This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Other] Matterhorn Hurt my back!

I just rode Matterhorn (tOmmorowland side. Row6)
    The ride honestly hurt my back. There is barely any cushion on the seat and every single bump basically vibrated strongly into my body. I am not a ligitous person, but I honestly think Disney will no doubt be sued by someone over this attraction. The ride was not fun and I am honestly in pain.

Does anyone else have any pain from this attraction?
    If so, which row were you sitting in?

Honesty I think I need to bring a pillow if I want to ever ride the tommorowland side again.
    Perhaps they can rent out foam pads like you can get at ball games for sitting on hard bleachers!
    Matterhorn is now uncomfortable and painful in some cases
    60.82%
    Matterhorn causes me no discomfort and I have had no pain to speak of from the attraction.
    39.18%
    Last edited by CAspace; 08-21-2012, 07:23 AM.

Re: Matterhorn Hurt my back!

I found the ride to be smoother and much better than before.

Comment

I would not say...pain just very very unconformable and still bumper then needs to be....I'd rather of them kept the old vehicles and upgrade Harold and the effects more
      Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TikiRoomLiz View Post
        I found the ride to be smoother and much better than before.
        What row and side were you sitting on?
        I honestly think the tommorow land side row 6 can really injure Someone. I am really not kidding, If anyone here works for Disney please, have someone take a look at this issue. It would be best to prevent a injury and a costly settlement. I know how interested Disney lawyers are in preventing settlements and court cases (especially P.I Cases).
        Last edited by CAspace; 08-21-2012, 08:23 AM.

Comment

You know I have a co-worker who is a big Disney enthusiast and he mentioned that it depends on which seat you sit in (I haven't gotten to ride yet.) He stated that the seats at the end of the cars seem to have more leg space because you can put your feet forward and under the middle seat..but has to be manuvered there..and the middle seat they can't put their feet anywhere and the first seat has some leg space..I imagine this funky design probably causes people to sit awarkdly and therefore have a less than enjoyable ride.

And I agree it's just a matter of time before someone claims, back, neck or knee injury. These seats do not seem to be politically correct for riders of all shapes and sizes.
          Feel free to visit my Etsy Shop; https://www.etsy.com/shop/AlienKaboo...=hdr_shop_menu
          to see my Disney and StarWars skirts for little girls.

Comment

This issue really is not related to foot placement but more to lack of any padding IMHO. Each bump on track is conducted through the plastic and body with high intensity. I would not wish this experience on anyone but if you happen to ride row 6 tommorowland side I am sure you would agree.
            My favorite ride is no longer enjoyable! Perhaps row 1 car 1 is better.

My back is hurting though.

Comment

I used to get this every time I rode it. I'm rather scrawny so my lack of natural cushion doesn't help much but I would always come off of that ride sore. I would hurt my tailbone, hips, or back. I don't ride it as often anymore. It's really bumpy. It feels like every time the tracks join together there's a but thump.
              With kind regards,
              The Tony

Comment

Over the weekend I rode in car 1 on the Fantasyland side. About a minute off the ride I got a headache and later that night my neck started to hurt, which still hurts today!

I've ridden it before and even though it is uncomfortable I never really had a problem. I have noticed that a lot of people have trouble getting out of the bobsleds. I'm thinking maybe the should break the bobsleds apart and only have 3 cars instead of 6.

Comment

Its one side smoother than the other? It's been years since I've ridden this ride. We are now pushing 50 yrs old and kinda have achy backs as it is. I always liked the tomorrowland side better.... but not if it's going to hurt me. LOL Actually.... my intention was to ride this first on an early admission day, then Nemo, as they usually have long lines and no FP. Any suggestions for us?

Comment

Originally posted by BasilofBakerStreet View Post
                    Over the weekend I rode in car 1 on the Fantasyland side. About a minute off the ride I got a headache and later that night my neck started to hurt, which still hurts today!

I've ridden it before and even though it is uncomfortable I never really had a problem. I have noticed that a lot of people have trouble getting out of the bobsleds. I'm thinking maybe the should break the bobsleds apart and only have 3 cars instead of 6.
                    How about they add a couple inches of tempurpedic type foam or vibration reducing cushion to the seats?
                    Last edited by CAspace; 08-21-2012, 10:24 AM.

