Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

The Best Coin-Op Machine in the Park

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Best Coin-Op Machine in the Park

Coin Operated machines can often produce the cheapest of souveniers and shortest of waits in the park.

My favorite? "Fortune Red."

It's been there every time I have, it's price has never increased (still 25 cents) and always produces a cool Pirates of the Caribbean card. Last time the sound wasn't working but I still got a card out of it. Hopefully Red will continue to be looked after as well as it has been in the past.

Honorable mentions: Shruken Ned and Indiana Jones: The Pinball Adventure.

Nominations anyone?

Re: The Best Coin-Op Machine in the Park

We always stop for a Fortune Red card after riding POTC. And then sometimes on the card, Red tells you where to go next. It's tradition that you have to complete his task before leaving the park, since we've seen the cursed treasure and all!
    A signature should go here.

Comment

Shrunken Ned is my DD's favorite!

Comment

I'll have to check out the fortune red card machine next time I go. Where exactly is it? It sounds like fun!

Comment

What is the coin making machine in the store at the end of PotC? It made the stamped doubloon. Is it still there? I used to stamp the date of my visits but haven't done it in many years.

So what exactly os on the fortune cards?

Thanks
          Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

Comment

Just this last time I found a coin stamping machine in a little nook between the Pirates shop and Le Bat En Rouge that is shaped like a coffin, is purple and stamps Nightmare pictures into quarters! Sadly, I did not have enough quarters, but I did take pictures of the machine. Next time I will be sure to have quarters!

Comment

My favorite is Esmeralda in the Penny Arcade. Always disturbingly accurate.

And I used to love the doubloon stamper in Pieces of Eight, but they took that out.
              Member of the Disney Class of 2005
              Disneyland CM for 4 years.
              May 6, 2005 - present.

Comment

Originally posted by EagleWings
                I'll have to check out the fortune red card machine next time I go. Where exactly is it? It sounds like fun!
                It's in the "Pieces of Eight" shop in New Orleans Square. Fortune Red sits in the corner opposite the register and is the same size as the Esmerelda Fortune Machine on Main Street. Definately worth a try!

Comment

Originally posted by DLandFansAZ
                  What is the coin making machine in the store at the end of PotC? It made the stamped doubloon. Is it still there? I used to stamp the date of my visits but haven't done it in many years.

So what exactly os on the fortune cards?

Thanks
                  I believe the doubloon machine is still there but it usually isn't working. The fortune card has an illustration of a Disney-esque pirate followed by your fortune (which usually tells you what attraction you will visit during your day at Disneyland).

Some pictures and sample cards can be found at the link below:
                  http://sorcerersworkshop.org/piratesarcade.shtml

Comment

It's tradition for my best girlfriend and I to get Fortune Red cards when we go to Disneyland together.

I think the dubloon machine is gone (cuz if I'd seen it, I would have tried to get one)...but I heard that they are fixing it and bringing it back for when they revamp Pirates this year

Comment

Shrunken Ned and the Other Magic Lamp.....those are the best ever!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X