This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Idea] Miley Mileage Meter

Now that Miley's fifteen minutes are definitively over... can we replace that huge pic in the Lincoln hallway already?

How about replacing her with Annette, still a graceful symbol of the Walt Disney era, and someone who remains beloved by boomers fifty years later!

Re: Miley Mileage Meter

Absolutely yes.
    "Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
    it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
    together with every variety of recreation and fun,
    designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
    - Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
    - Bob Chapek

Comment

Not a fan of Miley, never saw Hannah Montana, but a small photo of her does not seem incredibly out of place in a wall of famous Disney associations - she is undoubtedly the figurehead of Disney's new generation movement. However, the giant photo is too much.

In a gallery of hundreds, she should be included.

In a gallery of a dozen, she should get the smallest portrait, not the largest, if she's included at all.

Especially now that she's moved on from her Disney connections, it's time to downsize or move on. There's nothing wrong with honoring the present, but the storied past is what Main Street - and Great Moments - is all about.

Comment

Either her 15 minutes of fame are over, or you're looking at the next Madonna.

Just to let you know I'm not a fan, but at the same time I don't judge. You just never know...

Comment

Of course, I'd choose to honor Annette over Madonna at Disneyland too!

Comment

I still choose Madonna or Britney.
            ONE TWO THREE NOT ONLY YOU AND ME :vogue:

Comment

How about the guy who voiced Donald Duck?
              http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
              http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ip-report.html
              http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...something.html

No matter where you go, there you are.

Comment

Good god, that's still in there???
                "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

Comment

It's still there, and I'm sure it's only a matter of time before it is removed since her ties with the Company are sort of cut.

I'm sure I'll get blasted for this but like it or not, Miley Cyrus and her TV alter ego Hannah Montana were both huge for Disney which I'm sure is why she was placed in there in the first place. Not to mention many, many, young girls looked/still look up to her. Sure she has not been the best role model recently by most standards but unfortunately that is "young" Hollywood today. And to be completely honest, I wouldn't be surprised if most young kids recognized Miley quicker than almost anyone else in that hall.

Going back to what I said before, I'm sure sooner rather than later it will get taken down. Although I sure will miss the buzz and "controversy" over the infamous Miley photo in the Disneyland fan boy community once it's removed.
                  Last edited by explodingboy; 08-20-2012, 08:03 AM.

Comment

Oh yes please.

Comment

She moved from her fifteen minutes of fame to fifteen years of lame. Just get that photo out of there, the sooner we have a chance to forget - the better.

sigpic

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

Comment

Please replace.

Carry on...

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

-Walt Disney

Comment

Yes, please update the Miley portrait! It's so out of date, she just chopped off her hair!

Comment

Of that entire exhibit, only a handful have direct Disney connections (Walt, Mary Blair, Jim Henson, etc.). The "Spirit of" displays are not Disney's Greatest Hits or Most Influential To Disney or Disney Fan Favorites or Disney's Biggest Moneymakers. Other pictures are people like Martin Luther King Jr, Helen Keller, Amelia Earhart, Rosa Parks, Jackie Robinson, Bob Hope, Bill Gates, and Albert Einstein, among many others. NOT a group of Disney-associated famous people.

She's on the "Spirit of Celebration" wall next to Michael Jackson and Elvis.

Click image for larger version

Name:	after-3.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	133.1 KB
ID:	7344494

I will be glad to see her go.

Comment

While I was never a huge fan of Miley Cyrus/Hannah Montana, the show and entertainer did HUGE things for the franchise and drawing the tween crowd. She moved beyond the pale Disney person to an actual star (subjective, obviously). It doesn't bother me to see the picture as she is a part of Disney history. It would have been nice to have a better picture tho... LOL
                              <3 There are a million cupcakes in the world but only one is Cupcake Terror. <3

I AM THE REBEL SPY.

Comment

Originally posted by ShelbyH View Post
                                Of that entire exhibit, only a handful have direct Disney connections (Walt, Mary Blair, Jim Henson, etc.). The "Spirit of" displays are not Disney's Greatest Hits or Most Influential To Disney or Disney Fan Favorites or Disney's Biggest Moneymakers. Other pictures are people like Martin Luther King Jr, Helen Keller, Amelia Earhart, Rosa Parks, Jackie Robinson, Bob Hope, Bill Gates, and Albert Einstein, among many others. NOT a group of Disney-associated famous people.

She's on the "Spirit of Celebration" wall next to Michael Jackson and Elvis.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23281[/ATTACH]

I will be glad to see her go.
                                For some reason the long blonde wig-wearing Miley makes me feel slightly nostalgic even though I've never been a fan of her. It could be worse. Imagine if Justin Beiber had worked for Disney.

Comment

Originally posted by Irish Princess View Post
                                  For some reason the long blonde wig-wearing Miley makes me feel slightly nostalgic even though I've never been a fan of her. It could be worse. Imagine if Justin Beiber had worked for Disney.
                                  In her heyday, Hannah Montana was a bigger star than Justin Beiber is.

Comment

Yeah...we have wanted her down since day one.....who ever made the final design about her being up there...was pretty darn stupid
                                    Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
                                      Yeah...we have wanted her down since day one.....who ever made the final design about her being up there...was pretty darn stupid
                                      I remember reading that person was Tony Baxter...

Comment

Its not that she has a picture that bothers me, it's where she is placed! Next to Michael Jackson (one of the biggest pop stars of all time) and Elvis Presley (the king)! What makes Myley important enough to be even near these two music legends? She had a show on cable that lasted 5 seasons, a few somewhat popular songs, and an ego almost as big as Snooki's. It's about time Disney moved past their obsession with Myley and take down that awful picture.
                                        Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X