Comment

I love this ride but it has always been fairly bumpy and uncomfortable. I haven't been on the updated version yet but I remember riding it in 2008 and I had a sore neck later on.
                      Merrily on our way to nowhere at all.

Comment

For me I have been in all of the rows on the TL side. The seats plain suck IMHO. I feel each bump and makes the ride unenjoyable in some cases. The best seats for me at 6-0 230 is either row 3 or 5. Row 1 and 4 have no leg room whatso ever and really did actually hurt my lower back. I know not to sit there i ask for 3 and 5 always and enjoy the attraction again. A little padding would go a long way though in these new vehicles I think. I am not sure how anyone who tested these plastic seats could honestly say wow these are great. But working at a huge company I know where it came from. Money and company protection!!
                        These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

DL 55th BDAY trip report
                        My company had a special night at the park
                        WdW trip report with WWoHP
                        NYE 2011 trip report
                        Mice Chat 7th anniversary
                        Leap year 24 hour report
                        New DCA trip report
                        NYE 2012
                        HKDL trip report

Comment

If we can get John Lassetter to sit in the Tommorowland side, row 6, I guarantee after he experiences this for himself a change will be quickly implemented.
                          If anyone has access to Mr. Lasseter, Please pass on the message.

Help us O-Bi Wan Lasseter, your our only hope!

Comment

I know that it would have cost much more and would have created a longer down time(?).......but I wish that Disney could have torn out the tracks and installed a completely new coaster ride track and vehicles. With what is available these days, there must have been something that would have fit into the mountain and created a great ride experience for riders. They did it with Space Mountain.

Comment

Originally posted by CAspace View Post
                              If we can get John Lassetter to sit in the Tommorowland side, row 6, I guarantee after he experiences this for himself a change will be quickly implemented.
                              If anyone has access to Mr. Lasseter, Please pass on the message.

Help us O-Bi Wan Lasseter, your our only hope!
                              Did you tell City Hall? Did you go to First Aid and say hey, this ride is too rough and it hurt my back? Not sure how effective posting on the internet and asking someone out there to pass it on to John Lasseter will be! :lol:

Comment

I rode the new Matterhorn for the first time last week. It was so painful for both my wife and I that we only went on it once. I think that it could be improved with padded seats but we were really disappointed.

Comment

^ I certainly did mention the pain my family and I received while riding Matterhorn to the proper channels. Unfortunately I do not believe the proper channels (City hall) and the like, do anything useful with the information. John Lasseter is a huge Disneyland fan in addition to being a top level executive that actually has real power in the company. Mice Chat is a very popular forum that many Pixar and Disney employees some who have close connection to John frequent regularly. My hope is someone here will read it and pass the message to the one who actually makes mostly good things happen at the parks, Mr. John Lasseter. Our Disneyland version of Obi Wan Kenobi!

Comment

^ I certainly did mention the pain my family and I received while riding Matterhorn to the proper channels. Unfortunately I do not believe the proper channels (City hall) and the like, do anything useful with the information.

What 'channels?' Did you go to First Aid or not? Did they take down your information? You didn't mention any of that in your posts. You may be right about City Hall, but I would suspect recorded complaints due to pain wouldn't go unnoticed.

Comment

Originally posted by brenden View Post
                                      What 'channels?' Did you go to First Aid or not? Did they take down your information? You didn't mention any of that in your posts. You may be right about City Hall, but I would suspect recorded complaints due to pain wouldn't go unnoticed.
                                      My Dear Friend, Yes I went to First aid, Yes they took a report, I also went to city hall.
                                      I am also posting to my favorite Disney forum to hopefully get some traction to make my once favorite attraction, rideable for my family and I.

A little padding and a little more imagineering of a more comfortable seat is all I am asking for. The ride in certain seating locations is frankly dangerous at this point. It looks like the consensus that Matterhorn causes body pain is currently 50/50. There must be certain rows or sides or even specific sleds that are smoother then others.

Comment

My Dear Friend, Yes I went to First aid, Yes they took a report, I also went to city hall.
                                        That's all I wanted to know. :thumbup:

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X