X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News Candlelight free to AP holders!

Here is the link to the article on the Disney Parks Blog:
    Disney Parks Blog - The official blog for Disneyland Resort, Walt Disney World and Disney Cruise Line

I for one just jumped out of my seat when I read this.
    Anyone else agree with me when I say "Finally something for free as a thank you for us AP holders"
    or Do you just think that is a bratty way to think?

Totally open to everyone's opinions and thoughts on this matter.

I just need to wait and see what it will be like if you are not an AP holder. I will be in the parks with my mom who does not have an AP and she just about cried when she found out she might be able to go because she has never been able to afford it herself. (she doesn't have an AP because she lives too far from the park to travel alone and what not)

:yea:
    sigpic

Re: Candlelight free to AP holders!

Ohh..didn't even knew this was an extra charge...but yeah for Free stuff for APs
    Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

It seems like D.L. has become a cruise ship with a lot of optional add-ons and extras.

Comment

Thanks for the scoop! Candlelight, AP early entry, and special AP showing of Fantasmic!. You might get the impression DL actually liked APs and wanted them to get more for their money.
        Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream.
        Mark Twain

Comment

Where do you see it is "free"? Yes, the standing area will be free as usual, but the way I read it is they will be offering dining packages to AP holders and their guests, just like they used to 3-5 years ago. Am I the only one who remembers how this used to be (including the computers crashing?)

"however, performances from December 3-20 will be open to Disneyland Resort Annual Passholders and guests booking special, to-be-announced dining packages for the 2012 holiday season."

ETA - OK, I see where they are now saying APs will be able to register for a slot. My guess is they will have seating something like Mon-Thurs and dining packages on weekends. It will probably be like the current and past offers where you have to show the APs for all involved.
          If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Comment

Originally posted by Malcon10t View Post
            Where do you see it is "free"? Yes, the standing area will be free as usual, but the way I read it is they will be offering dining packages to AP holders and their guests, just like they used to 3-5 years ago. Am I the only one who remembers how this used to be (including the computers crashing?)

No Mal, I remember it way too well. For a family of three it turned out to be over a thousand bucks, IF you could actually book the thing on their constantly crashing site.
            I've done both, sat in the prized seating areas as well as found a couple of spots as a standee. In truth though it requires a bit more stamina and a sturdier bladder, there are one or two spots (and I ain't telling where) that have far better sight lines and a fuller audio mix than any of the seating areas, and it's a heckuvalot cheaper too.
            First Visit at the age of 12, July 17, 1968.
            First Ride, The Disneyland and Santa Fe Railroad.
            BRING BACK THE PEOPLE MOVER!

Comment

This is from the blog update
              "UPDATE 8/21/12: There will be no cost for registered Annual Passholders to attend the Candlelight Ceremony and Processional. Registration details will be available soon.
              A limited number of dining packages will also be available and will include reserved seating for selected performances – details and costs for these packages will be announced at a later date."
              for more details here is the link

While I would like to see it, not sure how I feel about it being on Main street and running for 20 days. I will wait for more details.
              Last edited by mouseknotts; 08-21-2012, 07:15 PM.

Comment

Okay, maybe I'm missing something, but hasn't Candlelight always been free? I know there are dining packages w/ reserved seating, but I always thought, like any other DL show, you could watch as long as you could find a spot.
                Disneyland Historic Preservation Society
                Charter Member

Comment

Originally posted by Broadway Guru View Post
                  Okay, maybe I'm missing something, but hasn't Candlelight always been free? I know there are dining packages w/ reserved seating, but I always thought, like any other DL show, you could watch as long as you could find a spot.
                  Yes, the standing spots around Town Square have always been free. However, the seating in the prime center area has not been free. That has been reserved for VIPs, people who bought dining packages, and one year for D23 members who paid through the nose.

