This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News Private AP showing of Fantasmic! Aug 28, 10-12

This was on the Disney Blog on the 13th. I wanted to make sure folks were aware of it. Note that: 1. It's free. 2. GWTS ears are NOT required. Sorry if I missed a post about it somewhere else. Folks have been debating whether it's a good idea to have GWTS ears at F!, but no one had mentioned the whole free-private-AP-showing angle.

From the Disney Blog:

On Friday, we told you that the popular “Glow With the Show” Ears would soon light up audiences during “Fantasmic!” at Disneyland park, and today we’ve got some exciting news just for Disneyland Resort Annual Passholders! Registration is open right now for a special opportunity for Annual Passholders to “Glow With the Show” at a private viewing of “Fantasmic!” on August 28.

Bring your “Glow with the Show” Ears and be among the first to see this magical new experience! That’s right – the premiere showing of this special technology during “Fantasmic!” will be a private viewing exclusively for Disneyland Resort Annual Passholders. Register now to attend, because space is limited and based on availability!
    Here are the details:
    • One night only – Tuesday, August 28
    • 10 p.m. – 12 a.m.
    • Private viewing of “Fantasmic!” will begin at 11:30 p.m.
    • Select attractions, shops and food offerings will be open for event guests until 12 a.m.
    • Attendees are strongly encouraged to bring their own “Glow with the Show” Ears. Hats are not required for event attendance, but strongly encouraged for optimal viewing experience.

And here’s how you register:
    • Registration applies to Annual Passholder and up to 3 Annual Passholder guests
    • Visit any open ticket booth in the Disneyland Resort Main Entrance Esplanade
    • Present your active Annual Passport and a valid, government-issued photo I.D., as verification of your eligibility to register for the event
    • Based on availability, cast member will complete your registration and give you a voucher, required for admission to the event. Limit one (1) voucher per eligible Annual Passholder; multiple vouchers will not be honored
    Last edited by sailor310; 08-16-2012, 06:08 PM. Reason: gramar
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream.
    Mark Twain

Re: Private AP showing of Fantasmic! Aug 28, 10-12

Originally posted by sailor310 View Post
    • Attendees are strongly encouraged to bring their own “Glow with the Show” Ears. Hats are not required for event attendance, but strongly encouraged for optimal viewing experience.

Riiiiight.....

Comment

Darn can't go...wish they did this a month ago
      Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

yay!

Great... I already have a trip booked tues through thurs. Im sure space is limited... does anyone know how many passholders are allowed in? I was not sure about the glow ears but I will get some because it seems like they are developing more areas of the park to enjoy and enhance the expierence

Comment

Too bad they have to hold this during the work week.
          "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

Comment

^I know....and like....give us two weeks....wish they'd just had a list of events back in May through Summer for APs...so we had time to take off or just do it on a Friday
            Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

Since this is a bring-your-own-ears event (and I don't own a pair... nor do I want to purchase one), I won't be going. The Glow with the Show is cool, but I don't see it lasting long. It will probably fade out by the end of the year.
              "If you can dream it, you can do it" - Walt Disney

Comment

I don't understand AP events for things that aren't new/changed/previewing etc... Like what's the point? It's the same show that's there every day.

Comment

^I went to the Fantasmic 20th show...and it was just fun to be at an event with all Disney people..and all the rides were walk on....and it was just a fun free event..ment for Disney Fans to spend money and want to stay as APs
                  Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

Has anyone registered recently? Are there still spots available?
                    Follow me on Instagram: @disneylovingnurse :ap:

Comment

I just did yesterday. They just announced it on the 13th-14th, so I would think there would still be a lot of spots.
                      Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream.
                      Mark Twain

Comment

GWTS at Fantamic will be ongoing starting August 31st.

Disneyland Resort Guests are About to
                        Be Cool Stay in School!
                        Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Comment

Originally posted by DreamsofColor View Post
                          Since this is a bring-your-own-ears event (and I don't own a pair... nor do I want to purchase one), I won't be going. The Glow with the Show is cool, but I don't see it lasting long. It will probably fade out by the end of the year.
                          Exactly. Like Duffy, the Marketeers are pushing HARD for this to be a success, but it's not going to be. The level of technology has nothing to do with it - it's amazing - but an entire set of guests is not going to purchase ears every night. Sorry. Use the technology in something that's built into your attractions, not an added cost option.
                          Please consider the environment before printing useless emails

Comment

I'm really hating these AP events where they make you go to the ticket booths. Not all of us live down the block from Disneyland. I really wish they'd do this like the Soundsational event last year, where you could email and register that way.
                            Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

Comment

Picked up my reservation back on august 14th, I don't own the new glow with the show ear yet but considering purchasing them for this event.

Heres what the pass and brochure looks like:

Last edited by BradleyC; 08-18-2012, 07:13 PM.
                              Check Out my Instagram - http://instagram.com/bradinsocal

Comment

I think they're trying really hard to incorporate these value-adds for APers after the AP price increase. That is, you pay more, but now you're getting more than just free admission--now it's special events and such. I think they're still experimenting with different ways to do it, like having this and the last one be locals-only (or essentially locals-only by requiring ticket booth RSVPs). If there are still RSVP slots available on Monday, I plan to go.

Comment

I just picked mine up Saturday morning but the ticket booth lady said that there had been a lot of people registering.
                                  Follow me on Instagram: @disneylovingnurse :ap:

Comment

I know this may be a silly question, but what's the new technology being spoken about in Fantasmic?
                                    Gaston: LeFou, I'm afraid I've been thinking
                                    LeFou: A dangerous past time
                                    Gaston: I know

Comment

Originally posted by EpicOswald View Post
                                      I know this may be a silly question, but what's the new technology being spoken about in Fantasmic?
                                      The "new" technology is the synching of the GWTS ears to different effects in the show. Basically, what you see with GWTS ear at WOC, only at F!

Also, a poster on another board reported that the AP vouchers were "sold out" as of last night. Does anyone have any confirmation on this?

Comment

See you guys there!

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
                                        http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
                                        http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X