Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Fun] I have a "Disneyland Curse", do you?

Okay first let me explain. When ever I see a certain thing that reminds me of Disneyland I go to get a closer look that is what I refer to as a "Disneyland Curse".

Mine are mostly centered around Main Street. Whenever I see an old style arcade game I can't help but pop some change and play it, how is refers to Main Street is via the Penny Arcade I love it. This really struck me on a recent trip to VA when I visited a Believe it or Not Odditorium it featured many old games like the ones on Main Street and I couldn't resist. My personal favorites include fortunetellers and shooting galleries. I also find myself watching silent movies.

So what id YOUR "Disneyland Curse"?

See ya walkin' right down the middle of o'l Main Street USA

"THAT'S R
    IGHT CARNEGIE STEEL BUILT THIS PLACE"!!!!!

Re: I have a "Disneyland Curse", do you?

I don't know if what my "curse" is what you're asking for, but I ALWAYS find Mickey everywhere I look without trying. I was once watching a Hoarders episode and I saw a small Mickey plush under the huge mounds of trash without trying. I also find Hidden Mickeys outside of Disney when there's a surplus of circles (such as bubble decorations used at Sea World)
    The music celebration puts some motion into my ocean!
    sigpic

Comment

Re: I have a "Disneyland Curse", do you?

I don't think I would call it a "curse," more like a Blessing! I always see Hidden Mickey's in the most random places. My friends and I were at a Nation's and the water marks on the ceiling tiles made a Hidden Mickey.

It's gotten to the point that my obsession is now contagious; my Mom has admitted to seeing HM's every once in a while and she hasn't been to the park in over 20 years! LOL
      <3 There are a million cupcakes in the world but only one is Cupcake Terror. <3

I AM THE REBEL SPY.

Comment

Re: I have a &quot;Disneyland Curse&quot;, do you?

Cupcakes!!!!!

Comment

For me, it's just that I tend to relate most everything I can to Disneyland. I try to compare boats to the rides at Disneyland, the zoo to Jungle Cruise, horseback riding and western situations to Frontierland, and so on.
          http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
          http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ip-report.html
          http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...something.html

No matter where you go, there you are.

Comment

My "Disneyland Curse" is when I line up for attractions like Space Mountain, BTMRR, IJA, HM, etc. Sometimes the ride breaks down when I'm almost to the boarding station or when I'm on the vehicle and it suddenly breaks down in front of me and that makes me a bit angry cause I waited a long time and now it breaks?! Another thing is the queue line takes too long!

Walt Disney's Original Magic Kingdom!
            Save
            Sav

Comment

I have been going for 30 years and have never been on the sailingship Colombia every time I go it is not running.

Comment

5 times I've been there, and the matterhorn has NEVER been open. Thank the Lord that when I go there in September it will be open! Too bad Indy will be closed

Comment

Whenever I'm watching World of Color or the fireworks I'm always directly behind someone filming the show with an iPad. Also, up until the last time I rode POTC, I was always seated in a REALLY chatty boat. The last time I was on it they loaded me in the front row and had the boat all to myself, which was both creepy and awesome!

I also get the same combination on Star Tours every time (Darth Vader/Hoth/Naboo)
                  Last edited by Quarar44; 08-16-2012, 11:35 AM.

Comment

I always drop at least $20 on Churros. I love those things.
                    Merrily on our way to nowhere at all.

Comment

Maybe not what you were thinking about, but my Disneyland curse is Splash Mountain. It mocks me and taunts me. It looms over me. It dares me to climb aboard, then spooks me when I see those logs get thrown down. It makes me want my mommy. And to top it off, it shames me when I see young kids climbing off and smiling at the great time they had.
                      I am old. But still love Disneyland.

Comment

Originally posted by bayouguy View Post
                        Maybe not what you were thinking about, but my Disneyland curse is Splash Mountain. It mocks me and taunts me. It looms over me. It dares me to climb aboard, then spooks me when I see those logs get thrown down. It makes me want my mommy. And to top it off, it shames me when I see young kids climbing off and smiling at the great time they had.
                        Whenever I go on Splash Mountain I get stuck in the front and get the most soaked. I think they put heavy people in the front on purpose to create a bigger splash.
                        Merrily on our way to nowhere at all.

Comment

my disneyland curse/blessing is wanting to go back too often

But I'm sure everyone has that feeling.

Comment

Originally posted by DrFink View Post
                            Whenever I go on Splash Mountain I get stuck in the front and get the most soaked. I think they put heavy people in the front on purpose to create a bigger splash.
                            Good trick for next time you're in front: after the pic... DUCK your friend behind you will get a of your splash you'll still get the side of boat splashes though lol

Comment

Originally posted by Quarar44 View Post
                              Whenever I'm watching World of Color or the fireworks I'm always directly behind someone filming the show with an iPad. Also, up until the last time I rode POTC, I was always seated in a REALLY chatty boat. The last time I was on it they loaded me in the front row and had the boat all to myself, which was both creepy and awesome!
                              Pirates is my favourite ride in the park, and one time I got seated in the front row and could not have been more excited, finally had it all to myself..but I got stuck in front of a foreign family who yelled in a different language the entire time

Comment

I will hear a whistle and say, "That sounds like the Mark Twain!" or a diesely smell and think of Autopia.
                                sigpic
                                Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X