Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Idea] New exhibit to take the place of the Starcade; "An Apple for Tomorrow"

Know what I'd like to see in place of Starcade? An Apple exhibit.

Tomorrowland has been taken over by outer space.

Sure, thats futuristic, but the land isn't called "Spaceland".

It's called Tomorrowland.

Apple is the epitome of "tomorrow", creating revolutionary products that are changing the world as we speak.

In "An Apple for Tomorrow", Apple would take you on a tour of their products, all the way from the first ever Apple computer to future products they're working on, with Steve Jobs quotes written all over the walls in the classic Apple font.

Keeping with the semi-Disney theme, a small shop would be set up in the exhibit, selling Disney-themed Apple products, such as cases, Laptop stickers (such as the one with Snow White holding the Apple logo on laptops), and much more.

I think it could really revitalize Tomorrowland, and bring back the Tomorrow, in Tomorrowland.
    Fear of the unknown.

They are afraid of new ideas.

You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.

Re: New exhibit to take the place of the Starcade; "An Apple for Tomorrow"

Considering how much a pain in the buttocks it is to deal with Apple, I doubt they will ever set shop at Disneyland. If Disney were to set up an exhibit solely of Apple products, they would actually have to get permission from Apple to use their name on the exhibit. Apple would want a big paycheck from it too.

Very interesting concept though, but I think Apple is losing the luster they once had.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

Comment

Just as long as they make it entertaining
      http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
      http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ip-report.html
      http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...something.html

No matter where you go, there you are.

Comment

Apple is hardly the future. I am glad you love their products, but to many they are just as big of PITA as other company'sproducts. Sure they got there first in many instances, and sometimes second but had a bigger fan base. Changing the world? Really? What - by suing everyone over potential patent infringement? Take the work of Tesla - the creation of multi-phase alternating current. Now THAT changed the world. That we now have to put up with people carrying big iPads in front of them videoing the world (even on dark rides) looking like the zombie apocalypse - that is really a world changing improvement.

Not interested or interesting. Wouldn't revitalize Tomorrowland any more than Microsoft did. Just another tech guru/company with a following. Nothing to see here - move along...

=yawn=
        Last edited by Sambo; 08-17-2012, 08:47 PM.

sigpic

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

Comment

He's not that far off you know. Imagine if they replaced the starcade with something like a Hall of Aluminum fame? What a disaster that would be!!

For some some great trip reports, features and reviews, please check out http://www.thedisneylandreport.com.

Comment

I would say "Why would people want to spend their time looking at stuff they can't afford"
            In reality, I know many people go into the Emporium thinking that, So that would be an invalid argument.
            DisneyTwins
            Since May 2003

Comment

Alright, maybe "changing the world" was a bit extreme, but they are paving the way for computers, and they are creating products for tomorrow, making our lives easier.
              Fear of the unknown.

They are afraid of new ideas.

You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.

Comment

If you can name something that Apple did that was innovative. It was not the ipod(portable mp3 player), iphone(smart phone) Apple Computer(PC with mouse). They are only a marketing company at best.

If Apple thinks it should have products at Disney, it would be a store in DTD.
                Be Cool Stay in School!
                Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Comment

Originally posted by Chesire View Post
                  Alright, maybe "changing the world" was a bit extreme, but they are paving the way for computers, and they are creating products for tomorrow, making our lives easier.
                  Paving the way for computers? Seriously? Your average auto today has over a thousand times the computing power that the Apollo mission used to land on the moon. Apple did nothing at all to make either happen. I had computers in my house long before the iPod, iPad, and iPhone. Computers existed before Apple and this may shock you - the majority of computers out there are not Apple.

Creating products for tomorrow? Nope - they are creating products for today. Nothing else can be said.

Making our lives easier? By putting up with people walking around face down on their iPhone or Swiveling around like broken gate with an iPad in front of them? That certainly doesn't make life easier for many folks - it makes it a pain, and is annoying at best.

Apple is simply another bleeding tech company that has a certain design aesthetic, look and feel, style and yes - at times they are even somewhat innovative how they crank out yet another product. They have definitely helped China's economy.

I am happy that the company gives you products that make you happy.

sigpic

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

Comment

Frankly I would like to see Disney approach any upcoming "tomorrow" concept from a global perspective rather than tap our big box domestic corporations. If we want to truly get a great big beautiful tomorrow outlook we have to tap into the international market and our domestic learning institutions. While Apple is definitely making consumers lives easier they are fundamentally a media company first and a technology company second as they make technology as a bridge for consumers to reach their media and then experience it. In my opinion this pales in comparison to the Japanese who are developing holographic media technology or the Koreans who are leading the way in "thinking & communicating robotics". Disney Research Zurich just released advanced anamatronic face grafting technology and the general public is already able to own their own 3D printing machine for crying out loud!

