This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] DCA food offerings review?

I thought I saw a review of the new food offerings for DCA and changes this summer, now I can't find it. Anyone have a link? Anywhere from casual quick eats (ala Bengal BBQ) to window service to sit down.

thanks!
    -mark

Re: DCA food offerings review?

All I can say is that Flo's for dinner is FANTASTIC!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jchamb268 View Post
      All I can say is that Flo's for dinner is FANTASTIC!!!!!!!
      Do you need a reservation?

Comment

Check yelp.com, most entries have photos as well!

Comment

Originally posted by ScottG View Post
          Do you need a reservation?
          Nope! There is no waitstaff--you have to walk up to the cashiers to order.

Comment

Originally posted by ohmyjustin View Post
            Nope! There is no waitstaff--you have to walk up to the cashiers to order.
            Paradise Garden Grill at DCA for the win. A nice twist on mediterranean cuisine. They serve skewers- your choice of meat(chicken, beef, vegitarian offering, and something else I am forgetting) and sauce(chimichurri-my fave, tandoori, tatziki, and something else that escapes my memory). Served with pita, amazing rice pilaf, and a small cucumber salad. The prices are super reasonable, the portions are pretty sizeable, and the atmosphere is magical. Lushly landscaped garden seating with plenty of shade- my favorite place to sit is in front of the bandstand that usually features some very talented bands(usually world-musicy type acts- I've seen a great Celtic flavor band as well as a jazz band). It really makes for a great experience and is my favorite place to eat in the resort(outside of special occasion meals at places that require reservations like Carthy, or 33). I hear the desserts are pretty incredible too(I'm not a dessert person).

Dont pass this place by. Best value meal at the resort by far in my book.

Comment

Originally posted by beejers View Post
              Paradise Garden Grill at DCA for the win. A nice twist on mediterranean cuisine. They serve skewers- your choice of meat(chicken, beef, vegitarian offering, and something else I am forgetting) and sauce(chimichurri-my fave, tandoori, tatziki, and something else that escapes my memory). Served with pita, amazing rice pilaf, and a small cucumber salad. The prices are super reasonable, the portions are pretty sizeable, and the atmosphere is magical. Lushly landscaped garden seating with plenty of shade- my favorite place to sit is in front of the bandstand that usually features some very talented bands(usually world-musicy type acts- I've seen a great Celtic flavor band as well as a jazz band). It really makes for a great experience and is my favorite place to eat in the resort(outside of special occasion meals at places that require reservations like Carthy, or 33). I hear the desserts are pretty incredible too(I'm not a dessert person).

Dont pass this place by. Best value meal at the resort by far in my book.
              I agree with this and also paridise pizza and pasta is really good as well. The seating area can't be beat!
              BGood! It's not just my motto its my name!

Comment

This is great! We are down there tomorrow for a week (from Seattle) and wanted to get all the "dish" about the new food offerings. Thanks. I'll keep reading. Last time we were down Paradise Garden wasn't opened yet (IIRC) so that will be new as well!

-mark

Comment

I just posted about my recent experiences at the Napa Rose and Carthay Circle, if you're interested in the more formal (and expensive) experiences. They're well worth it, but do take a bit of time to fully enjoy the experience.

One thing about the Carthay - you can also just go into the lounge and order appetizers and drinks. It's a great place to get away from the crowds and relax without leaving the park. Very calming place.
                  proud member of Rally team It Doesn't Matterhorn, winners of the 2012 Team Spirit award

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X