Comment

This is indeed GREAT NEWS! Can't wait!
                    sigpic

Comment

Sounds good. Probably won't get it though, as I'm sure it will fill up super-fast

Disneyland - 1982 to Present
                      Walt Disney World - 1996, 2011
                      Tokyo Disney Resort - 2013
                      Hong Kong Disneyland - 2013

Comment

Originally posted by 14 MPH View Post
                        Sounds good. Probably won't get it though, as I'm sure it will fill up super-fast
                        Considering over the course of the 18 days, there will be maybe 5000 seats available to the nearly one million AP holders, chances are pretty slim.
                        If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Comment

Especially if they make you go to the park to sign up. Sometimes even close AP holders cannot get there in time to sign up.

Comment

I know that there are holes in this plan Disney is coming up with. But why just complain and rip it apart. Why not be positive about the situation? Why not be excited there is some different and new happening?
                            I know I opened this thread for debate, and I am contributing to it as well.
                            I guess I am just shocked by the negativity and nay sayers in this particular situation.
                            You can't always make everyone happy I know that. But I really think DLR is trying to make family events such as this more available, exciting and a chance for all of us to make our own magical memories this year.
                            Yes there are downfalls, price increase, major refurbs, contruction, etc.
                            But that shouldnt stop you from planning and having a good time, just reap the benefits of change, not wallow in the pool of what is no more.

I realize my opinion is not shared by most, I just wanted to try and share my perspective and thought process.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Acpisme View Post
                              Especially if they make you go to the park to sign up. Sometimes even close AP holders cannot get there in time to sign up.
                              Ohh, I'm sure they will... but if you want to get a dinner package, you can get that online! :-)

Comment

Originally posted by QueenBee View Post
                                I know that there are holes in this plan Disney is coming up with. But why just complain and rip it apart. Why not be positive about the situation? Why not be excited there is some different and new happening?
                                I know I opened this thread for debate, and I am contributing to it as well.
                                I guess I am just shocked by the negativity and nay sayers in this particular situation.
                                You can't always make everyone happy I know that. But I really think DLR is trying to make family events such as this more available, exciting and a chance for all of us to make our own magical memories this year.
                                Yes there are downfalls, price increase, major refurbs, contruction, etc.
                                But that shouldnt stop you from planning and having a good time, just reap the benefits of change, not wallow in the pool of what is no more.

I realize my opinion is not shared by most, I just wanted to try and share my perspective and thought process.
                                I am completely in agreement.

Comment

I know that there are holes in this plan Disney is coming up with. But why just complain and rip it apart. Why not be positive about the situation? Why not be excited there is some different and new happening? .
                                  Simple. They are going to open this up. If it goes as it has been going, they will allow 4-6 annual passholders to a sign up group. If there is a total of 6000 seats available over the 18 nights, approx 1000 sign ups will be accepted. It is nice they are doing it. However, a few days after the sign ups happen, we will start reading about how they should have let Premier/Premium passholders first shot since they pay more, or if they do let PAPs first option, they should have opened it to everyone and how SoCals didn't get anything and that isn't fair because....

And then what about if they make it so you have to be at the park to register, and that isn't fair to everyone who lives far from the park and want to see it during their vacation.

Closest to fair way I can see is if they do a "First Come First Serve" wristband type thing day of limited to APs. But then you won't know in advance and you would just have to take a chance. Maybe that is what they will do, and that would probably work best!

Originally posted by TheDude View Post
                                  Ohh, I'm sure they will... but if you want to get a dinner package, you can get that online! :-)
                                  It should be easier with more dates open.

Comment

Doesn't sound like "news" to me. I've only seen it once, and it was free. Standing room. What's missing here?
                                    Stockholder and Walt Disney Autograph holder!!

Comment

Originally posted by Malcon10t View Post

Closest to fair way I can see is if they do a "First Come First Serve" wristband type thing day of limited to APs. But then you won't know in advance and you would just have to take a chance. Maybe that is what they will do, and that would probably work best!
                                      Love that idea !
                                      sigpic

Comment

Love that idea !
                                        Considering it would be only for the first 300 people if they required everyone to be present, I can see overnight lines...

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X