The point is that Tomorrowland should be about showcasing everything fascinating about technology, science, and human achievement. It should invite the citizens of today to wrap their heads around the stimulating and teasingly unobtainable concepts of tomorrow. I was only 6 or so when I rode Journey Into Inner Space for the last time but I rode it enough to become passionate about science which eventually led to me becoming a software programmer. Little things "no pun intended" like JTIS is to me what the true spirit of Tomorrowland should be, not consumerism hence why I facepalm every time I think about the Dream Home. I commend Apple for their achievements but that company's logo has no place in Tomorrowland. I am sure that is why Steve Jobs never suggested pushing the Apple brand in the parks even when he had his position on the board.
                    Many Bothans died to bring you these fastpasses.

Comment

Sorry, not an Apple fan. They parade around as the innovators of computers when in reality they are almost always a few steps behind in technology from their competitors. They have a great marketing department and fancy store fronts to hook you line and sinker. Their business practices involving Chinese laborers are downright deplorable.

Comment

I love it I'm an apple geek so I LOVE IT!!!
                        Take a look at some of my models I make at kolbykonnection.com

Comment

If they showed future tech sure...but Apple is pretty hush hush on things that they can't sell you yet....so I'd rather not see "another" apple store..since you can go to a Best Buy...or Apple Store every few miles now if you want to be surrounded by Apple Products
                          Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

I actually think it sounds kinda cool but maybe better suited to EPCOT where you could have a whole IT pavilion maybe replacing the old wonders of life

Comment

Would only happen if Apple sponsored and HP left.

Even thought Steve is/was the largest stockholder of Disney, Disney and Apple are separate companies (strangely, Steve owned almost no Apple Stock).

And what powers Disney...

IBM Servers and Storage. (I know a member of the IBM engineering and technical support team assigned there, who tells me that Disney has been one of IBM's biggest customers since 1955, ranking with Bank of America and NYSE).

Xerox (Formally ACS) provides their IT services.

HP and Lenovo Desktop and Laptops.

Remember HP has a sponsorship in innovations, I'm sure it's exclusive for Technology.

Comment

Originally posted by Disneytwins View Post
                                I think Apple is losing the luster they once had.
                                *guffaw* Yeah, that's why they have a stock price of around $650.00 a share now. Because they're losing their luster.:lol:

Comment

Originally posted by Retrocool View Post
                                  *guffaw* Yeah, that's why they have a stock price of around $650.00 a share now. Because they're losing their luster.:lol:
                                  Stock price does not necessarily equate that they have the best product.

Comment

Originally posted by Seawolf View Post
                                    Stock price does not necessarily equate that they have the best product.
                                    Doesn't mean they have the worst, though.

Don't get me wrong; I'm not a big fan of the situation in China, either, but Apple has consistently made quality products for a long, long time. No, not every individual unit is perfect, and not every product they introduce is a grand slam home run, but overall, they make quality goods that are (fairly) easy to use, and in many cases retain their value long after they cease production.

Comment

Originally posted by Retrocool View Post
                                      Doesn't mean they have the worst, though.
                                      No, it doesn't make them worst either but the way some put them on a pedestal and go as far as to say they belong in Tomorrowland being presented as a futuristic product is way over the top.

Don't get me wrong; I'm not a big fan of the situation in China, either, but Apple has consistently made quality products for a long, long time. No, not every individual unit is perfect, and not every product they introduce is a grand slam home run, but overall, they make quality goods that are (fairly) easy to use, and in many cases retain their value long after they cease production.
                                      Depends on what your definition of quality is. If you find exterior looks and fancy operating systems to be quality then yes, that might fit your description. From my perspective they are grossly overpriced machines that can be configured similarly anywhere from 500-1000 dollars cheaper elsewhere or with a custom build. If they were made in the United States I might be able to tolerate that price, but not with their current unethical business practices that got them that stock price to begin with.
                                      Last edited by Seawolf; 08-18-2012, 08:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Seawolf View Post
                                        If they were made in the United States I might be able to tolerate that price, but not with their current unethical business practices that got them that stock price to begin with.
                                        When the tech bubble bursts Apple will find themselves exactly where they were 20 years ago except they won't have Steve to pull them back out again. In terms of longevity and relevance I'd much rather see a Samsung or Intel pavilion in Tomorrowland.
                                        Many Bothans died to bring you these fastpasses.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X