Adventure attraction will receive refurbishment attention. Come back at the end of 2012 for a thrilling journey through the legendary Temple of the Forbidden Eye.

Why wouldn't it be on their refurbishment list? Why the contradictions/inconsistencies? Isn't Disney typcially on top of the Calendar, lettting guests know at least 6 weeks in advance about any closures?
    sigpic
    "It's fun to do the impossible." ~Walt Disney

Re: Inconsistencies on Disneyland's website

My guess is that Disney is not always the best at immediately updating every single area of their website when something is added.

Comment

Originally posted by ShelbyH View Post
      My guess is that Disney is not always the best at immediately updating every single area of their website when something is added.
      Al Lutz announced a couple of weeks ago that it would go down on September 4th. Obviously that information was available to them some time ago (who knows HOW long ago). This is a major E-ticket attraction. People plan their trips to the resort around information like this. It doesn't seem like something that would just slip through the cracks.
      sigpic

Comment

An nothing on the Big Thunder refurb. Very confusing indeed.

Comment

I haven't seen anything regarding the Big THunder Mountain refurb. I wonder if it will be a sudden closure or something.

Comment

The website is never very acurate or up to date!
            BGood! It's not just my motto its my name!

Comment

Maybe you should contact the webmaster? I don't see what good complaining about it here will do.

Comment

Originally posted by mickdaddy View Post
                The website is never very acurate or up to date!
                Bingo. Numerous posts on MiceChat and other sites have documented the inaccurate, contradictory and late information on Disney's official websites for years.

A small sample:

From 2010: http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...d-2-weeks.html

From 2007: http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ite-sucks.html
                "Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
                it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
                together with every variety of recreation and fun,
                designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
                - Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
                - Bob Chapek

Comment

When I was looking for info just now, I was given the opportunity to take a survey. I highlighted the inconsistencies / lack of information in refurb schedules.

Worth a shot, I guess.

Comment

The positive thing of the disney official site lacking so much information it lead me to find micechat to help plan trips and get info!
                    BGood! It's not just my motto its my name!

Comment

Originally posted by brenden View Post
                      Maybe you should contact the webmaster? I don't see what good complaining about it here will do.
                      I have contacted Disney. It typically takes a few days to get a response. Bringing up the information here in the mean time is not equivalent to complaining about it. It was a question. If you didn't like it, perhaps you should have moved on to another thread.
                      sigpic

Comment

Considering this is relatively *new* information, it might take a while to make sure all sides of the website are updated. There is probably an annoying bureaucracy behind updating any of Disney's websites. Although, I'm sure it'll be updated eventually and MiceChat will herald it as directly influencing Disney, again. :lol:

Originally posted by Reeder View Post
                        Bringing up the information here in the mean time is not equivalent to complaining about it.
                        Sure.

Comment

Glad to see you contacted Disney as well. You are always welcome to bring things like that up here for discussion of course, but you should always contact the site you are having the issue with.

Comment

this is actually happening.
                            wow this will cause a huge disappearance in traffic for those going there.. this is going to be like POTC and matterhorn all over again
                            My Art site
                            http://mediafan658.deviantart.com/

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X