This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Chat] While you wait in line, what is the best pass-time

Since we wait in line roughly 75-80% of the time at the parks, what is your favorite pass-time, the kids, they video games but they run out of charge before long.

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

-Walt Disney

Re: While you wait in line, what is the best pass-time

Usually when I'm at Disneyland I'm so excited that I just stand there and soak everything in. With Fastpass and stuff I don't really stand in line too long to get bored anyways.

Comment

Trivia is always fun. I also take a lot of pics in line of things not usually seen.
      sigpic
      Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

Comment

Talking to the people with me.

Comment

If anyone says "Sing in line" - I will e-punch you in the face.

Kidding.

I just chat it up with whoever I'm there with to keep ourselves entertained.
          Last edited by Gamedog; 08-14-2012, 12:03 PM.

Comment

I tend to take a lot of video and photos. But I used to read a lot.

For some some great trip reports, features and reviews, please check out http://www.thedisneylandreport.com.

Comment

Micechat, talking, estimating the average distance the line travels each time it moves )
              In the quest for quality, I have no problem with the characters footing the bill.

Comment

socializing or taking in the scenery

Comment

Sing in line! And then when you/we get stuck on the lyrics, change songs! (ETA: Not sure why there are people who are so adverse to people singing at the park...)

And then when we realize we unintentionally sound bad, we turn into a pity party. Then rebound back into joking and laughter and talking.

Comment

Taking pictures and people watching.

Comment

Talking. Communication with fellow human beings. Not anti-social withdrawn isolationism of phones, books, games, earbuds, etc...

I find this especially disturbing when I see kids doing this.

sigpic

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

Comment

Checking my wait time app. Figuring out my next move. Hahaha

Comment

Originally posted by Sambo View Post
                          Talking. Communication with fellow human beings. Not anti-social withdrawn isolationism of phones, books, games, earbuds, etc...

I'm not a parent, but I agree. Once I went with my cousin and smacked him when he pulled out his iPod to listen to music. I just paid for you to get into Disneyland, one of the greatest places in the world that people travel from all over to experience. You do not need to listen to music.

Comment

I usually take pictures or chat with people

Please visit and like my Photography page on Facebookhttp://www.facebook.com/JalejandroPhotography

Comment

Originally posted by Sambo View Post

Yeah it bugs me inside when I see people doing that too.

Since half my trips are solo I tend to strike up conversations with the people in line around me. I'm an introvert type by nature but socializing is fun.

Comment

I play the disney alphabet game with my family, but when that's not happening I just engage in people watching and eavesdropping on the conversations around me.

Comment

Originally posted by brenden View Post
                                  I'm not a parent, but I agree. Once I went with my cousin and smacked him when he pulled out his iPod to listen to music. I just paid for you to get into Disneyland, one of the greatest places in the world that people travel from all over to experience. You do not need to listen to music.
                                  Please don't judge as you never know a person's situation. My child has aspergers and really cannot handle the downtime portions of a disney visit. Me letting my child play with his DS in line, is better than you having to deal with his meltdown.

Comment

Originally posted by Juni View Post
                                    Please don't judge as you never know a person's situation. My child has aspergers and really cannot handle the downtime portions of a disney visit. Me letting my child play with his DS in line, is better than you having to deal with his meltdown.
                                    Of course, there are exceptions to everything! I was sharing my personal anecdote. My 16 year old cousin does not have a social disorder, which is why he got smacked.

Comment

Originally posted by brenden View Post
                                      Of course, there are exceptions to everything! I was sharing my personal anecdote. My 16 year old cousin does not have a social disorder, which is why he got smacked.
                                      I actually meant to quote the part you had been replying to.

Comment

Talking to the Hubbs
                                        People watching and just soaking it all in
                                        Taking a few photos
                                        Checking out the map and wait time app to plan what's next

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X