This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Idea] Tarzan's Jungle trail?

Tarzan's treehouse is a very small Walkthrough attraction high above Adventureland. Guests can take a quick 5 minute hike through a small treehouse with some interactive features but not much else to keep guests entertained. As Adventureland currently sits, there is no ground space available for expansion. This means that the only space available is up or down. I just had a random idea that would expand Tarzan's tree house's appeal and give Adventureland slightly more walking area.

Tarzan's Treehouse would remain as is, but would be expanded. A new treetop bridge would take guests high above Indiana Jones's queue and the Jungle Cruise. New trees and bridges would be build high above jungle cruise providing excellent views of the jungle. This new jungle treehouse/ trail would be similar to RCCT in DCA but would become the second layer to Adventureland. At the back of the trail a zip line would be built that took daring guests on a high speed zip through the forest canopy. A few other small playground like attractions could be added also.

Anyways there's the basics for my idea to add more small attractions to Adventureland without needing to remove anything. Just wondering if anyone else had any ideas of how to expand Adventureland.
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

Re: Tarzan's Jungle trail?

Love it!
    "Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money." - ​Walt Disney

Comment

What would you like to see along the trail then?

Comment

Animatronic Monkeys, parrots, sloths, giant (vampire?) bats, a puma, snakes. Stuck/stranded scientists being harrassed by animals. A plane crashed and stuck in the canopy.
        "Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money." - ​Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by greenalfonzo View Post
          Animatronic Monkeys, parrots, sloths, giant (vampire?) bats, a puma, snakes. Stuck/stranded scientists being harrassed by animals. A plane crashed and stuck in the canopy.
          Wow I love all of those ideas... It really could be the tree top version of jungle cruise

Comment

What a great idea! Love it!

Comment

Creative idea, but I would be concerned that the Jungle Cruise atmosphere would suffer if passengers could see people wandering along elevated walkways above. Then there is the safety factor of such walkways. And as I recall, the skyway between Tomorrowland and Fantasyland had to be closed because, among other things, there was a continuing problem of passengers tossing things and/or spitting on those below.
              ______
              Rachane

Comment

Originally posted by Rachane View Post
                Creative idea, but I would be concerned that the Jungle Cruise atmosphere would suffer if passengers could see people wandering along elevated walkways above. Then there is the safety factor of such walkways. And as I recall, the skyway between Tomorrowland and Fantasyland had to be closed because, among other things, there was a continuing problem of passengers tossing things and/or spitting on those below.
                All good points. However, they don't have this problem with the current Tarzan's treehouse and the don't have any problems with it at RCCT as far as I know.

Comment

I feel like the loudness of guests would disrupt the skippers talking, and would ruin the jungle atmosphere as a previous poster said.

Great idea, though.
                  Fear of the unknown.

They are afraid of new ideas.

You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco21 View Post
                    All good points. However, they don't have this problem with the current Tarzan's treehouse and the don't have any problems with it at RCCT as far as I know.
                    On RCCT you are fully enlosed, something they repeat now in other high play areas.

I do not think it would work for JC, there are no people on bridges over the Amazon Nile or Ganges filled with people. These bridges would need to be low so you aren't so high to see out to the rooftops and Esplande. Also Adventureland is themed to and older period than canopy tours that because popular in the last coule decades.

This would be a great idea for DAK. In a sense they have it on the Kilamajaro Safari Wild Africa Trek | Walt Disney World Resort , but this could be a great addition to Asia.
                    Be Cool Stay in School!
                    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Comment

Good points... I always thought AK needed more play areas/ high exploration areas.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X