This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Corn Dog question

I couldn't be a bigger fan of the corndogs! I recently introduced one of my friends to one and shes hooked just as well. I don't know what it is about them but they are just super bombdigity!! Especially with a side of fries oh mann

Comment

Originally posted by KiMcHeEfOrLiFe View Post
      I may be in the minority here, but I never thought the corn dogs at the DLR are very great. I've had them multiple times, and they've always tasted bleh. In my opinion, I think Hot Dog on a Stick is MUCH better. I just learned about the spicy corn dogs though, and have yet to try them. Maybe that'll change my mind?
      The main difference between DLR and Hot Dog on a Stick is that DLR corndogs use more batter and the hot dog is much larger.

Comment

The corn dogs are great and I've been told if you buy your drink at the Plaza Inn next door you can get refills.

Comment

Originally posted by Second Star View Post
          Originally posted by calsig31 View Post
          Actually, they can be baked in the oven and taste much better that way. The directions are on the box.
          Sorry, I must respectfully but emphatically disagree. There is nothing like a fresh and hot corndog, and Disney's are the best I've had anywhere. Well, except the ones that where on the grab and go table at Destination D just recently. YUK!!!
          Um... my post was in a response to another poster saying the ones you buy at home have to be microwaved. That's why I pointed out that the ones at home can be baked and taste better than microwave dogs. I wasn't referring to Disney's battered grease logs anywhere in my post.
          "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

Comment

Um... my post was in a response to another poster saying the ones you buy at home have to be microwaved. That's why I pointed out that the ones at home can be baked and taste better than microwave dogs. I wasn't referring to Disney's battered grease logs anywhere in my post.
            Please excuse me. However reading your posts here, and particularly this last comment, which I've highlighted, I think its safe to assume you are not a fan of the Disney corndog, and would prefer a baked store bought version. So, my disagreement stands.
            My Disney blog: http://disneyhistory-myjourneyofdiscovery.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Second Star View Post
              Please excuse me. However reading your posts here, and particularly this last comment, which I've highlighted, I think its safe to assume you are not a fan of the Disney corndog, and would prefer a baked store bought version. So, my disagreement stands.
              Actually, I wouldn't prefer either one, however if it came to choosing a microwaved one over a baked one, I would happily wait the extra time it takes to bake one rather than have a soggy irradiated dog.
              "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

Comment

Originally posted by ShelbyH View Post
                The main difference between DLR and Hot Dog on a Stick is that DLR corndogs use more batter and the hot dog is much larger.
                Yes both are true. But I just feel the Hot Dog on a Stick taste better. I'm not too keen on the batter from the DLR.
                My Adventure Blog

flickr

Comment

Originally posted by KiMcHeEfOrLiFe View Post
                  Yes both are true. But I just feel the Hot Dog on a Stick taste better. I'm not too keen on the batter from the DLR.
                  Hot Dog on a Stick is also a turkey dog.

Comment

I don't know, after hearing all the rave reviews and seeing the long lines at The Little Red Wagon, I WANTED to love the DL corn dogs...but my mom and I finally tried them at Stage Door about two years ago and they were SO greasy. Like my mouth literally filled up with grease when I took a bite. It wasn't really a pleasant experience. I want to give them another try sometime, maybe from the Red Wagon instead, but I just fear it will be more of the same.

Comment

Man am I hungry! I'm craving a giant corn dog with lots of mustard and some fries with lots of ketchup. Clearly... I don't mind a little grease

Comment

I'd had 'em from the cart a couple of times and LOVED them, wondered why I'd waited so many years to try one.

Then I had one from the Stage Door and -- as other posters have noted -- it was soggy with grease, instead of perfectly crispy golden brown, as they'd been from the cart. Perhaps it's because they have to cook so many ahead? The limited space of the red wagon may just mean they're fresher (tho' the line may be longer).

Maybe they just taste better because the cart is cuter?

I don't ever buy corn dogs anywhere else...ANYWHERE else. At Disneyland though, it's the perfect quick and tasty lunch.

Comment

They are both by far the best corndogs i have ever had

Comment

Originally posted by emwhysee View Post
                            Maybe they just taste better because the cart is cuter?

I don't ever buy corn dogs anywhere else...ANYWHERE else. At Disneyland though, it's the perfect quick and tasty lunch.
                            As I recall, the Stage Door Cafe is really kind of hidden, so I don't usually see a lot of traffic there. The one night that I had corndog there, it was pretty busy, and my dog was fresh, so... The Red Wagon in DL and Corn Dog Castle in DCA are always busy, so the dogs are usually fresh. I think that's the difference.
                            My Disney blog: http://disneyhistory-myjourneyofdiscovery.blogspot.com/

Comment

Man, a Disneyland corn dog sounds DELICIOUS right now. I had my wisdom teeth removed yesterday and I'm craving some solid food. Ice cream and soup just ain't cutting it.

Comment

Hot Dog on a Stick is also a turkey dog.
                                Is it really? I did not know that!

But yeah, anyways, the corn dogs at DLR are okay IMO.
                                My Adventure Blog

flickr

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X